Allegations against Carmen being brought up on draft day.

I agree with everyone on here stating he should be innocent until proven guilty, and certainly not tried in social media before court. That's ridiculous. But ridiculous is the world we currently live in. Someone on a ladder to the top of that world needs to be INTELLIGENT. This was a very dumb move for many reasons, not the least of which is having his reputation torpedoed. Now we have to wonder if the totality of the accusations are true. Add in he hasn't played particularly smart, had to be told it's important to show up to camp in shape, and I'd understand if Bengal brass wanted to part ways. That sucks cause I DON'T know exactly what he did, and I think he could develop into a much better player.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

There is nothing--present day--to suggest he is not a good kid (key word: KID). He'll grow up in a hurry this offseason, and with Pollack on his backside, he will either shit or get off the pot.   

I have no reason to believe he is not a good person.  He has made quite a few stupid decisions.  Some that come with serious baggage.  He needs to grow up immediately because he really isn't due any more chances from the Bengals.

On 5/1/2022 at 6:25 AM, UncleEarl said:

It’s a bad look all around. 

I don’t know if what she said is true or not, but when you are in college you should know better than to have sex with high school girls.  I knew that in the 80s.  To me that makes Carman a moron at best. In line with his struggles to understand his duties as an offensive lineman.  

It’s a bad look for the Bengals because it appears they didn’t do their homework. The information was out there.  

they were told at his pro day, everyone was.

2 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I would think the bengals knew nothing of this or they would not have drafted him since Zac Taylor took over they have drafted nothing but high character players 

Carmens representative told everyone.

18 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I have no reason to believe he is not a good person.  He has made quite a few stupid decisions.  Some that come with serious baggage.  He needs to grow up immediately because he really isn't due any more chances from the Bengals.

he needs to grow up now based on things that happened years ago? or did i miss somethong else? or talking about the out of shape showing up last year?

2 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I would think the bengals knew nothing of this or they would not have drafted him since Zac Taylor took over they have drafted nothing but high character players 

Immediately after he said that he hired Jim Turner, known for encouraging a former player to threaten to rape & kill another guy's sister.

Zac Taylor is going to draft whoever he thinks will win him football games, just like every other pro sports franchise.  No coach is going to get up there and say "Us? Yeah y'know, we're looking for convicted felons, people on sex offender lists, just the real scumbags".  Of course they all say they want high character guys but at the end of the day none of these teams really give a shit unless the media does first.

I understand the trepidation from Folks on here, but I do want to Interject a few things.  1st, he was a college student, but had he not gone down early, he would have still been in High School at the time it occurred.  2nd, the young lady said she was 15 and had told him that before they hung out, But.......  I know I've talked to women and have age not be what they first said.  And 3rd, had she just listened to her mom, she would have not been in that predicament to start with.  Her Statement said her mom told her not to go to his apartment, but she did it anyway.  Not in anyway saying she deserved it, but I do know a lot of guys that dated a girl a few years Younger when I was in HS, and it wasn't frowned upon.  In fact, one of my friends who dated a sophomore as a Senior, just celebrated his 35th wedding Anniversary.  He doesn't appear to be a Brock Turner.

An 18 year old college freshman is going to have a difficult time finding girls to date in college because the coed freshman girls all are into older men and upperclassman.

Hey, let's not forget Flounder took his high school sweetheart to the dance at Faber College where Knowledge is Good

and Larry Kroger screwed a 14 year old supermarket cashier and left her on her parents' lawn in a shopping cart.

See?

image.png.36bb71233832b8e88083a8a0c6555472.png

6 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I understand the trepidation from Folks on here, but I do want to Interject a few things.  1st, he was a college student, but had he not gone down early, he would have still been in High School at the time it occurred.  2nd, the young lady said she was 15 and had told him that before they hung out, But.......  I know I've talked to women and have age not be what they first said.  And 3rd, had she just listened to her mom, she would have not been in that predicament to start with.  Her Statement said her mom told her not to go to his apartment, but she did it anyway.  Not in anyway saying she deserved it, but I do know a lot of guys that dated a girl a few years Younger when I was in HS, and it wasn't frowned upon.  In fact, one of my friends who dated a sophomore as a Senior, just celebrated his 35th wedding Anniversary.  He doesn't appear to be a Brock Turner.

Blaming her for going to his room?  Really?  15.  Not a junior or senior.  15.  Once you are in college it’s different.  He, and everyone else should know that.   Really bad decision.  Especially for an athlete who probably had some education from the program to be careful and stay out of trouble.  

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

they were told at his pro day, everyone was.

Carmens representative told everyone.

he needs to grow up now based on things that happened years ago? or did i miss somethong else? or talking about the out of shape showing up last year?

My “grow up” comment was in response to another poster, but yes, showing up out of shape was part of my thoughts.  Time for this guy to put up.  

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

My “grow up” comment was in response to another poster, but yes, showing up out of shape was part of my thoughts.  Time for this guy to put up.  

that one i can agree on, i guess we may know pretty soon since offseason stuff is kicking off if he showed up ready to roll or not.

8 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Had it been one year earlier, he would be a senior high school and she a freshman.

It's not the age difference that bothers me.

It's what she described happened 

I give up.  Someone mentioned it earlier.

I don't know what happened.

Is there a link?

BTW is "The Hunting Ground" still on Netflix?  That was a real eye opener and stomach turner for me.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I give up.  Someone mentioned it earlier.

I don't know what happened.

Is there a link?

BTW is "The Hunting Ground" still on Netflix?  That was a real eye opener and stomach turner for me.

Link is at the top of the thread.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The timing of this makes me question its legitimacy.

I mean, when would be a better time?  You have the NFL Draft going on and the Bengals staff and the all the journalists covering the NFL in the same spot.  There is no better time to get your story heard. 

15 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The timing of this makes me question its legitimacy.

True, very true.  I, too, smell a money grab.

However, when you are an 18 year old male, and a hella big one at that,

you damn well should have the common sense to keep your dick out

of 15 year old girls.

On 5/2/2022 at 10:42 PM, UncleEarl said:

Blaming her for going to his room?  Really?  15.  Not a junior or senior.  15.  Once you are in college it’s different.  He, and everyone else should know that.   Really bad decision.  Especially for an athlete who probably had some education from the program to be careful and stay out of trouble.  

I knew someone would take one thing I said and try to run with it.  Should have expected it to be you.

Shit, I drive by a middle school every morning on my way to work and some of these girls look like college students.  And GO’s analysis is spot on, if it was consensual then no laws were broken. In Ohio age of consent is 16 with a 3 year rule and 13 year minimum. 

Ex. 1:  A 50 year old can legally have sex with a 16 year old as long as he isn’t a coach, teacher or person of authority like their doctor or camp counselor.

Ex. 2: 18 year old can legally have sex with a 15 year old, a 19 year old can’t. (3 year rule)

Age 12 and lower is totally off limits. A 13 year old boy having sex with a 12 year old girl has committed a 1st degree felony, 3 year rule does not apply.  

Every state has different rules.  In California, age of consent is 18 and anyone under 18 can not legally have sex with anyone.  So an 18 and 17 year old boyfriend and girlfriend can’t legally have sex there.  

My lawyer friend taught our high school sons this stuff before they went on Spring Break in Florida. 15 and under is totally off limits in Florida. 

Archived