Bengals rumored to want Orlando Brown Jr.

Orlando Brown Jr  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bengals make a run for Orlando Brown Jr.?

• Yes! Pay whatever it takes!
    • Not sure, he might be too expensive
    • Go for a cheaper option
    • Chiefs will never let him leave, so it doesn't matter

44 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

As a baseline, here are where 2021 Bengals linemen rank with PFF:

Jonah Williams 30th of 83 tackles, Reiff was 49th and Prince was 82nd.

Spain is 43rd of 82 guards, Carman was 67th, and Adeniji was 81st.

Hopkins was 35th of 39 centers.

So exactly 1 Bengals lineman was rated above the median with Spain and Reiff not too far below and Hopkins and Carman stinking it up. Think what we could do with 4 new players rated in the top third or so of their positions.

Alor to sort out with the oline this year..

Allmost staggering when you try and fit the right  parts into the right slots ..

i wouldnt chase or get into a bidding war for any of them .   

1) no other team but the rams made it to the super bowl.  

2) the rams are not going to be in any bidding wars with their cap hell

3) the entire league seen how far we can get with a horrible OL. 

4) we have Joe Burrow.

any OL of any kind  worth would love to play on this team. just make them a fair offer. 

you will have many  29-31 yr old quality  OL ready to take any reasonable offer to play in front of Burrow.

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Brown will hold out if tagged though (and the Bengals can trade for him). 

No reason why someone of his talent level and age should allow himself to be tagged on a 1 year 18 per deal and potentially blow his knee out, when he's due for his first 100+ million contract with over 50 guaranteed. 

7 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

No reason why someone of his talent level and age should allow himself to be tagged on a 1 year 18 per deal and potentially blow his knee out, when he's due for his first 100+ million contract with over 50 guaranteed. 

Question..

if the Bengals were to make a play for him what would they offer in trade and how much would they be willing to commit to sign him?

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Question..

if the Bengals were to make a play for him what would they offer in trade and how much would they be willing to commit to sign him?

I think if he says he will not play under the tag, the Chiefs will take a 1st and 4th round pick in a trade. The Bengals contract would likely have to be a 5 year 115 million deal (23 per year, with 60 guaranteed) - market value considering his talent (top 3 OT in the league) and age (25).  

i wouldnt offer them a 1st and then have to pay that contract.  they dont have the cap space to franchise him atm . they only have 11 mil counting the top 51. they will have to cut another 7 mil. iand they can sign noone till we take him off their books if he is franchised. 

if the bengals are going to have to pay 5 year 115 mil deal to sign brown , then no 1st,  a 2nd i would consider , but no to the 1st.   

simply put ... for 23 mil a year cap  i think we can sign 2 top OL . and keep our 1st.  

14 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Brown won't hold out into the season and probably not at all. He doesn't have to sign the tender but it's easy enough to structure a multi-year deal to kick the cap damage down the road.

Chiefs cut Anthony Hitchens yesterday to gain 8 mil in cap space.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:58 PM, sparky151 said:

So exactly 1 Bengals lineman was rated above the median with Spain and Reiff not too far below and Hopkins and Carman stinking it up. Think what we could do with 4 new players rated in the top third or so of their positions.

those are the most accurate rankings i feel i have ever seen in my life(minus hopkins). with 64 of each position starting, jonah is a best tackle level guy, but on the low end of the talent level, Reiff nfl caliber starter, middle of the pack for a 2nd tackle, i mean fucking nailed it.

Spain, a starting level guard, but on the low end.

carmen is such a good run blocker he almost makes the cut even tho he cant block a pass rush for shit yet. and adiniji coming back early thrown to the wolves shouldnt be starting anywhere, which that shows.

Hopkins is probably more of a 26th rank guy, but playing next to the weekly abortion we had at RG certainly hurt his rankings and made his like harder. he is a starting level C tho IMO, just not a high end one.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:50 PM, stryker57 said:

i wouldnt chase or get into a bidding war for any of them .   

