*** RD 5 BENGALS DRAFT - TYCEN ANDERSON (S) ***

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

another fucking safety... Bates is definitely gone... 

he was from the moment that they turned down the last offer from the bengals. Bengals are around 15 mllion per. But Bates' agent wants to push guarantees. You know we won't do that for a safety. 

One more year for Bates. But they are covered now. 

1 minute ago, membengal said:

he was from the moment that they turned down the last offer from the bengals. Bengals are around 15 mllion per. But Bates' agent wants to push guarantees. You know we won't do that for a safety. 

sadly I agree.. one of the best players one the teams just going to walk away. 

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

All the dbacks are versatile..

Theyre defensive backs that can play multiple spots..

The days of a box safety only are gone..

Id be surprised if Bates or Bell are here next year..

1 minute ago, fluhartz said:

sadly I agree.. one of the best players one the teams just going to walk away. 

it happens. All teams lose good players. But it makes no sense to meet his agent's demands when they have Burrow/Chase/Williams etc etc etc on the horizon. I would include Tee but he has the same agent as Bates so I expect to lose Tee too. 

1 minute ago, membengal said:

it happens. All teams lose good players. But it makes no sense to meet his agent's demands when they have Burrow/Chase/Williams etc etc etc on the horizon. I would include Tee but he has the same agent as Bates so I expect to lose Tee too. 

I know.. I just really like Jessie 

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Tycen was a 3-time Captain (what Zac likes), has a 4.36 (40) going with our 4.38 s from Dax and Cam ... (a sign that Lou demands 4.3 speed from now on) and he has 33" arms = which is unheard of for a DB - that is OT length. 

This kid is a good pick..

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

Someone will pay him, go get yo bag.  Good luck on your future endeavors.  :( 

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Tycen was a 3-time Captain (what Zac likes), has a 4.36 (40) going with our 4.38 s from Dax and Cam ... (a sign that Lou demands 4.3 speed from now on) and he has 33" arms = which is unheard of for a DB - that is OT length. 

yeah.. I am excited... explosive player that can contribute immediately... 

8 minutes ago, membengal said:

One more year for Bates.

The writing is on the wall now. His agent was such a dick (also represents Tee Higgins) that the Bengals went on a Safety-Palooza out of spite.

Plus it appears to me that Lou is changing what he wants in his DBs, now much more about speed. Bates was a 4.5 guy, and Vonn Bell was a 4.68 (40) guy. Lou now wants 4.3 guys with long arms (Dax, Cam, and Tycen) 

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

The writing is on the wall now. His agent was such a dick (also represents Tee Higgins) that the Bengals went on a Safety-Palooza out of spite.

Plus it appears to me that Lou is changing what he wants in his DBs, now much more about speed. Bates was a 4.5 guy, and Vonn Bell was a 4.68 (40) guy. Lou now wants 4.3 guys with long arms (Dax, Cam, and Tycen) 

given the speed of the offenses they face on the regular, more speed and interchangeability in the defensive backfield is a must. 

Lou already kind of gave us a reason why these kind of DBs are needed now - we're going to be facing elite running QBs no less than FOUR TIMES per season for the foreseeable future (Watson and Jackson), so letting those guys get easy yards just because they can outrun everybody isn't going to work.  At the same time I'd imagine having burners all over the field simply allows Lou to do a little less heavy scheming just to take that one aspect out of the game and allow a little more react/recover and plain disguising going into these kinds of matchups.

Archived