Building the 2022 Bengals

If they come out of FA w/ 3 legit upgrades on the o-line that will have exceeded my expectations (2 was my baseline - my hope was 3 - my dream was 4). Depth on the line would be so much better too as the back-ups all got experience last year and can keep developing.

Fingers crossed on Collins today. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

If they come out of FA w/ 3 legit upgrades on the o-line that will have exceeded my expectations (2 was my baseline - my hope was 3 - my dream was 4). Depth on the line would be so much better too as the back-ups all got experience last year and can keep developing.

Fingers crossed on Collins today. 

Me too man, gotta strike while the iron is hot. We made it to the GD Super Bowl, let's get back there and finish the job.

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

It turns out Hayden Hurst wasn’t the last notable addition to the tight end room for the Cincinnati Bengals before the draft.

Tuesday, the team announced the signing of Nick Eubanks, a former undrafted free agent out of Michigan who split time between three teams last season.

A 6’4″ target with interesting versatility as a downfield threat, Eubanks was projected as a near-undrafted free agent before his draft due to his need for developmental time.

He’ll get that in Cincinnati, where he’ll compete with names like Thaddeus Moss for a roster spot. Notably, someone like Mitchell Wilcox still isn’t back, so there’s a roster spot or two worth battling over.

Eubanks’ addition won’t stop the Bengals from drafting a tight end as a long-term option, too, but it’s noteworthy news in the otherwise down period of April.

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Apparently both Wilcox and Johnston are back. Both welcome additions and EFAs but I never saw the announcement. 

16. Wilcox

17. Johnston

We have 28 spots available and 8 draft picks.....

Coach Simmons has two good gunners in Thomas and Morgan..

Clay Johnston and Nick Eubanks could fill the core needs of the unit.. 

Johnston had a huge tackle in the playoffs saving a potential first and goal if I remember it right..

36 minutes ago, membengal said:

not sure where else to put this...but...I remain intrigued by Hubert - hope he can make it to the camps healthy:

So this is obviously him working on the muscles to help the QBs get back to their feet after the sack.  😎

🦗

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Same. Was it a torn pec that sidelined him? Seems like ages ago. 

Yes, torn pec. I was lowkey hoping he could push for a spot a year ago, I still have some hopes for him. If Ossai can get back and Hubert is a thing, that will help a ton. 

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

Yes, torn pec. I was lowkey hoping he could push for a spot a year ago, I still have some hopes for him. If Ossai can get back and Hubert is a thing, that will help a ton. 

Ossai should be fully prepared as a 2nd yr rookie so to speak..

Playbook down.berfing up..knows the speed in the NFL..

This kid may blossom into something special...

30 minutes ago, membengal said:

right there with ya.

He just seemed like one of those guys that could be a late round gem.

what a gift that would be if he comes back and shines.

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Flowers played outside corner mostly. I would bet he is the last veteran there. Might be nice to add a guy who can play both slot and outside. 

I thought he was mostly tasked with and did a good job covering TEs. I don't think he was outside on WRs much at all. 

16 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Not sure. Numbers say in the regular season he wasn't in the slot much. Postseason was far more split

I think the TEs he drew to cover line up way more outside than in-line. That probably explains it.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

I thought he was mostly tasked with and did a good job covering TEs. I don't think he was outside on WRs much at all. 

That may be his role along with covering some tall redzone receivers..

He has issues with smaller quicker players..

Archived