2022 Free Agency

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Wilson is 33 years old, if he returns to form it's a fine deal, though a bit much, if he plays like he has been lately Denver got bent over.

Denver was all in to contend for playoffs or possibly more..

Been awhile since theyve a a good QB..

Im thinking their fans are pumped now..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Denver was all in to contend for playoffs or possibly more..

Been awhile since theyve a a good QB..

Im thinking their fans are pumped now..

I imagine so, I just wonder if Wilson is the same guy or if he is cooked?

1 hour ago, Montana Bengal said:

Does Aaron Rodgers crave media attention?

I guess playing in Green Bay you have to create your own.

His signing may mean all other NFCN will draft rushers or corners..

Edited..

What Rodgers and the Packers are working out is cap friendly to retain Devonte Adams.

That has to be a must for Rodgers..

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Denver got reamed on that trade in my view. Gave up way too much. Wilson might have 3 more years left in him. Mortgaged the future and will still finish 3rd in their division. 

Could happen..

They could have waited for the draft

or sign a lesser value type. 

By looking at their opponents they absolutely knew they couldn't contend without a better QB..

There rolling it all on Wilson

7 come 11?

7 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Wilson is 33 years old, if he returns to form it's a fine deal, though a bit much, if he plays like he has been lately Denver got bent over.

Wut?? He has been a pro bowler for 5 straight years. If Caroll or their O-Coordinators were actually any good, Wilson would have 2 maybe 3 rings. 

How antiquated is Seattle’s offense?  Their top 3 running backs caught 21 passes combined in 2021,  Mixon caught 42. 

BTW, giving up Noah Fant is gonna hurt Denver. 

JC Jackson is a 20 mil per year guy. I'd love to have him but don't want to go cheap on the O-line. Jackson is certainly more deserving of that amount than Tunsil or Amari Cooper.

That tweet doesn't make much sense though. Dolphins are certainly not looking for another expensive corner.

We shouldn't be chasing Armstead. Jonah is serviceable and the least of our O-line issues. We need starters from LG to RT. If we add 4 guys for an average of 9 mil each, that would cost 36 mil but we could save 6 by cutting Hopkins. Spending 30 mil of our cap space to substantially upgrade the O-line seems like a good idea. That would leave us some money for other positions plus all our draft picks.

42 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

I know there has been a lot of talk about getting a premium LT in free agency.  But for the price of one LT the Bengals could probably get 2 or maybe 3 of some combination of guards and/or center that would be an improvement over the current roster.

Has anyone seen much discussion on that?

extactamundo!

We have a left tackle and he's fine.

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

Wut?? He has been a pro bowler for 5 straight years. If Caroll or their O-Coordinators were actually any good, Wilson would have 2 maybe 3 rings. 

How antiquated is Seattle’s offense?  Their top 3 running backs caught 21 passes combined in 2021,  Mixon caught 42. 

I think the Wilson trade will eventually be determined by whether or not he brings the Broncos a SB. Much like the Stafford trade, anything less than that and the other team wins the trade IMO. 

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

Seattle was a head scratcher in 2021. Mixon's 42 catches were over half as many as Metcalf's 75. They just refused to get him seriously involved for almost the entire season. I started wondering if it might have even been something personal, Metcalf is a pretty immature teammate at best. Didn't hear much though, and now Wilson is gone.

2 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I know there has been a lot of talk about getting a premium LT in free agency.  But for the price of one LT the Bengals could probably get 2 or maybe 3 of some combination of guards and/or center that would be an improvement over the current roster.

Has anyone seen much discussion on that?

There's discussions about every facet of oline improvement..

The need is all but LT imo.

Id start with signing a vet center and hopefully its Bozeman.. 

Re-sign Spain..

Draft Zion Williams.

Re-sign Reiff or a player of similar value.

William.Spain-.Bozeman.Johnson-Reiff..

Cap friendly for 3tech or corner as well..

Not the upper tier but much improved from last year.

And...it wont happen this way..😎

Archived