next year's schedule

image.png

https://www.bengals.com/news/know-the-foe-bengals-opponents-offer-something-old-something-new-in-22

I was reading Hobson's latest this morning that covers next year's opponents.

We have a tough freakin schedule next year!

I'm sure the opponents were released earlier somewhere - but - looking at it today hit home.

The only, maybe, easy games are the Jets (who beat us last year) and the Panthers.

I know we crushed Pittsburgh twice last year but I'm conditioned to have concern when we play them - still.

Not that this team isn't better than all of them - just a big hill to climb next year.

2 minutes ago, HOF dan said:

https://www.bengals.com/news/know-the-foe-bengals-opponents-offer-something-old-something-new-in-22

I was reading Hobson's latest this morning that covers next year's opponents.

We have a tough freakin schedule next year!

I'm sure the opponents were released earlier somewhere - but - looking at it today hit home.

The only, maybe, easy games are the Jets (who beat us last year) and the Panthers.

I know we crushed Pittsburgh twice last year but I'm conditioned to have concern when we play them - still.

Not that this team isn't better than all of them - just a big hill to climb next year.

Yeah, tough schedule indeed.  Plus the fact that we will be the hunted instead of the hunter, i.e. teams not looking past us.  So used to being the underdog, this will be weird.

Really? I thought the schedule looked easier than this years.

Let's go through it, in my waaaaaayyyyyy to early we don't even know what our team will look like because we havent had an offseason yet prediction. 

Ravens 2xs - I know one of the times they were beat up but the other they weren't. We can win both, but split at worst.

Steelers 2xs - Unless they find a QB in the offseason, we win both

Browns 2xs - Joe is going to figure this team out, we spit at worst.

Bills - one of the top teams in the AFC, could go either way

Chiefs @PBS - could go either way, but they have never won @PBS 

Dolphins - makings of a trap game imho as they are better than their record, but we are a better team - W

Falcons - Not a good team, we win

Panthers - Another mess of a team, we win

Patriots - Playoff team, but I'm not sold on Mac Jones as anything more than an above average game manager. Win but could go the other way too.

Saints - Another mess of a team, going to be alot of turnover there because of their cap situation and a new coach - W

Jets - We won't fall into that trap again - W

Bucks - Who is their QB now? - W

Dallas - I think we are better, but that could go either way

Titans - Another that could go either way

So I have us at 9 wins at worse, but maybe even up to 13 and taking the playoffs through the Jungle.

Of course alot has to happen for 13 wins in the offseason and during the season, but I don't think it's out of the question.

Agree w/ Jamie - drawing the NFC South next year helps a ton. That division is down significantly, and now Brady retired to boot. And AFC east is not a bad common draw either.  Given we have to play first place teams otherwise out of division, at least the common opponents are not brutal. 

I like threads like this, the perceived difficulty tends to ebb and flow after FA, draft, schedule release, and preseason. Will be interesting to revisit this after each of these checkpoints.

At first glance I feel like this may actually be lighter than last year even with a 1st place schedule.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree...

The schedule isn't grueling..

I dont worry about schedules for the season..

Have no idea what teams may rise or fall till game 1..

there are some espn hot names on there, like cowboys and bills and KC again and titans were #1 seed, so i get why there some perceived tough games. but our division sucks, the steelers unless they pulled a great QB are in shambles, the browns are really good when playing perfect, which they do 5 times a year, and the ravens, lamar isnt scary, and it seems they have a hard time stopping joe and jamarr.

titans we would stomp if joe has time.

bills and KC will be tough games.

cowboys either beat us by 30 or lose to us by 40, who ever knows with that team.

aside from that.. just a buncha nfl teams like ever year.

4 minutes ago, Griever said:

I like threads like this, the perceived difficulty tends to ebb and flow after FA, draft, schedule release, and preseason. Will be interesting to revisit this after each of these checkpoints.

At first glance I feel like this may actually be lighter than last year even with a 1st place schedule.

agreed, also like the same scenario with draft threads, the sewell chase debate was great to look back on,  mcpherson pick thread, etc... 

so now there are:

32 MNF games in regular season

16 SNF

16 TNF and 2 extra on thanksgiving so 18

so 66 "primetime" games per season, thats an average of 2+ per team. and we have fun young exciting players on both sides of the ball, and just went to the superbowl. anything shy of 3-4 primetime games is a crock of shit. sadly this fucks with my travel plans depending when/where those end up happening

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

so now there are:

32 MNF games in regular season

16 SNF

16 TNF and 2 extra on thanksgiving so 18

so 66 "primetime" games per season, thats an average of 2+ per team. and we have fun young exciting players on both sides of the ball, and just went to the superbowl. anything shy of 3-4 primetime games is a crock of shit. sadly this fucks with my travel plans depending when/where those end up happening

Bills Chiefs Rams Cowboys 

Packers (if Aaron stays ) NE and the Chargers would be fans choice for must see games..

The amount of primetime games for the Bengals would be predicated on if they play any of those opponents listed above..

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Bills Chiefs Rams Cowboys 

Packers (if Aaron stays ) NE and the Chargers would be fans choice for must see games..

The amount of primetime games for the Bengals would be predicated on if they play any of those opponents listed above..

HOME

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills

Carolina Panthers

Cleveland Browns

Kansas City Chiefs

Miami Dolphins

Pittsburgh Steelers

AWAY

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

New England Patriots

New Orleans Saints

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Steelers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

16 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

HOME

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Buffalo Bills

Carolina Panthers

Cleveland Browns

Kansas City Chiefs

Miami Dolphins

Pittsburgh Stealers

AWAY

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

New England Patriots

New Orleans Saints

New York Jets

Pittsburgh Stealers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

Home..

Buffalo and KC..

Away..

Dallas and NE..

All of those are rating boosters ..

Fans will be very intriqued by the potential explosive matchup..

Win win for all..

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Home..

Buffalo and KC..

Away..

Dallas and NE..

All of those are rating boosters ..

Fans will be very intriqued by the potential explosive matchup..

Win win for all..

i dunno if they want to put the bengals destroying mac jones on primetime, tbh. they love that guy, theyll want to make him look good. and he sucks.

i agree on the others fur sure, but i talked myself out of the pats one, lol.

if KC game isnt primetime i will be absolutely shocked.

2 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i dunno if they want to put the bengals destroying mac jones on primetime, tbh. they love that guy, theyll want to make him look good. and he sucks.

i agree on the others fur sure, but i talked myself out of the pats one, lol.

if KC game isnt primetime i will be absolutely shocked.

I see them all as priimetime

matchups..

Aside from being a diehard Bengal fan you'd love to watch those matchups.

Epitomy of intrigue..

Those are must see matchups..

For ratings and fan interest..

Archived