This makes me Sick!!!

4 hours ago, StripesNall said:

I still can't believe we lost to these clowns! They're smoking Burrow's cigar...they're not cool, they don't deserve to win the Super Bowl! God I can't take it anymore....

aholes.jpg

Alot of QBs celebrate with the cigar..

They're on a super bowl victory high.

You know we are still the defending AFC champions ..

We b back..

6 hours ago, StripesNall said:

I still can't believe we lost to these clowns! They're smoking Burrow's cigar...they're not cool, they don't deserve to win the Super Bowl! God I can't take it anymore....

aholes.jpg

Yet next year, at their first home game, the opposing team will have more fans. 

All good. They'll be one and done. We building a dynasty.  We are just a few Offensive linemen away from crushing everyone.  We built backwards from the Patriots. Where they started with a great O-Line and built the team around that we started with skill players to build a great Oline around. We coming back year after year. Chase and T are going to change football. If we can keep those two together for a few years it is going to be incredible. Smashing records.

I'm the exact opposite, I congratulate them on their win. I'm a former professional....athlete isn't the right word, pool player. When you lose a match it's really rude to piss and moan about it. You man up and congratulate the winner BECAUSE they beat a good player. In this instance, the rams beat a great Bengals team so they deserve to be congratulated. I've walked away the victor many, many times. I've walked away in second place even more than that. It is what it is, you can't win every single one of them. Also, as I said in a previous thread, money can't buy the excitement we had first getting to the playoffs, then finally winning one in the playoffs, then another, and another, and then going to the Super Bowl. Don't let one loss ruin all of that. It's done. Time to look forward.

I'm also curious as to how many cities put on rallies for a team that lost? Cincinnati rules all!! I will say this about that rally, I'm a bit disappointed that none of the players were there, especially the top names. No, they don't owe anyone anything, but would it have killed them to take 30 minutes out of their day to thank the people that stood in the cold to greet them after a loss and continue to cheer them on? 

12 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Should’ve resigned a couple of the OLman or gone after in FA instead of like going after useless Waynes and then the Bengals would be in these picks instead.  You can only scream this for so long.  It is not rocket science except to Mike Brown it is.  

A healthy Waynes would have been a huge addition to the team.  It would mean Eli Apple is on the field far less if at all.  Nobody pitches a perfect game in the draft or FA.   Also, good lineman in FA are  rare, expensive and almost every team wants them.  

As with every Super Bowl winner over the course of the last 20 years or so, 6 months from now the general sporting public will not even remember who they are. Would have been the same for the Bengals. It’s always “on to the next best thing. 

I work with a lot of mild-to-moderate NFL fans. Just for craps and giggles, I asked them one day recently to name the last 10 Super Bowl matchups. Other than the past two (barely), no one could even remember the winners. 

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

As with every Super Bowl winner over the course of the last 20 years or so, 6 months from now the general sporting public will not even remember who they are. Would have been the same for the Bengals. It’s always “on to the next best thing. 

I work with a lot of mild-to-moderate NFL fans. Just for craps and giggles, I asked them one day recently to name the last 10 Super Bowl matchups. Other than the past two (barely), no one could even remember the winners. 

Thats right..

10 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Neither could Rams own fans as hardly anyone showed up at their parade.  😂 

13 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

This is Rams SB Champion QB Scumbag. Walks away from a woman reporter who fell and fractured her spine.  Pathetic! https://twitter.com/goodblackdude/status/1494445322243751946?s=20&t=s7pfghjqKGReYqRdNG_HIA 

That really was bizarre - I don't expect him to turn into a doctor, but just to walk away looks terrible.

4 hours ago, Cat said:

That really was bizarre - I don't expect him to turn into a doctor, but just to walk away looks terrible.

You know, for someone in his position you kind of have to wonder if he's moving away from any potential lawsuits. People are litigation crazy these days. He's probably like "Fuck that, I'm out". You're right though,  it looks horrible.

47 minutes ago, MULLY said:

You know, for someone in his position you kind of have to wonder if he's moving away from any potential lawsuits. People are litigation crazy these days. He's probably like "Fuck that, I'm out". You're right though,  it looks horrible.

Hey Mully...so glad to see you around here again...

The thing that bugs me was that from what I saw, it was his split-second reaction that was the horrible part.  It wasn't a few seconds later after he had time to think about repercussions/lawsuits/etc, it was the initial gut reaction.  When something bad happens people either have a fight or flight, or care or not care, get involved or walk away, or however you want to term it...it's just a human nature reaction.  His reaction in this case was bad.

I didn't see a longer video with context, but couldn't he see what was going to happen and maybe warn her to stop backing up?

It's great that he's helping the victim with medical expenses, but you can't help but wonder if that wasn't just a PR move to improve the optics and/or throwing money at a problem to make it go away.

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

The thing that bugs me was that from what I saw, it was his split-second reaction that was the horrible part.  It wasn't a few seconds later after he had time to think about repercussions/lawsuits/etc, it was the initial gut reaction.  When something bad happens people either have a fight or flight, or care or not care, get involved or walk away, or however you want to term it...it's just a human nature reaction.  His reaction in this case was bad.

I didn't see a longer video with context, but couldn't he see what was going to happen and maybe warn her to stop backing up?

It's great that he's helping the victim with medical expenses, but you can't help but wonder if that wasn't just a PR move to improve the optics and/or throwing money at a problem to make it go away.

Gotta say it and homer that I am, I think Joe Burrow would have reacted quite differently to at least show

some compassion, offer help, something.  And Joe Mixon would have jumped off the stage to help or see if

he could help her.  He really is that kind of guy.

JMHO.

18 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Gotta say it and homer that I am, I think Joe Burrow would have reacted quite differently to at least show

some compassion, offer help, something.  And Joe Mixon would have jumped off the stage to help or see if

he could help her.  He really is that kind of guy.

JMHO.

My first gut reaction was exactly the same. Burrow would have jumped off that stage immediately. I don't doubt that for a second.

MULLY

19 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Oh, I think he's a piece of dog shit, I was just giving a possible reason why he may have done it. Like you said, fight or flight, someone in his position's first instinct is to get the fuck away from any trouble. I don't doubt for a second that Burrow would have immediately jumped off to help her.

MULLY

Archived