2022 Free Agency

27 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

Lil thought in my mind that Bengals may yet make a move for Tretter at center.

They haven't signed Spain yet which puzzled me some but they may shoot for Tretter and move Ted Karras to LG..

Im happy with Spain but Tretter signing would be astonishing if it happened.

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Lil thought in my mind that Bengals may yet make a move for Tretter at center.

They haven't signed Spain yet which puzzled me some but they may shoot for Tretter and move Ted Karras to LG..

Im happy with Spain but Tretter signing would be astonishing if it happened.

I think they are set on Karras being the Center. 

12 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

My only question about the Bengals and Browns is which team will be the home team for the Prime Time game.  Also, I can see them staying with a late season match up to flex to later

for more viewership than some dud contest.

If smart, it'll be in PBS where the crowd will at least be positive.  Between them most likely not doing well, and the Jerk scandal, I wouldn't have it in CLE for the nation to see.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Bradley Bozeman only got 2.7 mil from the Panthers. We should have offered that and added another veteran lineman. 

It was a LOT more. He gets $500K per game game day bonus. It is basically an $11 million dollar contract. It was reported very weirdly. 

13 hours ago, DanvilleBengal said:

That may be true, but we understand this thing started happening the day Zac Taylor took over.  We all know none of what happened would occur if conservative ass Marvin Lewis was the head coach still...

I cant put it all on Marvin..

Tobin was here and he was drafting alot of busts on the oline..

He changed the course by signing solid FA linemen thanks to the Blackburn women opening up the checkbook that Mike had hidden ..

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I cant put it all on Marvin..

Tobin was here and he was drafting alot of busts on the oline..

He changed the course by signing solid FA linemen thanks to the Blackburn women opening up the checkbook that Mike had hidden ..

Keep in mind that this F/O relies alot on the coaches input when it comes to draft time, so putting alot of it on Marvin is fine. That said, Tobin drafted some pretty good guys when Marvin was here too. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Keep in mind that this F/O relies alot on the coaches input when it comes to draft time, so putting alot of it on Marvin is fine. That said, Tobin drafted some pretty good guys when Marvin was here too. 

Seems like you take the good with the bad, but that's with any F/O, not just the Bengals. Nice insight, Jamie.

3 minutes ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Seems like you take the good with the bad, but that's with any F/O, not just the Bengals. Nice insight, Jamie.

Should be interesting how well we draft now that we are drafting at the bottom of it.

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Should be interesting how well we draft now that we are drafting at the bottom of it.

Right..

Totally different stategy ..

Its like starting your draft with the top pick in round 2..

You could canvas most all late first or mid 2nd rounders at that spot....

So who would be a great fit there?

8 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Right..

Totally different stategy ..

Its like starting your draft with the top pick in round 2..

So who would be a great fit there?

I think Booth and Elam at CB, Linderbaum at C, Johnson at G, Ojabo or Johnson on the edge, not a lot of LBs that should be there worth the #31 spot but I think we can get some depth later, I might target a Logan Hall in 2 if he is there to be the 3 tech, maybe Cine at S in R1. If any of those guys are not there I might even consider trading out of the 1st.

16 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Intense competition for players and not the best FA field I've ever seen, yet the Bengals are able to do an amazing job of addressing their biggest needs (and they still have remaining cash & targets)  Truly Interesting Times in the NFL these days. 

35 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think Booth and Elam at CB, Linderbaum at C, Johnson at G, Ojabo or Johnson on the edge, not a lot of LBs that should be there worth the #31 spot but I think we can get some depth later, I might target a Logan Hall in 2 if he is there to be the 3 tech, maybe Cine at S in R1. If any of those guys are not there I might even consider trading out of the 1st.

Good picks all...

As for linebackers..

Ive stated that Chad Muma is another Logan Wilson type and with Pratt on his contract year it would seem wise to have a replacement ready or just another tough backer in the rotation...

Archived