2022 Free Agency

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It seems like a lot more of the current deal monies are tied to the 'guaranteed' portion. This is something the Bengals (and some other teams so not just them) have not been keen on in the past. Something to keep an eye on. 

Green Bay and the Steelers don't do this either, though my understanding is the Steelers did do guaranteed money for Watt this past offseason.

25 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It seems like a lot more of the current deal monies are tied to the 'guaranteed' portion. This is something the Bengals (and some other teams so not just them) have not been keen on in the past. Something to keep an eye on. 

My guess is the big holdup on Bates contract is about guaranteed money.  Just my opinion though.  You are correct that many good players are asking for more of their contract be paid upfront. 

1 hour ago, westside bengal said:

My guess is the big holdup on Bates contract is about guaranteed money.  Just my opinion though.  You are correct that many good players are asking for more of their contract be paid upfront. 

This seemed to start as the cap dropped re Covid revenues. Less monies to allocate but guarantee more of it. 

37 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Not a fan of Scherff. Dude can’t stay healthy.

That’s what they said about the T currently killing it in SF…

I bet getting away from Washington, that organization, and that shitty ass field makes a difference.

Archived