I Remember...

I’ve been a Bengals fan for a VERY long time, as most of us have.  Even with the recent success and as bright as the future looks, I haven’t been able to allow myself to fully embrace that we’re really a good team; it’s like I keep waiting for the dream to end.  I’m really trying to “let go of the demons” so I just wanted to list some things that I remember in hopes that they hold me back from being excited about this team going forward.  Maybe I can even laugh at some of them.

I remember…

• How upset I was that we drafted Levi Jones over Philip Buchannan (even though that turned out to be a better pick)
  • Superbowl XXIII (and now LVI)
  • David Klingler
  • Drafting Akili Smith instead of getting all of the Saints’ draft picks
  • Our version of “The Fumble”
  • Carson being Kimo’ed
  • The ML era playoff 0-7 mark
  • Brandon Stokley catching a tipped ball and steaking up the sidelines in the last seconds
  • The preseason injuries to highly drafted RBs in Detroit
  • Tyler Eifert
  • The 90s
  • Spittin’ Dick (LeBeau)
  • We-Dey
  • Anyone that’s ever referred to my team as the “Bengals”

I know there are more, but I’m hoping that in some weird way this will let me really enjoy the success going forward!  Who Dey!

I still can't believe it. I wasn't even all that upset after the SB because I think I was still in shock watching Mike F'n Brown accepting the AFC Championship trophy with that trench coat & ball cap on, which is exactly how I envisioned him doing it lol. 

Last year I was just hoping and praying we'd  finally win a playoff game. This year I'll be disappointed with anything less than a championship. I know that's wildly premature, and pro football is a wildly unpredictable sport year to year, but this hope is based on two things. Firstly, and obviously, my heart is with the Bengals. I deeply enjoy watching this team succeed. Secondly, I think on paper we're the team to beat. We had a glaring deficiency that caused us to come up just short last year, and the front office dealt with it immediately. That is DIFFERENT.  The unstoppable force that is Burrow and Chase is winning out over the unmovable object that was the front office's ineptitude. It's truly remarkable for us long time fans. The three new o linemen and our new tight end are all solid pickups and they're talking like they've all bought in already. Hope they grab anybody else they can and have a good draft. I'd like to see this team start crushing other teams like the early to mid 90s Cowboys. Why not? This fanbase deserves it. 

31 minutes ago, A Rock said:

Last year I was just hoping and praying we'd  finally win a playoff game. This year I'll be disappointed with anything less than a championship. I know that's wildly premature, and pro football is a wildly unpredictable sport year to year, but this hope is based on two things. Firstly, and obviously, my heart is with the Bengals. I deeply enjoy watching this team succeed. Secondly, I think on paper we're the team to beat. We had a glaring deficiency that caused us to come up just short last year, and the front office dealt with it immediately. That is DIFFERENT.  The unstoppable force that is Burrow and Chase is winning out over the unmovable object that was the front office's ineptitude. It's truly remarkable for us long time fans. The three new o linemen and our new tight end are all solid pickups and they're talking like they've all bought in already. Hope they grab anybody else they can and have a good draft. I'd like to see this team start crushing other teams like the early to mid 90s Cowboys. Why not? This fanbase deserves it. 

Crushing some teams this year..

Yes.

Shittsburgh comes to mind..

I think JB wants to crush the inbred

fans belief that theyre a superior team..

3 hours ago, Duluoz said:

I remember Gary Reasons tweaking the cap of Dave Shula on Monday Night Football...I think something was wrong with that team's culture.

That may rank as the total disrespect for a Bengal HC ever.

Truth was it was validated........ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, WRAPradio said:

I’m really trying to “let go of the demons” so I just wanted to list some things that I remember in hopes that they hold me back from being excited about this team going forward.

I remember...

• Anyone that’s ever referred to my team as the “Bengals”

Yeah... That one burns, eh?

????

19 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Yeah... That one burns, eh?

????

I think the b-word we don't speak of here may be auto-corrected on this board...much like that shitty team in Shittsburgh is corrected to "steal"

Archived