Practice Bubble

With Katie saying they’re actively looking at building a practice bubble, where would that money come from?  Is that something the county would vote on, or come straight from the Brown’s pockets?  Maybe if they get a sponsor for a new stadium, it could be included with that?

It may have many moving parts. If the county or city involved owns the land, the Bengals would have to lease it. 

Serious doubts of any public tax referendum will be used—either in land acquisition or building the structure. Really…for a project as small as this would be, there would be no need. There may be bond requirements for use of public land, but those are weeds past my pay grade. 

Best bet, is that it will be funded by the Bengals (or perhaps a consortium for multi users), built privately, and the governments on the outside…other than permits. 

55 minutes ago, BengalsOwn said:

I bet it ends up being a part of the next stadium build.

I hope we can find someone to sponsor some of the cost.  With our bright future, maybe someone like P&G or Kroger would step up and make an offer.

Just now, Mikeslumina said:

Bubble bengals who dey . Burrow changed everything hope he starts motivational speeches for us recovering long time bengals fans.

I think ZT had quite a bit to do with it as well. 
Young man deserves some credit. 

I realize I am probably in the minority, but I have never believed a practice bubble was needed.

If the games are played outside, then a team should practice outside. The Bengals won playoff games this January in Cincinnati, Nashville, and Kansas City. Now, were they a little better prepared because they had practiced outside all winter in the cold? Perhaps. Maybe it gave them that slight little edge, which is all the difference it takes to win a playoff game.

Then again I actually wish the NFL got rid of all domes and indoor stadiums. I would mandate that NFL football must take place in the elements. To me it's like playing golf indoors, and against the spirit of how the game is supposed to be played. 

5 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I realize I am probably in the minority, but I have never believed a practice bubble was needed.

If the games are played outside, then a team should practice outside. The Bengals won playoff games this January in Cincinnati, Nashville, and Kansas City. Now, were they a little better prepared because they had practiced outside all winter in the cold? Perhaps. Maybe it gave them that slight little edge, which is all the difference it takes to win a playoff game.

Then again I actually wish the NFL got rid of all domes and indoor stadiums. I would mandate that NFL football must take place in the elements. To me it's like playing golf indoors, and against the spirit of how the game is supposed to be played. 

I respect that, but in the end its all about the money; i dont think these generations will not stand conditions like the Ice Bowl or the Freezer Bowl.  Most will sit their asses home watching live on their 4K HDTVs in tbe heat. Hence no butts in seats.

I just really want this to come with a new stadium deal.  If the Brown's allow sponsorship we could have one of those new, shiny state-of-the-art stadiums.  Looking at teams like the 9ers, Rams/Chargers and Raiders...I'd love to have a stadium like that here.  Just build the bubble alongside that!  Now where it would be build is another question. 

Good stuff.  I wonder if they'll still practice outdoor weeks they're not playing in a dome or in warm weather.  Could be an advantage practicing in the same weather you're supposed to play in.  Either way, it's good to have both options!

7 hours ago, membengal said:

Their foot is on the gas - they want a temporary solution up for this fall/winter and are moving forward on the permits for it with the city:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/04/08/bengals-seek-ok-interim-indoor-training-on-ohio-riverfront/9511879002/

Doesnt it come down to which section/zone whatever is located?

One comes with county funds the other the team pays it all..

This is business..

Interesting read. I get sense from reading article and temporary use the bengals will ask for bubble in next stadium deal possibly. Should be interesting to see what happens. If I were cincy I pave entire downtown make reds move to blue ash use  mock stadium of Crosley. There are probably enough seats 500 or so . Sucks what baseball done to reds. No parity at all

There are two reasons I think this is important:

1. Yes, there are some benefits to practicing in the elements. However, there are some days where if there's lightning or whatever, practice just ends up getting canceled. They probably only practice 50-to-100 times a year. So if you have 2 or 3 of them canceled, you might be missing out on almost 5% of your annual practices just due to lacking the facilities that every other team has.

2. There are so many office buildings and bridges that overlook the practice fields where an opposing scout could post up and video the practices. There have to be some times where they work on trick plays, special 2-point conversions, or stuff that is schemed up specifically for that week's opponent. The NFL is such a huge, cut throat business that I have no doubt some other teams are trying to snoop around to see if there is any practice stuff they can see to try to give them even a small edge that week. Security becomes much less of an issue if you're indoors.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:38 PM, WRAPradio said:

Good stuff.  I wonder if they'll still practice outdoor weeks they're not playing in a dome or in warm weather.  Could be an advantage practicing in the same weather you're supposed to play in.  Either way, it's good to have both options!

Nailed it..

Archived