1) no other team but the rams made it to the super bowl.  

2) the rams are not going to be in any bidding wars with their cap hell

3) the entire league seen how far we can get with a horrible OL. 

4) we have Joe Burrow.

any OL of any kind  worth would love to play on this team. just make them a fair offer. 

you will have many  29-31 yr old quality  OL ready to take any reasonable offer to play in front of Burrow.

bidding wars are something i dont think we need to worry about.

1. a year makes a difference, the year before only the buccs made it in the NFC, so not sure where this point is going.

2. same as above

3. and just everyone else, who is 1 player away, we are one injury away from not getting back, the nfl is brutal.

4. we sure fucking do... woooooo

19 hours ago, spicoli said:

good.

19 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Question..

such a tough one, you can only really make the call whether its worth losing the 31st pick when youre on the clock, if the S/CB/OL/DT?RB you had youre eye on are gone, all the sudden that pick is worth less to US, but that QB or DE or WR might be sitting there for some other team dying to grab. but if linderbaum or Sauce gardner is there at 31 wont be able to pick fast enough.

18 hours ago, stryker57 said:

i wouldnt offer them a 1st and then have to pay that contract.  they dont have the cap space to franchise him atm . they only have 11 mil counting the top 51. they will have to cut another 7 mil. iand they can sign noone till we take him off their books if he is franchised. 

if the bengals are going to have to pay 5 year 115 mil deal to sign brown , then no 1st,  a 2nd i would consider , but no to the 1st.   

simply put ... for 23 mil a year cap  i think we can sign 2 top OL . and keep our 1st.  

yea the capital of cash and picks is tough

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

carmen is such a good run blocker he almost makes the cut even tho he cant block a pass rush for shit yet. and adiniji coming back early thrown to the wolves shouldnt be starting anywhere, which that shows.

Makes the cut?  Sure.  Penciled in as starter?  Hell the fuck no. 

the Bengals should be looking for a starting RG in FA.  It may not be a long term signing, but maybe it will be.  Unless there is a slam dunk guy out there they should bring in someone who they can count on to not get destroyed every passing down.  Hopefully Carman will get his shit together and take over, but you can't count on that. 

Adeniji should be easily replaceable.  I've seen enough to allow him to try to be a stud somewhere else.  

45 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

the Bengals should be looking for a starting RG in FA.  It may not be a long term signing, but maybe it will be.  Unless there is a slam dunk guy out there they should bring in someone who they can count on to not get destroyed every passing down.  Hopefully Carman will get his shit together and take over, but you can't count on that. 

Adeniji should be easily replaceable.  I've seen enough to allow him to try to be a stud somewhere else.  

Im still inclined to sign a vet center and RT..

I named them  earlier.

Im worried about our 3tech position as well..its a must position in any dline.

Hill will get many offers at a high salary imo.

Ogunjobi is the rusher like Hill but weak run defender..

So do you make a minor splash with Hill or just re'sign Ogunjobi to a mid type deal .

Then what?

On 2/21/2022 at 6:58 PM, sparky151 said:

Jesus it was as bad as it looked.

I thought Williams was better but I guess the right side was so bad once Reiff went down he looked better than he actually was.  

It would be nice to have one stud guard just so we can convert 3rd and 1s on the ground. 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:44 PM, UncleEarl said:

similar to your cheap comments, i dont understand why people think circumstances make a guy trash. we had issues with all 4 RG's, the plan was for Sua'Filo to start, he got hurt, carmen, came in fat, and had moved from LT to RG, he wasnt ready, and Adiniji magically came back early from a brutal injury to even be tossed in for snaps. D'Ante Smith also exists, and was injured. So 4 Guards, 4 injuries or were new to league new to position & immature. 

you know there are 3 guards in the entire NFL who graded 80 or higher for pass blocking, right? and a total of 9 that are even 75+

Drafting linemen has a 34-45% success rate, even in high rounds, and less than 1/3rd the league rates as above average at the position. 

