What pick would piss you off?

There is no pick that would bother me because the Bengals have proved over and over and over and over and over again with all of their decisions for the last 2-1/2 years that they know what they are doing.  If a pick is there that I question, I am going to have to assume that I don't have the information I need to understand their reasons for making the pick, and I'll let it go.

There is no getting mad anymore at their decisions for me.

"Damn, it feels good to be a Bengal!"

Linderbaum or a D-lineman.  I'd be fine with Johnson or Green to finish the O-line. CB is our biggest need, we should take 2 this year. RB, QB, or LB won't happen in round 1. I could live with a WR though I wouldn't prefer it. Any TE in round 1 would be a reach.

IMO we can get by without drafting any O-linemen if we re-sign Spain. We can get by without drafting any D-linemen if we re-sign Ogunjobi. I'd rather take Curtis Brooks or Haskell Garrett  in round 5 though. We need an early CB plus a second on day 3. We need a safety soonish. We need a TE and WR too. 

Things that would piss me off tonight ... so likely to happen

- The Bengals passing on Linderbaum if he's there

(I actually think he might go to the Ravens or Cowboys though)

- Treylon Burks going #30 to Chiefs

(so close for the Bengals to get the best WR in the class in my view)

- The Bengals trading out of #31 for less than 2 second rounders

(I would love the Seahawks #40 & 41 - but they would likely want the Bengals pick #63 to do that).

The Ravens drafting Jordan Davis, as I think he will be a beast to block. 

- The Steelers drafting Desmond Ridder, as I think he will be good

(and they don't deserve Bearcat royalty who Zac Taylor discovered in High School)

As for my yearly "puke player" who I would hate the Bengals taking, I am not sure there is one. But I guess if I had to choose I would say Devonte Wyatt.

Also I am not that high on Elam when compared to Booth, so according to my typical luck, he's very likely to be a Bengal. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Things that would piss me off tonight ... so likely to happen

- The Bengals trading out of #31 for less than 2 second rounders

(I would love the Seahawks #40 & 41 - but they would likely want the Bengals pick #63 to do that).

It won’t be for two seconds.  

But when you see the players that the team gets with our first five picks, you’ll be more than okay with it.  

🦗

NFL Draft Rumors: Bengals Showing Serious Interest in Colorado State Tight End Trey McBride

Will Cincinnati add another playmaker in round one?

CINCINNATI — Could the Bengals take a skill player with the 31st overall pick? 

Colorado State tight end Trey McBride is getting some first round buzz ahead of Thursday's NFL Draft. He's reportedly a top player on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' board. 

The Cincinnati Bengals have also shown a ton of interest in McBride and met with him during the pre-draft process

Peter King had the Bengals taking him in his final mock draft. 

The 22-year-old finished with 90 receptions for 1,121 yards and one touchdown last season. 

McBride was a big part of Colorado State's offense and Cincinnati has met with most of the top tight ends in this class, but if he went off the board in the first round it would be one of the big surprises of the draft. 

This exact topic was brought up a few weeks back on the Locked on Bengals podcast ... 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/nfl-draft-rumors-bengals-considering-trey-mcbride-first-round

19 hours ago, Gary said:

That Colorado State TE would piss me off. So he caught some passes for a terrible team. Big deal. He was probably playing against their bottom rung players since the scores were always lopsided. 

Great point about about his totals..

Im not big on him either..

On 4/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, claptonrocks said:

Devonte Wyatt...

Anyone who has multiple charges of domestic violence is a red flag..

Regardless if he's the best 3tech i think he's a bad fit here

Uh, Did you forget Mixon? 

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

No U didnt..

Mixon was drafted by Mike and Marvin.

I see ZT having higher standards both on and off the field..

True.  Forgot about that but, was just really saying or should have said, if he can turn it around, then I am sure others can.  I guess we shall see how Wyatt does. 

3 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

True.  Forgot about that but, was just really saying or should have said, if he can turn it around, then I am sure others can.  I guess we shall see how Wyatt does. 

Hopefully he changes some bad habits and becomes a good man.

Archived