2022 Free Agency

6 hours ago, GoBengals said:

this is both a very very cool and very very useful response.

Come on now, it’s hard to believe Adam Jones or any former player is going to have this kind of intel. And if they did, the quickest way to lose that source is to spill it in public.  

There is an old Italian saying, only 3 people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead. 

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

It would be an upgrade though

Likely.  Part of me is not sure the ACL thing didn't slow Hopkins down. The other part says he's a 6 year vet and has to have a guard make the line calls. 

Upgrade.

2 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Likely.  Part of me is not sure the ACL thing didn't slow Hopkins down. The other part says he's a 6 year vet and has to have a guard make the line calls. 

Upgrade.

Agreed. I think we can get better at the spot, but the bleeding right now is at RG. And RT if we decide that Rieff was a 1 year stop gap.

Interesting - more confirmation of what we have been guessing - which is that Burrow is a game-changer potentially when it comes to free agency and drawing players to Cincy:

INDIANAPOLIS — It’s amazing what a Super Bowl appearance and an ascending, young quarterback can do for the reputation of an NFL franchise.

Completely unprompted, an agent for a prominent free-agent tight end told PFF recently how badly he wanted his client to sign with the Bengals and play with quarterback Joe Burrow.

Rob Gronkowski, who’s also a free agent and lost his longtime quarterback to retirement, expressed a similar sentiment publicly last month.

“I kinda like this young buck quarterback. He's in the Super Bowl now: It's Joe Burrow, man,” Gronkowski said in February. “I watched him in college. I just love the way he presents himself out on the football field. In the pocket, he's just so calm and he just slings it out on the field. … I just love his swag, too.”

Burrow was PFF’s top-graded quarterback in 2021 and exudes the confidence that earned him the “Joe Brr” moniker. The Bengals don’t need help at wide receiver or running back, but they could certainly use upgrades on the offensive line and at tight end. Would a player sign with the Bengals for less money to play with Burrow? Maybe not. But if it’s for the same amount, then at least one agent is pushing his player to Cincinnati to play with Burrow.

“I want to stay there,” Bengals GM Duke Tobin quipped when asked if Burrow makes Cincinnati a destination for free agents. “The people that cover him, they don’t want to trade him out to cover someone else. He’s the real deal. Our job — like I said when we drafted him — is to support him in the best way we can. … Having Joe, I think players really respect Joe.”

That's someone other than Gronk. Good stuff from PFF...

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-scouting-combine-joe-burrow-cincinnati-bengals-free-agent-destination-washington-commanders-qb-2022

30 minutes ago, membengal said:

Interesting - more confirmation of what we have been guessing - which is that Burrow is a game-changer potentially when it comes to free agency and drawing players to Cincy:

That's someone other than Gronk. Good stuff from PFF...

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-scouting-combine-joe-burrow-cincinnati-bengals-free-agent-destination-washington-commanders-qb-2022

Here are your FA TEs, other than Gronk I wonder who said this?

2022 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

O.J. Howard?  

I don’t really follow other players, but wasn’t he a very high-ranked draft pick?  How has he done?

OJ Howard has the potential to be 

a solid pass catching target.

Problem..

Kid has allready occured many injuries..

Ankle..knee..

Achilles tendon the latest..

Spotrac listed in for a 1yr ..2.3mil prove it deal..

Gronk was 3yr .28.5...9.5per

CJ......was 3yr..25.0...8.3per

If the Howard deal is close sign him.

CJ seems high and Gronk too old for 3yr deals..

Archived