Jump to content

Allegations against Carmen being brought up on draft day.


Recommended Posts

I was wondering about that. There's a congressman from Florida accused of having sex with a 17 year old and I couldn't believe it's illegal for 17 year olds to have sex in Florida. It's surprising if California is still 18. You'd think every pregnant teenager would be a statutory rape case, meaning a DNA test would establish the crime even if the girl doesn't want to press charges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I knew someone would take one thing I said and try to run with it.  Should have expected it to be you.

 

I read your whole post.  That part is a bad take.  Period.  Not sure how I ran with anything. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why their ages seems to dominate so much of the discussion here, as that really isn't the legal issue of concern. The allegation by her is "rape" as in unconcensual sex, not age-derived statutory rape or some other looser definition of the term.

 

The details of the alleged incident are spelled out. I will paste them below and others can decide if this meets the definition for rape. However, I would note that afterwards Carman texted her with "I'm sorry about today", adding "I feel like I pushed you" - showing that even he perceived something was not right about the incident ...

 

IMG_20220505_122706.jpgIMG_20220505_122725.jpgIMG_20220505_122738.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is hard to respond to this sensitive subject, but as BJ and some have mentioned, it is not the age difference. The only thing is if he did not stop when she said no. I was going to respond yesterday because I figured if his attorney allowed him to admit having sex with her, there were no laws broken. But looked at the statutory rape law in South Carolina and saw that under 18 was statutory rape. The 3 year rule I didn`t see, makes a lot of sense, and guess no law was broken. Here in California I don`t think the 3 year rule applies but could be wrong, but you see it all the time. 18-20 year olds with 15-17 year olds is not an uncommon thing.

 

I don`t see anything in text messages that proves he raped her. I`m not buying the whole thing just by the article info and the timing, but that doesn`t mean it didn`t happen. Unfortunately for her, if true and any victim of rape is proving it was not consensual. And if you wait any amount of time it makes proving it a lot harder. Don`t think anything will come out of this now besides trying to shine a bad light on Carmen and the Bengals, as it is a he said she said can`t prove it case.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think it's a horrible decision as a college student to date and have sex with 15 year olds, but I agree that it was not illegal, just very bad judgement on his part.

 

The rape allegations are much worse and I wasn't aware of his text messages.  Kind of makes you wonder how much proof you need to charge someone with a crime?  Pretty damning information.  I'm sure being a Clemson football player didn't hurt his cause with the police/DA. 

 

The bottom line is there always seem to be clouds around this guy.  That camel's back is getting mighty heavy. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I still think it's a horrible decision as a college student to date and have sex with 15 year olds, but I agree that it was not illegal, just very bad judgement on his part.

 

The rape allegations are much worse and I wasn't aware of his text messages.  Kind of makes you wonder how much proof you need to charge someone with a crime?  Pretty damning information.  I'm sure being a Clemson football player didn't hurt his cause with the police/DA. 

 

The bottom line is there always seem to be clouds around this guy.  That camel's back is getting mighty heavy. 

What clouds? He came in to camp a fat fuck and immature. Hopefully he shows up and grows up this year. The rape allegations are just that, allegations. What in the text do you think proves anything? Yes you need proof to charge someone, not allegations. There is no proof or he would have been charged. I`m sure waiting 2 years didn`t help her case with the police/DA either. 

Fat fuck may be a little excessive but I don`t like the guy, just to come in out of shape equals lazy, selfish and immature to me, so don`t like defending him but seems there is no proof that he raped her. If there was it would think it would have happened already.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’ll have every opportunity to improve and learn from cappa. Karras and Collins as well as Jonah and he has a good coach in pollack he will also be pushed for his job which is a good thing he obviously has some talent or he wouldn’t have been clemsons LT we will see how bad he wants the job

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

He’ll have every opportunity to improve and learn from cappa. Karras and Collins as well as Jonah and he has a good coach in pollack he will also be pushed for his job which is a good thing he obviously has some talent or he wouldn’t have been clemsons LT we will see how bad he wants the job

 

I don`t doubt that and have high hopes for him. He is bigger than the Big Dog Collins, but he has to grow up and put the work in.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I was wondering about that. There's a congressman from Florida accused of having sex with a 17 year old and I couldn't believe it's illegal for 17 year olds to have sex in Florida. It's surprising if California is still 18. You'd think every pregnant teenager would be a statutory rape case, meaning a DNA test would establish the crime even if the girl doesn't want to press charges. 

This is a good read about how absurd some of these laws are.  In Ohio, this guy would not have been incarcerated based on the 3 year rule. In Georgia he was given a 10 year mandatory sentence (since overturned). 
 

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-may-04-na-dixon4-story.html

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

He’ll have every opportunity to improve and learn from cappa. Karras and Collins as well as Jonah and he has a good coach in pollack he will also be pushed for his job which is a good thing he obviously has some talent or he wouldn’t have been clemsons LT we will see how bad he wants the job

 

If he shows up over his weight limit Pollack wants him at..

If he hasn't dived into the playbook 

If he practices like he's a pudding eater

Then his ass will sit

 

He's had a full year to be a starter.

Time to showout..

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

If he shows up over his weight limit Pollack wants him at..

If he hasn't dived into the playbook 

If he practices like he's a pudding eater

Then his ass will sit

 

He's had a full year to be a starter.

Time to showout..

 

 

 

From all accounts it sounds like he's doing the things he didn't do as far as being ready last year, this year. 

 

Now all we can do is hope his work shows up on game day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2022 at 5:09 PM, CalifBengalfan said:

What clouds? He came in to camp a fat fuck and immature. Hopefully he shows up and grows up this year. The rape allegations are just that, allegations. What in the text do you think proves anything? Yes you need proof to charge someone, not allegations. There is no proof or he would have been charged. I`m sure waiting 2 years didn`t help her case with the police/DA either. 

Fat fuck may be a little excessive but I don`t like the guy, just to come in out of shape equals lazy, selfish and immature to me, so don`t like defending him but seems there is no proof that he raped her. If there was it would think it would have happened already.  

 

I never said there was proof.  Pretty strong circumstantial evidence though.  You don't need proof to charge someone.  You need enough evidence to go to a grand jury.  If you needed proof to go to trial the prosecution would never lose. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...