Republicans

MichaelWeston

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Can anyone explain why all these wackadoo MAGA Qult politicians that insist a Democratic deep state stole the election are bothering to run for election?

if you read the comments section of KPRC (click2houston), George Soros is giving direct orders to Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo - I assume also every other Democrat judge / politician in the country... where does he find the time? Also, don't read the comments section at Click2Houston.

2 hours ago, Cat said:

if you read the comments section of KPRC (click2houston), George Soros is giving direct orders to Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo - I assume also every other Democrat judge / politician in the country... where does he find the time? Also, don't read the comments section at Click2Houston.

Saw some article the other day about HPD using intimidation tactics in council meetings, packing the room with on-duty cops & secret work freezes in wards where the rep voted against whatever it is they want (more money).

We're living in a Disinformation Age where people just believe whatever kook shit appeals to them because there's a Wackadoo.Com website somewhere out there full of people who believe the same kook shit.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Why are these kooks going after General Milley from the JCS?  Is he a Trump appointee refusing to do whatever he's told?

That is correct. He was the one who came out from the beginning and said the military would follow the laws and roles they are supposed to, squashing his plans to use them as police for seizing voting machines and shit. Something like that.

5 hours ago, Cat said:

That is correct. He was the one who came out from the beginning and said the military would follow the laws and roles they are supposed to, squashing his plans to use them as police for seizing voting machines and shit. Something like that.

Figures.. 

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

How anyone see this stuff and still votes republican so long as the maga folks are still running that party......

I never used to vote a straight Dem ticket by default & still may check a couple of independents but I can't vote for a Republican candidate until the party unequivocally rejects the MAGA/Qonspiracy lunatics, theocrats and white supremacists. 

Unfortunately, right now they'd never win another election without them.

What bothers me more are the people that claim not to support that shit then try to rationalize it.  THAT I don't understand.

Also the racially-motivated El Paso massacre that didn't even move the needle on domestic terrorism.  Guess it's going to take another incident like the OKC bombing for Americans to take that shit seriously.  No doubt in my mind it's coming.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I never used to vote a straight Dem ticket by default & still may check a couple of independents but I can't vote for a Republican candidate until the party unequivocally rejects the MAGA/Qonspiracy lunatics, theocrats and white supremacists. 

What bothers me more are the people that claim not to support that shit then try to rationalize it.  THAT I don't understand.

Also the racially-motivated El Paso massacre that didn't even move the needle on domestic terrorism.  Guess it's going to take another incident like the OKC bombing for Americans to take that shit seriously.  No doubt in my mind it's coming.

That part I totally get and have a real problem with it. The only thing they care about is their policy goals, it doesnt matter who is in charge or how they get them. They will sell their soul for them.

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

That part I totally get and have a real problem with it. The only thing they care about is their policy goals, it doesnt matter who is in charge or how they get them. They will sell their soul for them.

Politics are a grift & policy self-serving. I don't expect much.  Whoever's not a violent, pissed off rabble of batshit & stupid?  

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Agreed. In Ohio it’s even worse because the Republicans have a stranglehold on the state and unfortunately, for the next two years and possibly beyond, it will continue because the state is so gerrymandered. The current legislative map is only good until the next election because it wasn’t agreed upon by the commission (comprised of 5 Republicans and 2 Democrats) and was rejected as unconstitutional numerous times by the Ohio Supreme Court but upheld in Federal Court (with 2 Trump appointees on it). But if Republicans continue to control the state (and they probably will), then the same thing is going to happen for 2024. Lather, rinse, repeat. 🤬😞

Anyone else closely watching the race against Bobo in Colorado?  

Legalized shrooms, reintroducing wolves, and 50/50 split vs a relatively normal politician and a woman with suspicions about where the sun goes every night.

Always found Denver kids kinda weird when I lived in the Southwest..  Guess they grew up and went full moonbat? IDK,

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Anyone else closely watching the race against Bobo in Colorado?  

Legalized shrooms, reintroducing wolves, and 50/50 split vs a relatively normal politician and a woman with suspicions about where the sun goes every night.

Always found Denver kids kinda weird when I lived in the Southwest..  Guess they grew up and went full moonbat? IDK,

What's wild is that district is pretty deeply red and she is barely hanging on to a lead.

Should tell Republicans that the Trump types are a losing bet, hell look how many lost overall. There was no red wave and that's largely their own fault.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

What's wild is that district is pretty deeply red and she is barely hanging on to a lead.

Should tell Republicans that the Trump types are a losing bet, hell look how many lost overall. There was no red wave and that's largely their own fault.

Watching them turn on each other is satisfying, I admit.  I read Ann Coulter of all people went in on Trump.  

The horrible behavior, the grift, the foreign espionage, the attempted coup, blackmailing Ukraine, the 2 impeachments - all that was fine.  Losing? That they won't stand for...

Shows exactly where the party's values truly are, to the extent they have any values at all.  Wrap themselves in a flag and wave a bible while shitting on both by their actions.

What I don't want to see is them acting like they didn't support him right up until it no longer benefitted them.  

Hope he runs as an independent against DeSantis and blows the whole thing up for them.  Probably the closest thing we're ever going to get to justice where he's concerned.

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Watching them turn on each other is satisfying, I admit.  I read Ann Coulter of all people went in on Trump.  

The horrible behavior, the grift, the foreign espionage, the attempted coup, blackmailing Ukraine, the 2 impeachments - all that was fine.  Losing? That they won't stand for...

Shows exactly where the party's values truly are, to the extent they have any values at all.  Wrap themselves in a flag and wave a bible while shitting on both by their actions.

What I don't want to see is them acting like they didn't support him right up until it no longer benefitted them.  

Hope he runs as an independent against DeSantis and blows the whole thing up for them.  Probably the closest thing we're ever going to get to justice where he's concerned.

Watching Lindsey Graham talk about how all the Democrats wanted was power a few years ago was such a projection on his part it was embarrasing.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Watching Lindsey Graham talk about how all the Democrats wanted was power a few years ago was such a projection on his part it was embarrasing.

It's always projection from the far right.   Every accusation is a confession - the pedo rings, all of it.

They accuse the Dems of whatever it is they're planning or afraid might be discovered, then claim "everyone does it".   Muh both sides...

I truly hope we're seeing a return to sanity from the Republican party..  I don't expect (or even want) something I'm going to agree with, just something I can respect.  

We were talking about Reagan and for his many faults, I don't question his commitment.  I think he truly believed in what he was doing - it wasn't self-serving, or a grift, or being paid off or compromised.  I'm sure he had his ulterior motives at times but he took the job seriously and tried to do what he thought was best for the country, racist and classist as that plan may have been.  It wasn't a joke or a scam to him.  I think he caused a lot of damage but he wasn't a total embarrassment to the office itself.

I can't confidently say that about Bush II, Clinton or obviously Trump.