2022 Free Agency

30 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Well, that certainly thins the herd of Bengal possibilities...

No J.C. Jackson, No Laken Tomlinson, No Brandon Scherff...

So let's re-sign Uzoma (edit: too late) and Apple (with a clause saying STFU)

and see what else shakes down.

So is Gronk still interested?

I like the idea of a STFU clause in Apple’s contract. 😂

4 hours ago, BengalBuck said:

Maybe the two FA threads should be merged together...?

I wanted a fresh start for today rather than 20 pages going back 4 weeks to scroll through (much of which is now outdated). But all the main issues are covered in both threads.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

It remains to be seen how much impact it will have losing a guy who was the emotional lifeblood of the team. I think onfield production can at least be replicated with a replacement but it sure isn't Sample. TE definitely is a need.

Uzomah was vocal for sure.  That doesn't mean he was the emotional lifeblood of the team.  There is a lot more going on than we see.  Time will tell though.  Every season the team is new.  They all have to become their own team.  We'll see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

There's little chance Gronk plays anywhere besides Tampa. But this is a good draft for TEs so we can find a good one on day 2 or 3. 

Plus there are still quality TE’s left on the market not named Gronk.

I really don’t see them ignoring the position until the draft comes around. My guess is they’ve already got someone lined up and we’ll find out who in the next couple of days. 

6 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

They liked oj Howard coming out of college

A big No to Howard..

Hes been injury plagued since a rookie.

The last was the achilles rupture

Buc fans say hes a total bust.

Not really into the gane and plays a lil soft in contested catches and blocking as well..

7 hours ago, fluhartz said:

Salaries are going crazy this year and interior DL are in big need, there aren’t that many good ones out there. He was awesome in spots and will play a lot more with Larry being gone. I love the signing, one less thing to worry about. 

The ability and importance of creating interior pressure and shutting  down running lanes for the Murray’s and Jackson’s of the world has not gone unnoticed. It probably cost us a Super Bowl. 

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

You could very well be right. Trey would not also have to worry about the guy on his left—if Karras were slotted there. Didn’t realize he was NE’s starter at LG last season. 

Also—and maybe something in the genetics—he is great-nephew to one of my all-time favorites (and one mean SOB)—Alex Karras. 

Grandson of Teddy Karras, Alex's older brother and also a NFL player. 

If you haven't read "Even Big Guys Cry" by Alex Karras, try to find a copy.  One of the best sports autobiographies out there. 

Archived