2022 Free Agency

27 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

Today is the day.

alright, I'll bite.................for what?

Collins leaving without a contract after all the hype is disappointing but certainly not the end of the world.

I agree with BJ - he is clearly the best option at the moment but not at stupid money.

There are a number of other tackles still out there (too lazy to do the research right now) that will work just fine.

We addressed our biggest weakness which was in the middle and we knocked it out of the park.

Collins may still end up here - who knows - it just has to be at a number the Bengals can deal with.

There's a lot of moving parts here and we can't be shortsighted (like the numbskulls up north).

Our pass defense was ranked towards the bottom of the league last year. We need to get better there too. Especially with all the quality quarterbacks in the AFC.

As such, I'm liking the Gilmore rumors.

Let's see what's next - I don't think they're done just yet.

“Today is the day” was an often quoted line by our dear Scharm, when questions about who and when were signing over the years. 

I’ll admit to refreshing screens yesterday, in anticipation of good news. Then, had to smack myself in the noggin’…realizing there isn’t fuck all I could do about it. 

9 hours ago, Gary said:

Free agent signings are so much more exciting when you have a good team, and people actually want to come here. I am stuck with the Sacramento Kings......... 

Most of us don’t follow hockey.  :ninja:

Article from yesterday—and it’s LAC-based—but a decent look at a few other RT’s out there (and I lol @ the “expected salary” for Collins)

If one can get past the “OMG..he’s over 30!!!” mindset, the top two might be of interest 

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/.amp/news/chargers-nfl-free-agency-right-tackle-to-pursue-contract

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Article from yesterday—and it’s LAC-based—but a decent look at a few other RT’s out there (and I lol @ the “expected salary” for Collins)

If one can get past the “OMG..he’s over 30!!!” mindset, the top two might be of interest 

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/.amp/news/chargers-nfl-free-agency-right-tackle-to-pursue-contract

Surely the Bengos staff is not all sitting in a conference room, wringing their hands, and waiting for Collins to pick Miami - they are looking at the other options and evaluating their next move... right? Right???

35 minutes ago, Cat said:

Surely the Bengos staff is not all sitting in a conference room, wringing their hands, and waiting for Collins to pick Miami - they are looking at the other options and evaluating their next move... right? Right???

One would logically concur. 

1 hour ago, Jungletiger said:

'

So CJ  really is dating Kay, now we'll see if it was all for him or was she a real fan of the team lol.

I feel strangely a little worried about being disappointed by this, like she'll be wearing Jets gear on Monday morning after they lose. Lol

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

That’s the Royals to you, fella 😄

image.jpeg.556ec30a31ebaf3976aff4aa85240420.jpeg

Oh dang! I did not even know The Kings were in Cincinnati at a point.. Cincinnati Royals 1957–1972... Dang.. Anyone here a Kings fan? I started liking the bengals in 1982 when the Bengals played the 49ers.. I cried like a baby (I was a literal baby pretty much in 1982) when they lost. Only reason I started liking the Bengals is because I liked all the teams that went against my dad's teams. Since my first football game I ever watched was the 1982 superbowl I picked the Bengals (and as a 4 year old I loved tigers). Since then I have been a huge fan! Been to so many games the Bengals played out west, but never to Cincinnati.... Hopefully this year I will go to a game in Cincinnati. Covid screwed it up when I was going to go to a game in 2020.

18 minutes ago, Gary said:

Oh dang! I did not even know The Kings were in Cincinnati at a point.. Cincinnati Royals 1957–1972... Dang.. Anyone here a Kings fan?

Yeah, the Royals were—other than a few years—the only NBA team in Ohio. Some of the all-time NBA greats played there: chief being Oscar Robertson and Jerry Lucas. 

They moved to Kansas City, and split home games for a while between KC and Omaha. Nate Archibald was the big-time player of note during those years. 

I always liked the Sac Kings. I was a huge fan of them in the ‘90’s and early 2000’s. 

Also, Sacramento is the home of one of my all-time fav bands: 

image.png.78cc3185292aa834c44a9c1fe35a0ba7.png

Archived