** ROUNDS 4 – 7 DISCUSSION ** (2022 NFL DRAFT)

25 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Lou is replacing the slower Von Bell 4.68 and Bates 4.5 with 4.3 guys (Dax, Cam, Tycen) with longer arms. 

I am not dogging  the pick... but who was John Ross and his 4.2whatever replacing.. 

Von Bell is a hell of a player and will be hard to replace. 

7 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Bell is a good player. But NFL play is based on systems and it is clear that Lou is adapting his defense in certain ways. He has been moving to what I call his 4-7 defense for awhile now, a 0 LB scheme (as Pratt and Wilson are big safeties in my view). Bell and even Bates are actually traditional SS and FS from your usual 4-3-4 scheme and both of their contracts are up after this season. All these guys now are just very fast DBs that can play anywhere of the 7 needed. 

The Bengals will only have 6 picks this year it looks like ... when they usaully aim for like 8-10.

It makes me think they will more heavily lean on UDFAs and come out of the gate fast on those. It also might mean they are fairly happy with their roster so don't see many chances to make the team. 

55 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I am not dogging  the pick... but who was John Ross and his 4.2whatever replacing.. 

Bells a thumper..

Bad in coverage due to lack of speed..

John Ross wasnt a football player..

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Bells a thumper..

Bad in coverage due to lack of speed..

John Ross wasnt a football player..

Bell lighting up JuJu after he danced on the 50 made me love him forever... and he is a Buckeye. 

\and yes on Ross.. one of our worst picks ever I was just talking about speed isn't everything 

10 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Bell lighting up JuJu after he danced on the 50 made me love him forever... and he is a Buckeye. 

\and yes on Ross.. one of our worst picks ever I was just talking about speed isn't everything 

Totally understandable..😊

I like Bell to but its allmost time to move on to a younger faster player..

Speed isnt everything but all teams look for it as a big additional asset ..

2 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Probably gonna lose Bates next year, maybe Vonn Bell too.

Get that….except both will be on the roster in 2022. I understand the concept of versatility and plug-into certain schemes also. 

Was sort of wondering out loud is all. 

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You havent seen what Volson can do but hes a waste?

Absurd..

Not absurd. He's a FCS tackle they are trying to move to G. Let's say he wins the starting job at LG. That would make the Carman 2nd round pick even worse. More likely they start Carman or re-sign Spain. In which case Volson is fighting with Adeniji or Smith for a roster spot. Instead of adding another just-a-guy level player to our O-line jumble, they should have used the pick for a TE or WR or CB. Someone likely to make the roster on merit rather than draft position. 

Archived