THE LAST O-LINE THREAD....i hope...

On Addeniji.

This kid has been abused position wise

since he arrived..

He's played RT RG LG LT to help out.

I remember Manyweather saying he was a steal when they drafted him.

He said he was a LT possibly LG..

Unforseen shit play from the RG spot and Pollack inserts him there..

Bad move..

RG is a power position.. 

Big mauling road graders .

Its bully ball there..

Adenijji is only 302 lbs..

Hes more tech than physical.

Stick him back to LT as a backup and he could provide quality depth there..

7 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

On Addeniji.

since he arrived..

Bad move..

RG is a power position.. 

Its bully ball there..

Come on, Bro.  He's worthless. Haven't all the Great Minds on this site convinced you that we don't have a Single Offensive Lineman on the roster that is any Good??  We've got to cut Everyone!!  😂😂

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Well we do have a lot of young backups who certainly don't deserve to be starting in the NFL but were thrust into service. If it makes you feel better, PFF likes Fred Johnson and rated his 90 snaps last season as our highest graded o-lineman. 

Nothing about Fred Johnson would make me feel better..

Prince had an 88 pff after 50 snaps as an extra lineman in schemes.

Insert him into stater and he was bad..

On 2/24/2022 at 12:09 AM, claptonrocks said:

On Addeniji.

since he arrived..

Bad move..

RG is a power position.. 

Its bully ball there..

302 isn't going to get it done at LT either.  It's pretty obvious that Adeniji doesn't have the strength to start in the NFL.  He gets blown back by nearly everyone he faces.  Not just Aaron Donald.  Even for smaller guys at LT like Williams, 315 in 2021, core strength is essential.  Whitworth pointed that out about Oogie-Boogie not having the proper core strength when he left.  He was right.  Williams has been working on his body for several years and is still considered undersized as a LT.  Adeniji will get bullrushed in pass protection at any spot he plays on the line.  He can't handle it.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

302 isn't going to get it done at LT either.  It's pretty obvious that Adeniji doesn't have the strength to start in the NFL.  He gets blown back by nearly everyone he faces.  Not just Aaron Donald.  Even for smaller guys at LT like Williams, 315 in 2021, core strength is essential.  Whitworth pointed that out about Oogie-Boogie not having the proper core strength when he left.  He was right.  Williams has been working on his body for several years and is still considered undersized as a LT.  Adeniji will get bullrushed in pass protection at any spot he plays on the line.  He can't handle it.

I agree about bulking up..

6'5 302lbs is lean..

Wouldnt be a problem adding 10lbs to his frame ..

He has the quick feet ..not the bulk..

Maybe we see him bigger and maybe better this year on the Left side..

“You can build an offensive line without using all your first-round picks to do it. If you go back and look at the last five Super Bowl-winning teams, 25 starting offensive linemen, three of them were home-grown first-round picks. You just can’t have any tomato cans out there.”

—Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network, with some wise words about team construction.

Pollack spoke at the Combine today - here is some of it per the Enquirer- the kind of leader he's looking for may be instructive per free agency...

Over the next few weeks, Pollack will be evaluating the offensive linemen who will be available in free agency after a thorough self-scout of the players he currently has in his room. In his 16th season as an NFL coach, Pollack has established the identity he feels his group must have to be successful.

“Just from what I see on tape and then does he fit in the room?” Pollack said. “Is he a leader? Is he a guy that’s going to be that alpha male? Is he a guy that’s going to be more reserved? I’d love to have more leadership in the room, love to have more alpha males in the room, can’t get enough of those guys. Would love to have more what I call glass eaters in the room. Can never have enough of those guys. That’s what this league requires. Those are the kind of offensive linemen that we’re looking for.”

The attention surrounding the Bengals’ offensive line this offseason will be at an all-time high following how the Super Bowl 56 loss unfolded. Quarterback Joe Burrow, in his second season in the NFL, was sacked seven times in the loss to the Rams. Burrow was sacked 70 times in total, including the regular season and the playoffs. The 70 sacks Burrow took is the third-most in NFL history.

Pollack specifically addressed the number of sacks his team allowed this season on Wednesday at the combine.

“I hate all sacks,” Pollack said. “They all make me angry and upset. I understand why they happen but we don’t’ want them. I would love to be able to get zero sacks the entire year. That is what I am straining for and losing my mind the whole time every day about. That’s not realistic but that is what I am grinding on and everyone’s approach should be that way.”

Wait, Pollack hasn't finished his post season evaluations of current players? Why not? Seems pretty late in the game to just now be doing that. The coaches should be grading each player based on their performance every week. The week after the last game they should have a full season writeup on every player. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Wait, Pollack hasn't finished his post season evaluations of current players? Why not? Seems pretty late in the game to just now be doing that. The coaches should be grading each player based on their performance every week. The week after the last game they should have a full season writeup on every player. 

He coached them all year.

He knows where they're at..

FA may be his focus right now.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Saying that so he doesn't have to answer questions about the evaluations of current players.  Smart.  Making any negative views public helps no one.

39 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He can say he's proud of his guys effort or stuff like that. Saying he hasn't finished evaluating them is something else.

Coaches deserve vacation after the SB too. He has time, FA doesn't start till the 17th. 

50 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He can say he's proud of his guys effort or stuff like that. Saying he hasn't finished evaluating them is something else.

You know he isn't going to rip any players in the public.  Asking and/or wanting him to do so is foolish.  Saying he is finished evaluating just opens the door to more questions he isn't going to answer.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Coaches deserve vacation after the SB too. He has time, FA doesn't start till the 17th. 

Sure but he should finish his 2021 work before he goes on vacation. Since the Bengals use coaches as scouts to evaluate free agents and potential draftees, he should do his vacation in June.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Sure but he should finish his 2021 work before he goes on vacation. Since the Bengals use coaches as scouts to evaluate free agents and potential draftees, he should do his vacation in June.

Exactly how long does it take them to do the scouting they need to do? 

Archived