There are no free agent guards who overall are rated in the top 1/3rd of the league in guards for 2021 season.

they can look all they want. but what it seems everyone here is looking for doesnt exist.

paying $9-17mil a year for at best, the 13th best rated guard is the best case scenario for free agent guards.

it seems, at least to me, the comments people keep making, that there are like 8 top 10 linemen at each position out there and we just need to go sign them. 

for tackles there is like 1 tackle under 35, in the top 30 ranked tackles..... top 30!!!

theres plenty of guys to improve the roster, im not crazy, but people should be reasonably open to the reality that some of the best options for starters AND depth is already on the roster, and will just be improved youth or healthy players.

if we could just go buy a great line, id be all about it. but all 32 teams can improve their line.

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

similar to your cheap comments, i dont understand why people think circumstances make a guy trash. we had issues with all 4 RG's, the plan was for Sua'Filo to start, he got hurt, carmen, came in fat, and had moved from LT to RG, he wasnt ready, and Adiniji magically came back early from a brutal injury to even be tossed in for snaps. D'Ante Smith also exists, and was injured. So 4 Guards, 4 injuries or were new to league new to position & immature. 

you know there are 3 guards in the entire NFL who graded 80 or higher for pass blocking, right? and a total of 9 that are even 75+

Drafting linemen has a 34-45% success rate, even in high rounds, and less than 1/3rd the league rates as above average at the position. 

There are no free agent guards who overall are rated in the top 1/3rd of the league in guards for 2021 season.

they can look all they want. but what it seems everyone here is looking for doesnt exist.

paying $9-17mil a year for at best, the 13th best rated guard is the best case scenario for free agent guards.

it seems, at least to me, the comments people keep making, that there are like 8 top 10 linemen at each position out there and we just need to go sign them. 

for tackles there is like 1 tackle under 35, in the top 30 ranked tackles..... top 30!!!

theres plenty of guys to improve the roster, im not crazy, but people should be reasonably open to the reality that some of the best options for starters AND depth is already on the roster, and will just be improved youth or healthy players.

if we could just go buy a great line, id be all about it. but all 32 teams can improve their line.

true  but we can do better then what we had, i hope you are not suggesting we lay our season hopes on staying with what we had and somehow getting better?  we dont need the top OL payers at each position we do however need at least average. 

10 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Not true.  The plan was for Carman to be the game 1 starter and Hobson said it himself.  They knew Su'a Filo wasn't good and that's why they drafted Carman in the first place.  Injuries happen, but none of those guys you mention would have been any good at RG.  None.  They were set up to fail from day one.  

12 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Not sure what rankings you are looking at but PFF ranked 82 guards who played a certain number of snaps. The top third of that would be 27 players. Seven of them are free agents his offseason. They are:

Connor Williams - 11th

Laken Tomlinson and Brandon Scherff - tied at 13th

Alex Cappa - 18th

James Daniels - 19th

Mark Glowinski - 21st

Austin Corbett - 22nd

Spain was highest rated Bengal guard at 43rd so any of those above would be upgrades. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bates will be tagged by us. Adams will likely be tagged by Green Bay. If Rodgers doesn't return, Adams would be available in trade. Tagging Brown was a no-brainer for the Chefs. Saints can' afford to tag anyone so Armstead will be on the market. Supposedly the Browns may tag Njoku which would be dumb but not atypical. Chargers might tag Mike Williams. 

There won't be a lot of tags used this year. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Bates will be tagged by us. Adams will likely be tagged by Green Bay. If Rodgers doesn't return, Adams would be available in trade. Tagging Brown was a no-brainer for the Chefs. Saints can' afford to tag anyone so Armstead will be on the market. Supposedly the Browns may tag Njoku which would be dumb but not atypical. Chargers might tag Mike Williams. 

There won't be a lot of tags used this year. 

Rogers to Pittsburgh.  I can feel it in my bones.

All he has to do is pass the physical and rape a few underage coeds.

Archived