2022 Free Agency

9 minutes ago, Cat said:

Honest question - anyone think that's a bit high for BJ Hill?

I was a little disappointed losing Ogunjobi but seeing he got 40 mil for 3 years and we get BJ Hill for 3 at 30 mil, sounds good to me.  So no think he is priced ok for the production he gave us and hopefully continues.

7 minutes ago, Cat said:

Salaries are going crazy this year and interior DL are in big need, there aren’t that many good ones out there. He was awesome in spots and will play a lot more with Larry being gone. I love the signing, one less thing to worry about. 

Bj made biggest play in bengals history over last 30 years picking Patrick maholmes off. I love keeping him and keep as much of this team around. They can teach younger players what they want. Backups make millions in nfl,so we need to bring up quality rotation. This keeps your team healthy and in playoff hunt. I love  the draft but for some reason we seem to take Ohio state players. Big daddy and price. Whoever looks at lines must just call Ohio state. There are good players from there but it seems we take more of them than most. New era old news. Great signings can’t go wrong with lineman ever. 

3 minutes ago, Cat said:

Nope, we could not afford to lose both him and Ogunjobi, paying him half the money in year 1 allows us flexibility after we draft someone if it doesnt work out.

We're really setting ourselves up nicely to go BPA in the draft.  Still need a backup TE (CJ preferably) and another edge.  It would be nice if Ossai pans out, but our pass rush was anemic whenever Hendrickson was out.  You can NEVER have too many pass rushers.  Need a backup 3 Tech and a #1 or #2 CB.  We may not be able to reasonably fill all of these needs, but I like the start.

Archived