Bengals pick up the fifth-year option on LT Jonah Williams.

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

My guess is they will extend Jonah next year. Finding a replacement would be hard and likely expensive, and he was the team's best O-linemen last season. 

I think this happens as well. We will be drafting at the bottom of the draft again most likely next year, or at worst in the middle of it. Which you aren't likely to find a blue chip left tackle that late, that can start right away.

4 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Was thinking the same thing. Makes me wonder if they had a OT in mind at the spot?

Would they really have let a decent LT walk at the last minute for a late 1st round rookie? Maybe there was a trade being floated that involved draft picks for a vet LT?

Odd timing for sure.

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Would they really have let a decent LT walk at the last minute for a late 1st round rookie? Maybe there was a trade being floated that involved draft picks for a vet LT?

Odd timing for sure.

yea some pretty unlikely scenarios would have had to of played out, wonder if there was a tackle theyd have taken and then considered moving joanh inside to LG and maybe not wanting to pay $12mil for a LG if so.  i dunno, but drafting where they were i doubt they were too convinced his replacement was gonna be there

26 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Not that anyone asked me, but I am very OK with this.

Wow!...interesting...I assumed Pumpkin ran everything past you.  I guess it was that dreamy look in her eyes that made me assume that...I've been wrong before...and will be again of course.

Just now, esjbh2 said:

Wow!...interesting...I assumed Pumpkin ran everything past you.  I guess it was that dreamy look in her eyes that made me assume that...I've been wrong before...and will be again of course.

Wrong?  No, not this time.  We discussed it over dinner at The Precinct. 

Excellent explanation about 5th year options.  I didn’t understand how it was calculated until I read this:  Now I know why pro bowl appearances are so important for young guys. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-a-guide-to-fifth-year-option-decisions-for-2019-first-round-picks/amp/

On 4/29/2022 at 3:31 PM, Jamie_B said:

I think this happens as well. We will be drafting at the bottom of the draft again most likely next year, or at worst in the middle of it. Which you aren't likely to find a blue chip left tackle that late, that can start right away.

I think the intentions were to franchise  Jonah at some time before a multi year deal..

Archived