*** RD 1 BENGALS DRAFT - DAXTON HILL (S) ***

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I would like to see Jesse Bates re-signed but I don't think that is going to happen.

So look at it this way... we drafted his younger, better/as good (hopefully) replacement

AND get an extra 3rd/4th round comp pick in the draft next year when Jesse signs

elsewhere.

…the comp pick would be for the 2024 draft.  

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I have no idea....Dehner thinks no....I think it just makes too much sense. He loves it here, he is a huge team leader and the team loves him

wonder why paul thinks so.

the feeling coming from the bengals seemed like the offer is out there and it aint changing. curious.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:00 PM, BlackJesus said:

6d0b487f-4755-4767-b7a9-8eb75411a753-CG_

Charlie Goldsmith

Cincinnati Enquirer

[snip]

During the Bengals’ 2021 run to the Super Bowl, Bengals safety Vonn Bell nicknamed Anarumo the “mad scientist.” In the playoffs, Anarumo changed between five defensive line fronts, three safety packages and other new formations that the Bengals hadn’t used all season.

[/snip]

Read (or re-read) this excerpt from Charlie Goldsmith ^^^

1) I hope Lou Anarumo has ZERO aspirations of becoming a head coach.

2) I hope the Bengals pay him enough that he wants to stay here as DC for a loooooong time.

3) Kudos to the 2021 Cincinnati Bengals defensive players.  With that many new and different formations, packages, and schemes, there are tons of opportunities for “oops” plays with a defender being noticeably uncertain and/or making the wrong move…often resulting in a wide-open receiver.  We had a few, but not many.

I love defensive drafts and drafting offensive linemen for depth. . Core of good team. I hope bates plays this year on tag he might just choose to sit out. There were some franchise guys that got hurt playing on one year deals. I hope we sign bates long term but from all these safeties being chosen in draft could be his last year with bengals 

7 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

I love defensive drafts and drafting offensive linemen for depth. . Core of good team. I hope bates plays this year on tag he might just choose to sit out. There were some franchise guys that got hurt playing on one year deals. I hope we sign bates long term but from all these safeties being chosen in draft could be his last year with bengals 

Sitting out is a risk too.  Bates could be the next Todd Bell. 

I love this pick.  DB depth is essential.  These guys get hurt, and the old 2 corners and 2 safeties stuff is pretty much over.  With all the different types of receivers in the game you need to have a backfield that can adjust to what the opponent is throwing at you.  Awesome pick. 

Throw in the Bates uncertainty and it makes the pick even better.  I love Jesse Bates, but I’m with the Bengals on not paying top dollar.  They are going to have more important players to pay in a year or two.  The sad truth is you can’t have a top paid player at every position.  If Bates feels the need to leave to get that top pay I will thank him for what he did for the Bengals and root for him to have personal success on his next team. 

23 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I love this pick.  DB depth is essential.  These guys get hurt, and the old 2 corners and 2 safeties stuff is pretty much over.  With all the different types of receivers in the game you need to have a backfield that can adjust to what the opponent is throwing at you.  Awesome pick. 

Throw in the Bates uncertainty and it makes the pick even better.  I love Jesse Bates, but I’m with the Bengals on not paying top dollar.  They are going to have more important players to pay in a year or two.  The sad truth is you can’t have a top paid player at every position.  If Bates feels the need to leave to get that top pay I will thank him for what he did for the Bengals and root for him to have personal success on his next team. 

The knee-jerk is to label Bates (and his agent for that matter) “greedy bastards”. The truth of the matter, is that business is business. And, unless his agent is used to not making a living by being intransigent, there is likelihood that a deal gets done. There is a number both sides have—low and high—where negotiations travel. This is the time period where each have set their respective high-end demands…which are likely actually low-end. Lots of room for movement. It’s the nature of the beast. 

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

The idea foe this season is Bates Bell with Hill in tbe rotation..

Thats very hopeful no?

I think in the sets where we play 3 safties or in dime packages where he can be the 4th CB that's very likely to happen

On 5/1/2022 at 1:28 AM, claptonrocks said:

Jeff Ruby has made a small fortune just on Bengals business alone.

The publicity alone is remarkable.

Never had the pleasure of eating there but it must be the place to eat for the wealthy.

Ruby sells $100 gift cards for 20% off or $80 between Thanksgiving and New Years.  A close friend and associate buys several then to use throughout the year on special occasions, say, after Bengal games,  etc.

Forget Friday and Saturday nights unless you book months in advance.  Ditto for The Precinct after Bengals games because I suspect they hold a number of tables back as house seats for visiting dignitaries... ie players making last minute decisions to go.

Had a Jonah Williams (and family) and Ja'Marr Chase and associate (father maybe?) at Morton's right after the Chargers game.  This was Ja'marr's most wretched game as a Bengals, head down and we did not say a thing.  Probably for the best, what could one say?

Had a Bengal cheerleader sighting at Ruby's downtown after a game with her date.  What a cutie. Still had all that make up from the game on.  We exchanges "Who Deys" as we left.

Ruby's new downtown restaurant is under construction at 5th and Vine, directly across from Fountain Square and also Morton's and McCormick's and Schmick's.  Hope its open this season and we can get in there at least once.

I have parked at the 580 Walnut garage for years.  Don't mind the walk and a lot less traffic, cheaper, too.  So hitting one of those places after a game is right on the way to son and my cars.    I don't like to travel and think of it as my vacation only it is on 8 or so Sundays a year.  Zero traffic on the way home when we leave.

Archived