2022 Free Agency

38 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The Athletic has an interview with Taylor from the league meetings. Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in bringing Ogunjobi back. 

If he is still injured, would be the only reason I could think of. I assume money hasn't been discussed back and forth. 

He was a serious force on the line before injury. Not going to get that force out of Tupou or Shelvin, but it appears they are "moving on" and other cliches 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

If he is still injured, would be the only reason I could think of. I assume money hasn't been discussed back and forth. 

He was a serious force on the line before injury. Not going to get that force out of Tupou or Shelvin, but it appears they are "moving on" and other cliches 

Im sure theyll add another 3tech .

You cant have just one ..

Maybe a DeMarvin Leal type or a soon to be cap casualty in the league.

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The Athletic has an interview with Taylor from the league meetings. Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in bringing Ogunjobi back. 

Just read Hobsons version of it, and doesn`t sounds like they have no interest. Number one he has to get healthy and 2 money would have to make sense. So in other words no change since the start of free agency. They would love to sign him if able to. 

Maybe The Athletic has a different view, but hard to believe the Bengals have no interest. He was an important part of the team.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

as long as it is not actually DeMarvin Leal who is plummeting down draft boards after disastrous testing

On 3/29/2022 at 1:13 PM, claptonrocks said:

Although, one option they have is to go after another edge and move Hubbard Inside on Passing downs.   

Cam Sample is also an option to play inside on passing downs. 

We're not in bad shape at DT. Reader is a top tier run defender. Tupou and Shelvin are big bodies who are hard to move. Hill is a good interior pass rusher. Hubbard and Sample can rush from inside too. So they may pick a DE over a DT in the draft. 

56 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Although, one option they have is to go after another edge and move Hubbard Inside on Passing downs.   

Hubbsrd has moved to 3tech at times but at 270lbs its tough on him.

They definately need a rotational 3tech with Hill.

Maybe they sign a soon to be FA or draft one but to me its a priority to keep pressure from the inside .

Bengals Re-Signing Cornerback Tre Flowers

The 26-year-old appeared in 13 games, including all four postseason contests for Cincinnati last season.

CINCINNATI — The Bengals re-signed cornerback Tre Flowers to a one-year, $1.85 million contract with $500K guaranteed according to Doug Kyed of Pro Football Focus. 

Flowers had 23 tackles in nine games for Cincinnati last season. He also had 11 tackles and two passes defensed in four playoff games. 

The 26-year-old played a key role against bigger wide receivers and opposing tight ends. Flowers is 6-foot-3, 203 pounds and has long arms, which allows him to guard bigger players. 

Flowers also made some big plays on special teams in Cincinnati's divisional round playoff win over Tennessee. He joined the team in October after being cut by Seattle. 

The Bengals already re-signed Eli Apple. Now they bring back another key piece of their secondary with the 2022 NFL Draft just three weeks away. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-re-sign-cornerback-tre-flowers

I like Tre Flowers, nice signing.

As for the Ogunjobi discussion from last week, I heard an interview and the gist was basically that once Ogunjobi heals up in a month or whatever, he is going to get "starter money" from some team and the Bengals aren't really in the market for starter money for him since they already have 4 DL making $10M+ a year and can't really afford to have a 5th in that same range. Totally makes sense to me with the Burrow/Higgins extensions likely this time next year.

4 hours ago, happyrid said:

I like Tre Flowers, nice signing.

As for the Ogunjobi discussion from last week, I heard an interview and the gist was basically that once Ogunjobi heals up in a month or whatever, he is going to get "starter money" from some team and the Bengals aren't really in the market for starter money for him since they already have 4 DL making $10M+ a year and can't really afford to have a 5th in that same range. Totally makes sense to me with the Burrow/Higgins extensions likely this time next year.

❤️ a Higgins extension.

Archived