BENGALS AGREE TO TERMS WITH COLLINS ---- SIGNING NOW OFFICIAL

47 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

The Bengals reached the Super Bowl DESPITE their offensive line, not because of it.

Burrow's Superman skills could get them there again with that line, but his human knee might not have. Hence, a complete revamp. 

Word...

1 hour ago, kennethmw said:

If it isn’t the guys they drafted, then why friggin draft?9

You misconstrued the question…not surprising.

A simple question of: Who/Where? You know, sort of asking a thought-provoking where do the other pieces go type of question? Not the quality of the other pieces—or where they were acquired—just where is the best fit? 

A little clearer now? 

oh man is he gonna fit into this locker-room and the culture ZT has built (and a reminder why Dunlap did NOT fit in among others...) 

From Hobson's piece on the signing:

Pollack knows Collins is special. Who else would tell him he missed his famously grueling practices? From his days in Dallas, when Cowboys running back Ezekial Elliott won an NFL rushing title, Pollack can still see that play against Seattle, when Collins rode not one, but two Seahawks down the field. And of them was perennial Pro Bowl linebacker Bobby Wagner.

"He's the real deal. His play demeanor, he's a tempo-setter, he's a glass-eater through and through," Pollack said. "He's physical. He finishes. He punches. He's heavy-handed in pass protection. He's relentless in the run game. He's an impressive guy. It's great to coach him again."

And, that's right, Collins can't wait for another Pollack practice.

"I missed it," Collins said. "I missed the grind. I missed the work. By the time we got to the game, the games were easy."

Archived