2022 Free Agency

18 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

If Green Bay offered a 2nd rounder for Tyler Boyd, should the Bengals accept it?

I posted the same thing yesterday. I’d do it in a heartbeat. I have nothing at all against Boyd but he’s never going to see another contract here, so why not? 

Joe Burrow again playing key role recruiting free agents to Bengals

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/18/joe-burrow-key-role-recruiting-free-agents-bengals-lael-collins/

"The Athletic’s Paul Dehner Jr. also reported that Burrow was active and involved on the La’el Collins front. The team had a big interest in the star right tackle after the Cowboys cut him and Collins quickly scheduled a visit with the Bengals. Of course, there’s also the LSU connection between Burrow, Collins and others on the roster, too."

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

I posted the same thing yesterday. I’d do it in a heartbeat. I have nothing at all against Boyd but he’s never going to see another contract here, so why not? 

6 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

This.

Because Boyd is a proven guy and the draft is a maybe. 

I'd do it if we were in rebuilding mode, but we're not, we're in lets get back to the Super Bowl and win it mode. Boyd is more of a sure thing to do that than any draft pick would be.

6 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Melvin Ingram Predictions: Are the Chiefs, Bengals, or Packers interested in Ingram in free agency?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/melvin-ingram-predictions-are-the-chiefs-bengals-or-packers-interested-in-ingram-in-free-agency/

Let's work more on attmpting to get Collins in the fold first,  then if there is still interest,  take a look.  We do have Ossai coming back from being lost for the season with his injury...I want to see what he(Ossai) can do before seening we need additional pass rush.  Just my opinion.

25 minutes ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Let's work more on attmpting to get Collins in the fold first,  then if there is still interest,  take a look.  We do have Ossai coming back from being lost for the season with his injury...I want to see what he(Ossai) can do before seening we need additional pass rush.  Just my opinion.

I'm of the opinion that you can NEVER have too many pass rushers.  The times Hendrickson was off of the field last year, we got zero pressure.  Ossai might be able to help that, but we only have half of a pre-season game on him.  Percentages would say it's more likely for him to bust than boom.  I don't know how much Ingram has left in the tank, but I'm never against more pass rushers...especially with what all of these AFC teams have done so far in free agency.

Bills got Von Miller

AFC West all have good to great QBs and names like Khalil Mack, Chandler Jones, Joey Bosa, etc.

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

Ok we get Packers  2nd rounder ..#50th pick or so..

Who is now the slot for the Bengals?

How would JB respond?

6 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Update on La’el Collins’ visit with Bengals

Will the Bengals seal the deal?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/3/18/22985191/lael-collins-news-cincinnati-bengals-visit-nfl-rumors

Please get this done today..

The final piece to a good oline in the making....

2 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Putting a lot of eggs in the Karras basket. Still no LG to rely upon.  

Trey might come back after a go-around in FA, if this wasn't already discussed with him already.  

Archived