2022 Free Agency

19 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The ability and importance of creating interior pressure and shutting  down running lanes for the Murray’s and Jackson’s of the world has not gone unnoticed. It probably cost us a Super Bowl. 

With more snaps I see Hill with more sacks this year.

I would zero in on Hill and Hendrickson 

creating havoc on the blindside ..

That foursome up front is fun to watch.

Animals..all of them..

29 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Maybe look at Mo Alie-Cox, OJ Howard or Eric Ebron?

He TE waters are shallow out there..

Sample is a decent blocker..

With all the weapons JB has and possibly more time now to overlook the field

for Chase Higgins Boyd or dump off to Mixon makes it seem logical a pass catcher isnt as important as a blocker..

L.. 

15 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He TE waters are shallow out there..

Sample is a decent blocker..

With all the weapons JB has and possibly more time now to overlook the field

for Chase Higgins Boyd or dump off to Mixon makes it seem logical a pass catcher isnt as important as a blocker..

L.. 

Alie-Cox is a solid blocker  as well and a bit bigger.   Sample doesn’t seem to offer much other than blocking. 

50 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Alie-Cox is a solid blocker  as well and a bit bigger.   Sample doesn’t seem to offer much other than blocking. 

Alie-Cox would seem to be a good fit then..

Sample is not a receiving threat.

His short route running is slow and he's not good on contested catches..

He's making a living blocking..

What's left

QB: Still need to re-sign Brandon Allen or go bigger. Interesting names still out there: Marcus Mariota, Tyrod Taylor, Andy Dalton and I love Josh Dobbs but he is more competition than an upgrade.

RB: There is going to be so much talent available here. We won't need any veterans early in the offseason but I would love to see who is available at the end of next week. 

WR: We need a 4th WR and could use a dynamic PR. Jakeem Grant would be great to take a look at. Tre'Quan Smith is a guy that should be on our radar. I am high on Khalif Raymond too. Curious who we might get on a prove it deal that just wants to play with Burrow. 

TE: Huge need with Uzomah gone. Maybe 5 guys could replace him....Gronkowski, Tyler Conklin, Everett, Hurst, Tonyan. 

OL: There is so much talent left that we might just get another starter. Could use a C or G and a T....because Jonah could switch. 

C Bozeman, Daniels

LG Williams, Spain, Norwell

LT Armstead, Brown, Fisher

RT Collins, Turner, Brown, Massie, Moses, Williams

3T: Could use another pass rusher on the interior: Calais Campbell, Hicks, Richardson, Solomon Thomas

DE: Ingram, Houston, Vernon, Hughes, Harris, Key, Jones, Clowney, Armstrong, Nwosu, Griffen, Flowers, Barnett, Addison, Fowler, McPhee, Pierre-Paul

S: McCain

CB: Ward, Jackson, Hughes, Reed

44 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

What's left

QB: Still need to re-sign Brandon Allen or go bigger. Interesting names still out there: Marcus Mariota, Tyrod Taylor, Andy Dalton and I love Josh Dobbs but he is more competition than an upgrade.

RB: There is going to be so much talent available here. We won't need any veterans early in the offseason but I would love to see who is available at the end of next week. 

WR: We need a 4th WR and could use a dynamic PR. Jakeem Grant would be great to take a look at. Tre'Quan Smith is a guy that should be on our radar. I am high on Khalif Raymond too. Curious who we might get on a prove it deal that just wants to play with Burrow. 

TE: Huge need with Uzomah gone. Maybe 5 guys could replace him....Gronkowski, Tyler Conklin, Everett, Hurst, Tonyan. 

OL: There is so much talent left that we might just get another starter. Could use a C or G and a T....because Jonah could switch. 

C Bozeman, Daniels

LG Williams, Spain, Norwell

LT Armstead, Brown, Fisher

RT Collins, Turner, Brown, Massie, Moses, Williams

3T: Could use another pass rusher on the interior: Calais Campbell, Hicks, Richardson, Solomon Thomas

DE: Ingram, Houston, Vernon, Hughes, Harris, Key, Jones, Clowney, Armstrong, Nwosu, Griffen, Flowers, Barnett, Addison, Fowler, McPhee, Pierre-Paul

S: McCain

CB: Ward, Jackson, Hughes, Reed

Collins would have been my choice at RT..

