** ROUNDS 4 – 7 DISCUSSION ** (2022 NFL DRAFT)

3 minutes ago, Griever said:

Again, versatility. A theme this draft

Versatility is great, but don’t pass on drafting a 7.5-rated player at a single position in order to take a 6.0-player that can play two positions.  😡

11 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Who were the 7.5 players?

I just threw out some rating numbers.  My point was to not pick versatility just for the sake of versatility.

There were plenty of players on the board with evaluations better than “might become a backup in the league.” We’re not talking 6th- and 7th-rounders here.

Yeah, Volson is a wasted pick. Maybe they think he'll pass through waivers to the practice squad but in that case they should have waited to take him. Do they cut Adeniji just to give this year's 4th rounder a roster spot? 

They should have taken Ruckert in the 3rd instead of Carter then another CB or WR in round 4, coming back for Brooks or Garrett in round 5. 

24 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I just threw out some rating numbers.  My point was to not pick versatility just for the sake of versatility.

There were plenty of players on the board with evaluations better than “might become a backup in the league.” We’re not talking 6th- and 7th-rounders here.

We wont know anything about anyone of these guys foe awhile..

I trust Tobin and the rest to draft players They like not what i like..

14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, Volson is a wasted pick. Maybe they think he'll pass through waivers to the practice squad but in that case they should have waited to take him. Do they cut Adeniji just to give this year's 4th rounder a roster spot? 

They should have taken Ruckert in the 3rd instead of Carter then another CB or WR in round 4, coming back for Brooks or Garrett in round 5. 

You havent seen what Volson can do but hes a waste?

Absurd..

5 minutes ago, Griever said:

So I guess we are holding off on TE until next year. Who knows, maybe Hurst exceeds expectations.

I think hurst is gonna be better than CJ. That's my expectations. Hurst is REALLY good. He's gonna fit great in this offense. Anyone they took this year was gonna be behind him anyway. 

Archived