BENGALS AGREE TO TERMS WITH COLLINS ---- SIGNING NOW OFFICIAL

4 minutes ago, membengal said:

Holy crap. We won a scrum

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
#Patriots made a competitive offer for La’el Collins and the Panthers were in the thick of it, too, I’m told. But he’s headed to Cincinnati, per 
@AdamSchefter
. Bengals had inside track and held onto it.

Burrow Effect baby!

1 minute ago, membengal said:

Geoff Hobson
@GeoffHobsonCin
·
Unfortunately, The Bengals will have to trade away Joe Burrow and Ja'marr Chase in order to sign any rookies from the draft this year to compensate for the Collins signing. 

:ninja:

1 hour ago, Griever said:

Idk if this is the one you were thinking of but I just posted it in the free agency thread

Combined all olne from last year to now..

Last year starters combined for a 61.2 grade...

Our new oline is 75.7..

Show me any OL in the NFL thats upgraded their unit over 14 points..

There isnt any...

they outbid the Pats for Karras who opted to leave, we now learn that the Pats were competitive for Collins and he chose Cincinnati, and we know that Brady called Cappa and asked him to stay and Cappa chose Cincinnati.

Let's be clear...not in a million bajillion years could I have imagined that being the case, even a year ago.

53 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

OK…the front 5 is a known entity now. 

Who are the backups? If anything, we know they will be playing at some point somewhere along the line. 

If it isn’t the guys they drafted, then why friggin draft?9

2 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

If it isn’t the guys they drafted, then why friggin draft?9

Right?

People are weird. All the guys who got us to the Super Bowl that are now back-ups have a chance to develop properly and learn and be ready if needed. It's an ideal situation. 

• membengal changed the title to BENGALS AGREE TO TERMS WITH COLLINS ---- SIGNING NOW OFFICIAL
4 minutes ago, membengal said:

All the guys who got us to the Super Bowl that are now back-ups 

The Bengals reached the Super Bowl DESPITE their offensive line, not because of it.

Burrow's Superman skills could get them there again with that line, but his human knee might not have. Hence, a complete revamp. 

10 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Bengals reached the Super Bowl DESPITE their offensive line, not because of it.

Burrow's Superman skills could get them there again with that line, but his human knee might not have. Hence, a complete revamp. 

I get it. My point was we do not need to replace the guys who are now back-ups, they are good depth and can develop behind the new signees. And have big game experience. 

9 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

fuck Carson Palmer.... the cunt 

I am morbidly curious what Quitter has to say now...and people say the Bengals are cheap and second rate....fuck them all...🖕😁🐅  We got Collins, they dont. Pure and simple. Also got Karas anf Gruppa, and I know the draft is goona practically be BPA the entire time.  Beautiful day!!!!

@ Ben Baby

More from Collins' video statement: "I just believe there’s good fits and there’s perfect fits. And I just felt like this was a perfect fit from the jump, honestly, just because of my history, obviously, with coach Frank."

Archived