Sheldon Richardson is a decent 3tech that can also tackle.

He was on a 3.6mil 1yr deal..

Hill and Richardson would be a good rotation..

Going into Day 2 of Free Agency 

- Bengals 3 biggest holes right now are TE, CB, and OT. Some guys on my radar are TE Robert Tonyan, TE Maxx Williams, TE Hayden Hurst, or TE Jesse James, CB Fabian Moreau, LT Terron Armstead, or RT Trent Brown. Gronk is a wildcard with Brady's return but should at least get a call to check. 

- If the Bengals are looking for another G still, I like Will Hernandez or James Daniels. 

- Even though the Bengals signed Karras who can play Center, I would still consider Bradley Bozeman and move Karras to guard where he has also played. 

- As far as Bengals to re-sign and bring back, I think they can easily re-sign Tre Flowers, Stanley Morgan, and Clark Harris. 

- 3 starters that I think the Bengals are on the fence about bringing back are Quentin Spain, Riley Reiff, and Eli Apple. They could see offers from other teams in the coming days. 

- The Bengals need to make a decision if they will bring back QB Brandon Allen (if not they need a #2 QB). Perhaps they take a look at someone like Mike White, who beat the Bengals with the Jets in his first start. 

- I think the Bengals should make a run for Jakeem Grant as a KR / PR. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

- Bengals 3 biggest holes right now are TE, CB, and OT. Some guys on my radar are TE Robert Tonyan, TE Maxx Williams, TE Hayden Hurst, or TE Jesse James, CB Fabian Moreau, LT Terron Armstead, or RT Trent Brown. Gronk is a wildcard with Brady's return but should at least get a call to check. 

- Even though the Bengals signed Karras who can play Center, I would still consider Bradley Bozeman and move Karras to guard where he has also played. 

- As far as Bengals to resign and bring back, I think they can easily resign Tre Flowers, Stanley Morgan, and Clark Harris. 

- 3 starters that I think the Bengals are on the fence about bringing back are Quentin Spain, Riley Reiff, and Eli Apple. They could see offers from other teams in the coming days. 

- The Bengals need to make a decision if they will bring back QB Brandon Allen (if not they need a #2 QB). Perhaps they take a look at someone like Mike White, who beat the Bengals with the Jets in his first start. 

Agree about Bozeman but I think they're satisfied with Mad Dog Karras at center now.

Takes the worries off signing Bozeman or drafting Linderbaum..

I think the Browns released Chad Henne and he's a solid backup to go after..

If Brandon Wilson is healthy you have a dynamic KR along with reliable Trent Turner at PR..

Spain could be re-signed at a friendly price until Carman is ready at LG..

Say if Cappa misses time you insert Carman at RG and slot Spain at LG..

They cover an injury at guard..

Too bad they couldnt come to terms with the Cowboys over Collins..

RT is still a hole as is CB.

Those positions should be the next 2 up..

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree about Bozeman but I think they're satisfied with Mad Dog Karras at center now.

If Brandon Wilson is healthy you have a dynamic KR along with reliable Trent Turner at PR..

Sounds too much like this year's line.  I don't know that we can expect Carman to be better; we can hope.

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Did the pokies deal Collins anywhere?  Was listening to a podcast that said if they held onto him until the 1st of June, the would save $10M against the cap.  If they dealt him they would receive draft capital, cap saving would be minimal, but they would avoid a $6M roster bonus.  

If he is released, his relationship with Pollard, a chance to block for Burrow and a shot at a ring might help them land him (and not give up picks).

6 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

If Linderbaum and Elam are both there at 31 do we get Civil War part 2? Who do you take?

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

I don't think that's him? I suspect there is a LOT of upside hidden there. 

Could be. I would love to pair with him someone who is super steady so if he flakes no biggie. Would have loved to take a flyer on him with CJ here. 

I would maybe grab Chris Herndon and Maxx Williams for the same price then. 

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

- If the Bengals are looking for another G still, I like Will Hernandez or James Daniels. 

- As far as Bengals to re-sign and bring back, I think they can easily re-sign Tre Flowers, Stanley Morgan, and Clark Harris

Pay that man.. you never hear his name which is a good thing.. I still have nightmares about Brad St. Louis. 

Archived