Is it possible that we are not as good as we think we are?

Yeah, I think from an "eye-test" we were noticeably worse than the Titans, Chiefs, and Rams. That was ALL offensive line, especially up the middle. The fact that we gutted out 2/3 wins is amazing. Imagine Joe working behind average instead of trash. In the playoffs, you're gonna have issues (heck, Munoz had issues with Bruce Smith in '88), but imagine an extra second for Burrow.

27 minutes ago, scrotos said:

Yeah, I think from an "eye-test" we were noticeably worse than the Titans, Chiefs, and Rams. That was ALL offensive line, especially up the middle. The fact that we gutted out 2/3 wins is amazing. Imagine Joe working behind average instead of trash. In the playoffs, you're gonna have issues (heck, Munoz had issues with Bruce Smith in '88), but imagine an extra second for Burrow.

Our line isn’t trash, part of it was.  We lost our right tackle who was having a decent year game 12.  Prince isn’t a quality starter.  Adeniji had no chance against an absolute first ballot Hall of Famer without help, nobody does.

The rest of the line played ok but it didn’t matter.  

Burrow couldn’t roll out much and he couldn’t step up into the pocket since Darnold was blowing it up. 

My guess is we resign Reiff to a one year deal and draft his replacement. Better move is to pick up a good tackle in FA and keep Reiff.  Any depth at tackle would be great. 

Our trash is the front 3. I think our tackles (given Rieff) are average, Even a Prince can be planned around, but the front 3 are suspect. Spain is seems good in the run game (observation, not PFF score), but those guys are on skates in the pass game most of the time. Hopkins might be better? if he doesn't have to help his comrades. Stunts DESTROY the middle of the line. We need some intelligent "Grabowski's" in the middle to pick up the stunts, A gap blitzes, etc.

Actually, the more I think about it; what the fook is Pollack thinking?  Stunts killed us all season. If I was an opposing coach, I'd run stunts all day. I mean a big part is technique (keeping low and balanced), but you also need to know what to do when a DL is looping around.

On 2/16/2022 at 1:54 PM, StripesNall said:

Let's be honest here...

We were the healthier team (they were missing multiple skill starters: OBJ, Woods, Higbee) we were basically playing on a neutral field (more Bengals' fans then Rams' fans), Stafford through 2-pics and we were gifted 7 points on the missed face mask call. We basically ended up getting beat by Stafford, Kupp & Aaron Donald. How do you explain this loss???!

exhibit 6,871,904 of the bengals having the worst fans in sports.

yes yes we caught ALL the breaks in this game, we werent missing 40% of our o-line, our TE didnt rush back to barely make it to even get on the field, Ramsey wasnt holding and grabbing like a rapist on several huge plays, bengals were just lucky to keep it close.

booooooooooooo

Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

Archived