NFL Team Improvement

As of 3/21, here's how PFF has estimated each team has improved.

image.png.5a3391ead8f0d19629c9df792cf0fd66.png

The AFC is going to be a bloodbath. For seven playoff spots there are legitimately 10 teams competing:

AFCE:

Bills

Pats

AFCN:

Bengals

Browns

Ravens

AFCW:

Chargers

Broncos

Chiefs

Raiders

AFCS:

Someone has to win and take up a playoff spot, probably TEN Edit: maybe the Colts if the Matt Ryan deal is real 

Then there's Miami who is good enough to win games and sneak in

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 12:45 PM, WRAPradio said:

The AFC is going to be a bloodbath. For seven playoff spots there are legitimately 10 teams competing:

If I was predicting the playoff teams and seeding right now for next year (remembering that division champs automatically get 1-4), I would say ... 

1. Bengals 

2. Bills

3. Chargers

4. Titans

5. Broncos

6. Chiefs

7. Raiders

I think the AFC West takes all of the wildcard spots and that the AFC South and East are terrible except for Buffalo and Tennessee. I think the Squeelers and Ravens fall apart and that Rub&Tug keeps Cleveland right in the middle at 9-8 before losing the last playoff spot in week 18 to Vegas.

As for the Colts - Matt Ryan is washed up, as for the Dolphins - if they had a QB other than Tua, they would be in the playoffs. Jacksonville I think will continue to flounder as Sunshine (Trevor) doesn't have the right personality and grit to be an NFL leader of grown men.  And I think Mac Jones has a year 2 regression now that other teams have more tape on him. 

I love what we have done and think we are certainly one of the best teams in the AFC. If we can stay healthy I like our chances but Jesus is the AFC loaded.  

I actually think Ryan will be good at Indy. Last season his number #1 receiver walked away due to mental issues.  Imagine Burrow without Chase. 

Totally agree Tua isn’t the guy.  Baker would actually be better there. 

Mac Jones?  I dunno. Just seems Meh to me. More Bledsoe than Brady. 

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

If I was predicting the playoff teams and seeding right now for next year (remembering that division champs automatically get 1-4), I would say ... 

1. Bengals 

2. Bills

3. Chargers

4. Titans

5. Broncos

6. Chiefs

7. Raiders

I think the AFC West takes all of the wildcard spots and that the AFC South and East are terrible except for Buffalo and the Tennessee. I think the Squeelers and Ravens fall apart and that Rub&Tug keeps Cleveland right in the middle at 9-8 before losing the last playoff spot in week 18 to Vegas.

As for the Colts - Matt Ryan is washed up, as for the Dolphins - if they had a QB other than Tua, they would be in the playoffs. Jacksonville I think will continue to flounder as Sunshine (Trevor) doesn't have the right personality and grit to be an NFL leader of grown men.  And I think Mac Jones has a year 2 regression now that other teams have more tape on him. 

I am with you on this, but I would take the Raiders out of it. Carr is an a-hole, and when he's upset he will play like poo just to be a dick. 

I am thinking (thanks for doing the colors, I stole them :D )

1. Bengals - or Bills

2. Bills - or Bengals

I think both teams will be flirting with having 1 or 2 loss seasons, and maybe even flirting with an undefeated record up to about 8 or 9 games.

3. Chiefs

4. Titans

Look for these two teams to come down to the last week in regards to who actually wins the divisions.. Chiefs or Chargers and Titans or Colts. Titans division will be the worst in the AFC with the best team being 9-8 or 10-7. Chiefs, and Chargers will win at least 10-11 games, and one might even miss the playoffs! 

5. Chargers

6. Ravens - or Dolphins - or Browns

7. Browns - or Dolphins - or Ravens

In the end I think Chargers will make it, and there will be three spots for two teams in the last weekend of play. I hope the Dolphins make it since that's my brother's team.. 

Funny side story. In 2nd grade my brother (name is Joey or Joe) used to write Dan down on all of his homework, and in school work. His 2nd grade teacher had no idea why he did this. It was because my brother idolized Dan Marino, even at 7 years of age. 

16 hours ago, westside bengal said:

will Joe think the Bengals Front Office did everything they could to make the Bengals better?

Burrow is a de-facto GM at this point, and likely has more input on the management of the roster than any other player in the NFL.

The Bengals lack of a formal GM and small front office actually gives him a quicker direct line to the top. 

On 4/4/2022 at 2:12 AM, BlackJesus said:

Burrow is a de-facto GM at this point, and likely has more input on the management of the roster than any other player in the NFL.

The Bengals lack of a formal GM and small front office actually gives him a quicker direct line to the top. 

I believe that....good insight..

JB may eventually be their GM before attaining a part ownership in the team if he chose to down the road..

On 4/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, claptonrocks said:

I believe that....good insight..

JB may eventually be their GM before attaining a part ownership in the team if he chose to down the road..

Question: I wonder if that is something he could negotiate as part of a future contract? Instead of taking a huge pay day, take part ownership of the team instead. That could save money for other signings, maybe, but I don’t know how you would structure that with the salary cap.

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

Question: I wonder if that is something he could negotiate as part of a future contract? Instead of taking a huge pay day, take part ownership of the team instead. That could save money for other signings, maybe, but I don’t know how you would structure that with the salary cap.

Great question..

Im not familiar with the bylaws of the NFL to answer that.

You know someone on the board will though.😎

Archived