PFF - Fixing the Cincinnati Bengals ( Article )

25 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Only way I take Penning is if they sign a FA for him to apprentice under for a year or two.

I like Penning some..

Big and nasty mean..

Techniques of his position are raw now.

Hes at Duke Manyweather's camp now to improve those huge facets of his game..

At 31 I might pull the trigger on him

knowing he's not the ideal plug and play type in year 1..

Ideally would be to sign Reiff for 2yrs and slowly let Penning get more snaps as he progresses.

Thar said if Zion Williams is there I'd be more than tempted to add him..

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

30% chance a linemen works out at all in the first round, best likely to be available is from northern Iowa, and knocks on him mention being able to get up to speed quickly vs nfl competition.

scares me

1. Baker Mayfield 

3. Sam Darnold

7. Josh Allen

10. Josh Rosen

What are you worried about???

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals won't trade for Tunsil because of his 19 mil contract. They'll have to pay Jonah in a year or 2. I'm not opposed to trading for players but they are more likely to target someone who is moderately priced or has upside value.

Or they can go all in while Burrow is still on his rookie contract and the cap is expected to pop in the next few years.  Our window is open.  

45 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Your bolder than I on the cap with the contracts about to be due..

We have $50 mil in cap space, by far the best position of any of the top teams.  The Rams are $21 mil over the cap. The Packers are $51 mil over, Bills $5 mil over.   This is the year to pull the trigger on a quality lineman or two. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

We have $50 mil in cap space, by far the best position of any of the top teams.  The Rams are $21 mil over the cap. The Packers are $51 mil over, Bills $5 mil over.   This is the year to pull the trigger on a quality lineman or two. 

thats not counting cutting Waynes either, which saves 11mil, curious if theyd be interested in a Tunsil or similar if they could extend and frontload extra cash or something, we can blow big money on linemen or whatever for the next 2-3 seasons, once 5th years start hitting its extension time for guys and itll get feisty, the questions is do they want to blow the draft capital AND the money. if he were a free agent thats one thing, to spend the pick and the pay is tougher.

i still think getting a stable of upper mid tier guys is a more likely and honestly a better plan. as i mentioned in some other threads, we didnt get hosed for not doing anything, we got hosed for relying on health, if the entire right side of the line isnt in sweat pants we fare a lot better as well. we had zero depth, we need depth.

Seahawks won a SB when Russell was on his rookie deal.

Chiefs won their SB when Mahomes was on his rookie deal

Besides cheating NE won all their SB's because Brady left an estimated $80-100 million on the table over the years so they could sign key players.

Think how many times Joe got hit this season?  Who didn't cringe every time Joe got sacked?  Who doesn't think the Bengals wouldn't have the SB with a better Oline?

Dont fuck around worrying about 3-4 years from now.  The window is open for the next 2 years.  Resign the key players and fix the Oline and win a Super Bowl.

16 hours ago, SF2 said:

Or they can go all in while Burrow is still on his rookie contract and the cap is expected to pop in the next few years.  Our window is open.  

Agreed the window is open and team should go all-in.  But I don't think Tunsil does a lot for us. He's a bit better than Jonah but not as good as Armstead or Brown. The good thing about replacing some of our O-linemen is that upgrades aren't hard to find. We don't need to spend 19 million on 1 guy. 

Archived