*** RD 4 BENGALS DRAFT - CORDELL VOLSON (G) ***

• BlackJesus changed the title to *** RD 4 BENGALS DRAFT - CORDELL VOLSON (G) ***
4 hours ago, membengal said:

Maybe Cappa and Karras can teach him up.

I just don't understand, and will never understand, this teams' aversion to drafting an actual G to play...G. 

Quite true. Karras, for example, is/was a true guard out of college. In true Bengal tradition—they will make a good guard into a good center…hopefully. 

in any event, this fellow does come from a program where offensive linemen are well-schooled, and naturally meaner than hell. He’ll fit somewhere, and at least quality depth. 

11 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

"F*ck the ketchup bottle, I eat glass"

Seems Coach Pollack is getting that type player to work with.

Darren Simmons has to be bouncing off the walls with the ST players with more speed to add to his unit.

Our secondary is  loaded for anything right now....anything...

I feel We're close to balanced not only on both sides but everywhere on the whole team..

19 hours ago, membengal said:

Maybe Cappa and Karras can teach him up.

I just don't understand, and will never understand, this teams' aversion to drafting an actual G to play...G. 

Most of the better athletes play tackle in college.  We'll see on this one.  A reach maybe?

I don’t tend to care on alleged reaching after round 1 - and Volson played more G than I thought initially. So that pleases me.

a blind spot of mine is small school linemen- but plenty of those kinds are taken in these rounds and are really good. Like, say , Cappa . I think we have the right guys here on the line to help him make a leap to this level of competition. I hope he is put into the LG scrum right away. 

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

I don’t tend to care on alleged reaching after round 1 - and Volson played more G than I thought initially. So that pleases me.

a blind spot of mine is small school linemen- but plenty of those kinds are taken in these rounds and are really good. Like, say , Cappa . I think we have the right guys here on the line to help him make a leap to this level of competition. I hope he is put into the LG scrum right away. 

NDSU program is no joke.  As non power 5 conference schools go they are one of the best.

Archived