*** RD 2 BENGALS DRAFT - CAM TAYLOR-BRITT (CB) ***

Let's hope he's a good pro. But let's not act like he wasn't a reach. Most of the arguments for him are based on his good workouts. That's great and all but Zion McCollum and Tariq Woolen had even better workouts and went in the early 5th round. They didn't face the level of competition that Taylor-Britt did but he also wasn't especially good vs top WRs. Garrett Wilson missed the OSU game vs Nebraska so JSN merely set the school single game record for catches. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Let's hope he's a good pro. But let's not act like he wasn't a reach. Most of the arguments for him are based on his good workouts. That's great and all but Zion McCollum and Tariq Woolen had even better workouts and went in the early 5th round. They didn't face the level of competition that Taylor-Britt did but he also wasn't especially good vs top WRs. Garrett Wilson missed the OSU game vs Nebraska so JSN merely set the school single game record for catches. 

Copied and pasted my remark from your other negative post cause this one deserves the same response.

Did Duke Tobin ask you if you did all the work? Cause he says they do. Just got that off the Lapham broadcast lol. Between your opinion and the Bengals, I am going to stick with the Bengals judgement on who they pick where, cause well, they did all the work. They have done a pretty good job with talent in free agency and most of the drafts picks. It is the talking heads/medias job to make stories out of everything and their opinion is just that, an opinion. So if you are just going off of what opinions you see on the internet everyone will have an opinion, just depends which one you want to hear.

It's really not worth getting too upset about.  He simply didn't like the picks, or the trades to move up and get certain guys.  He would have been happier if they had done something like this instead:  

1 CB Roger McCreary
2 S Bryan Cook
3 TE Jeremy Ruckert
4 OG Darian Kinard
5 S Quentin Lake
6 DT Curtis Brooks
7 DE Jeffrey Gunter
7 WR Justyn Ross

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

JSN will be the first receiver taken in next year's draft.

Bank it..

He overshadowed even Wilson and Olave who had great seasons..

I doubt it was all on Britt ..

You said it yourself..the others didn't face the competition he did.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:29 PM, BlackJesus said:

THE CALL FROM ZAC

I foresee Cam being a Zac favorite. He's a Nebraska guy like him - after the call scouts tell Zac "got your Husker" and he has the same first last name as Zac. When you compare this call to the others Zac has had, I sense a little extra something in his voice and smile. That is why they traded up to ensure they got him, as he was likely way higher than the next guy on their board after him. 

21 hours ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Copied and pasted my remark from your other negative post cause this one deserves the same response.

Did Duke Tobin ask you if you did all the work? Cause he says they do. Just got that off the Lapham broadcast lol. Between your opinion and the Bengals, I am going to stick with the Bengals judgement on who they pick where, cause well, they did all the work. They have done a pretty good job with talent in free agency and most of the drafts picks. It is the talking heads/medias job to make stories out of everything and their opinion is just that, an opinion. So if you are just going off of what opinions you see on the internet everyone will have an opinion, just depends which one you want to hear.

Yes, everyone has an opinion. What Arif Hasan's consensus big board does is average them out. It has rankings from about 80 independent sources. Like any other rankings it will have hits and misses. But overall it has a pretty good record of predicting future NFL success, better than the median NFL team. CTB was ranked at 86 because that was the average of the people who liked his prospects and those who didn't. Given that Duke Tobin has drafted John Ross and Billy Price in the first round, he might do well to follow the consensus board. 

17 hours ago, membengal said:

Britt wasn’t on him that day. He was on Olave.

So Nebraska let JSN torch them for 240 yards without putting their presumably best CB on him? 

For what it's worth, CTB had 3 tackles and a pass defensed. Olave had 7 catches including a touchdown. 

8 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, everyone has an opinion. What Arif Hasan's consensus big board does is average them out. It has rankings from about 80 independent sources. Like any other rankings it will have hits and misses. But overall it has a pretty good record of predicting future NFL success, better than the median NFL team. CTB was ranked at 86 because that was the average of the people who liked his prospects and those who didn't. Given that Duke Tobin has drafted John Ross and Billy Price in the first round, he might do well to follow the consensus board. 

Price and Ross werent drafted by ZT and company .

That was on Marvin and Mike calling the shots..

You can pound your fist all you want but this is the New Era Bengals and it seems to be working

quite nicely..

Your constant disapproval of this draft is self made..

42 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

So good picks get credited to Tobin but bad picks are Mike Brown's fault? Is that what you're saying? 

You twist things to either have your way or just like to shit on this draft..

What GM has a spotless draft?

We'te damn lucky to have a this staff 

making the picks instead of your ouija board guy Husan..

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Unless those 80 sources include actual big board values from each of the NFL's 32 teams, then I couldn't care less about Arif's list.  The supposed "NFL Media" and "Draft Pundits" seem to consistently promote lazy and recirculated opinions which are no more accurate than the average fan's opinion.  Where was Tom Brady drafted again?  Where was he on Arif's list?

I'll give you my opinion on this years draft in 2-3 years.  :)

80 pundits are not equal. Not all boards are equal. Of the boards from the folks that are more trusted in this process (and I quoted two earlier - PFF and Brugler w/ the Athletic) - CTB went EXACTLY at value. The chances of CTB being there at end of third were less than zero. 

3 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Unless those 80 sources include actual big board values from each of the NFL's 32 teams, then I couldn't care less about Arif's list.  The supposed "NFL Media" and "Draft Pundits" seem to consistently promote lazy and recirculated opinions which are no more accurate than the average fan's opinion.  Where was Tom Brady drafted again?  Where was he on Arif's list?

I'll give you my opinion on this years draft in 2-3 years.  :)

Agree

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Given that Duke Tobin has drafted John Ross and Billy Price in the first round, he might do well to follow the consensus board. 

Holy shit you’re a jackass. You’re basically butthurt because they didn’t take the guys that YOU had in mind and now you’re not gonna shut up about it. Lucky us. 

NFL teams spend millions of dollars each year on evaluating players who will be in the draft. Then do worse on average than a basically free and public list. If the argument is that we should trust the Bengals' process, we should see better than average results. That would mean few first round busts, a better than 50% rate on day two picks and half or so of the day 3 picks eventually contributing, even if they don't become starters. The consequences for poor drafting are now less since the Bengals participate in free agency now. But the drafting record isn't that impressive for Tobin. He didn't screw up the Burrow pick. Great, but he screwed up the Burrow protection picks. 

The free and public lists had Taylor-Britt projected in the mid-late second round. If those are the standard, then it wasn't a reach. Period. If NFL boards are the standard, then 1) we have no clue about non-Bengals boards, and 2) we know the Bengals had him high enough to trade up two spots.

Archived