37 inside 20 with

"15 touchbacks and 17 fair catches"

Jordan Stout..

46.0 ave

67punts..

35 inside the 20 

3 touchbacks...30 fair catches.

Ariza has a power leg but

Placement and overkicks his return team too much..

Stout less powerful but great hangtime and placements..

Id be good with either but Stout seems

to have the edge in placement in the red zone.. 

Good comparisons. 

I get the "paint the corner" type, however I wonder how may times that will be needed in reality. And I am not meaning just the Bengals. 

This is--and has been for a while now--a "50-yard" league. If teams are inside the 50, they are more likely to go for it on 4th down, or try a long FG. For the times they punt--yes a Stout would be the ticket. 

Where the field position game is won or lost, is where teams are sitting on their own 40 and back. There you must have a guy who can drill a 50+yarder (and keep it in the air). 

For the Bengals, they will have more use for a punter with a cannon, for the infrequent times they stall on their own 30, etc. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Good comparisons. 

I get the "paint the corner" type, however I wonder how may times that will be needed in reality. And I am not meaning just the Bengals. 

This is--and has been for a while now--a "50-yard" league. If teams are inside the 50, they are more likely to go for it on 4th down, or try a long FG. For the times they punt--yes a Stout would be the ticket. 

Where the field position game is won or lost, is where teams are sitting on their own 40 and back. There you must have a guy who can drill a 50+yarder (and keep it in the air). 

For the Bengals, they will have more use for a punter with a cannon, for the infrequent times they stall on their own 30, etc. 

Good points..

17 hours ago, Griever said:

Speaking of all this draft stuff, i look forward to all those graphics and stats and stuff you post when we actually draft our guys. Idk where you get em all but I hope you continue to do so 👍

Don't worry. I got you covered😎

Plus I am sure there will be a few draft prayer vigils for 350 pounders. 😉

I don't think much of this is real, but I'd take it.

image.png.429a9fc49956ff368386cf9982d3473f.png

31. Linderbaum -  I have concerns about his size, but after listening to Goodberry rave about him and watching some highlights to was the concerns out of my mind, I'd be ok with this pick.  I like the idea of this pick more that the player himself.  I think he'll be fine, but it scares me to have a smaller center against teams like the Browns and Titans.

63. Travis Jones -  I wouldn't HATE getting him in the 1st, so if he's here I'd jump on it.  A bit of a luxury pick as he's more of a nose than a 3T, but I think he offers some pass rush ability and he will definitely push the pocket at the minimum.  I think he's DJ Reader Lite when it comes to stopping the run...there's a pretty good chance he becomes better than Reader vs. the run.  He's as strong as an ox

95.  Jeremy Ruckert - They say at minimum it takes TEs at least a year to develop.  Sit him behind Hurst and Sample and let him learn.  He should be better than Sample by mid-year I would hope and he could start getting some playing time.  This is more a pick for the future vs. help this year

136. Cam Jurgens - this is another luxury pick.  I think he's a 3rd rounder and right there on par with Linderbaum.  While we don't need 2 centers with Karas on the squad, he'd offer some developmental depth at guard and center.  He can move, so he fits in with the zone blocking philosophy.  If we don't get Linderbaum, I'd love to draft Jurgens in the 3rd (or 4th)

174. Juanyeh Thomas - He's got the tools to replace Trey Flowers and be a guy that can hang with TEs.  He looks like he's running in mud to me, but he seems to keep up for the most part.  More of an in the box safety to me

209. Tre Turner (WR) - It was hard finding any video of him that I like, but he's got the build to be an outside reciever.  It's not like VA Tech had a good QB, but Turner still made enough plays.  This might be early for him, but he's got some tools.  Maybe he could take over for Higgins if we had to let him go...things would have to work out perfectly for that to happen

226. Kyler McMichael (CB) - At this point I'm just looking for positions and traits.  I had never heard of this dude, but he has some tools.  Probably a special teamer

252. Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa (Edge) - position of need from a big school -- I'll take a chance and see if he can develop 

On 4/4/2022 at 2:20 AM, BlackJesus said:

Don't worry. I got you covered😎

Plus I am sure there will be a few draft prayer vigils for 350 pounders. 😉

Only the ones that can do backflips or jump out of a pool.  :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this your first real (big man doing crazy jumps) crush?  

On 4/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, BBR said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this your first real (big man doing crazy jumps) crush?  

My very first big man crush on this board in early 2004, before it was even Go-Bengals, was Vince Wilfork (but we got Chris Perry after trading down #pain).

But a year or two later, I think you are referencing a 360 lb DT that a scout said could do an actual backflip, and I instantly fell in love. 

My latest Mock, where the Bengals tap into that Bulldogs defensive magic ...

zzzzz-777

Cine is the best run stuffing S in the class (seen him described as a heat-seeking missile) and Walker his teammate is also a dominant run stuffer, then we get a TE I think the Bengals like, Sauce's sidekick, and a lunch bucket DT that is country strong.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived