Practice Bubble

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2022 at 2:47 PM, WRAPradio said:

With Katie saying they’re actively looking at building a practice bubble, where would that money come from?  Is that something the county would vote on, or come straight from the Brown’s pockets?  Maybe if they get a sponsor for a new stadium, it could be included with that?

Bengals are already looking for new stadium? I live in Norcal and never been to Cincinnati so I am not privy to the local information. 

7 hours ago, Gary said:

Bengals are already looking for new stadium? I live in Norcal and never been to Cincinnati so I am not privy to the local information. 

There was a brief kerfuffle in the spring between the Bengals and the county about maintenance and upgrade costs. The county was claiming they had no money (they own both PBS and Great American Ball Park) for what the Bengals were seeking and what PBS needs for maintenance. 

There was the usual disinformation about “new stadium” blah blah, but everything disappeared pretty quick. Not certain of any new Bengals/County agreements, but because there has been no noise about it for a while, it’s either resolved or has been tabled. 

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

IIRC the bubble itself is temporary right? As I understand it they are going to build an actual facility??

Correct they have plans to build a permanent indoor facility.  And they've already been in negotiations on extending the stadium lease which expires in 2026.

On 12/21/2022 at 12:23 AM, Gary said:

I don’t think so, I was just spitballing.  However, I’d love to get a new stadium.  I haven’t looked up Paycor’s financials or anything, but I always envisioned getting something done with PG to have one of these modern stadiums.  Maybe the Joe Burrow effect will make it happen.  

Archived