14 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Let's wait the two weeks to see if we have to deal with this issue or not.  :)

Bengals über alles.

The latest rumor I heard was that it'll be the Seahawks, YMMV.  Visguy Chris from Tacoma (a mutual friend of Amish and me) is elated; his wife works for Allianz and her colleagues are already working on luxury suite reservations. 

Things to do:

Olympiapark / Olympiaturm (tower)

BMW Museum
Deutsches Museum (science, nature, tech)
Deutsches Museum (transport)
MVG Museum (also transport)

stroll in the English Garden and see

-- Chinese Tower

-- surfers on the Eisbach

-- and get attacked by geese

Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt, Kaufingerstraße

Residenz (palace/museum)

Crazy Ludwig's other 2 castles, which are demonstrably better

-- Herrenchiemsee

-- Linderhof

Ride a cable car or a cog-wheel train to the top of Germany (Zugspitze from Garmisch-Partenkirchen)

Many, many, many art museums

So. many. beer. gardens. 

As soon as the NFL releases the schedule - in less than 2 weeks - you can bet that someone will rush to Wikipedia to update things there immediately.

Here's the Germany listing ... scroll up slightly to catch England and the game in horrible Mexico City.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series#Germany_Games

Edited to add:  With 2020 wiping out the International series, there are presently only 4 teams (ATL JAX MIA NYJ) who have played in one of these games more recently than the Bengals.  Of the three AFC teams playing "at" TBB this year, KCC (2019) and BAL (2017) have had a longer or equal wait time than CIN (2019).  Presuming an AFC-NFC matchup (to allow for an opponent that already has 9 away games on their schedule this year), it would seem that the odds are stacked against the Bengals as the designated visitor in Munich.

Of course.... if the Stripes *do* head to Germany, I'll be able to complete my collection by seeing a professional football game in all of the nations shown in the attached USA Network WLAF intro reel.

England - Bengals at Wembley vs Redskins (2016) and Rams (2019)

Germany - Bengals at Allianz Arena vs Buccaneers (2022)

Spain - (WLAF) Ohio Glory at Montjuic Stadium vs Barcelona Dragons (1992)

Canada - (CFL) BC Lions at BC Place (Vancouver) vs Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1989)

Edited To Add: The moment the British WR catches the pass thrown over the Atlantic as the music changes to "Rule Brittania" - goose bumps for me every time, man.  A close second is the instant you realize that the music playing for Germany is from Beethoven's Fifth.

10 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

The latest rumor I heard was that it'll be the Seahawks, YMMV.  Visguy Chris from Tacoma (a mutual friend of Amish and me) is elated; his wife works for Allianz and her colleagues are already working on luxury suite reservations. 

Things to do:

Olympiapark / Olympiaturm (tower)

BMW Museum
Deutsches Museum (science, nature, tech)
Deutsches Museum (transport)
MVG Museum (also transport)

stroll in the English Garden and see

-- Chinese Tower

-- surfers on the Eisbach

-- and get attacked by geese

Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt, Kaufingerstraße

Residenz (palace/museum)

Crazy Ludwig's other 2 castles, which are demonstrably better

-- Herrenchiemsee

-- Linderhof

Ride a cable car or a cog-wheel train to the top of Germany (Zugspitze from Garmisch-Partenkirchen)

Many, many, many art museums

So. many. beer. gardens. 

By far, my favorite thing to do is walking the cobblestone streets of the smaller villages.  There are no telephone poles.  Everything is underground.  If you live in the United States, it's a foreign concept not visual in one's mind until you see it in person.

1 hour ago, Kingspoint said:

By far, my favorite thing to do is walking the cobblestone streets of the smaller villages.  There are no telephone poles.  Everything is underground.  If you live in the United States, it's a foreign concept not visual in one's mind until you see it in person.

You've never been in my neighborhood then.

Off German topic, but European nonetheless (SF2 will appreciate this):

How about one team looking to win a FCS national championship and a Super Bowl within 2 weeks of each other (with a possible Division I National Championship just before the SB)? And, not to mention already winning the Division II National Championship?:

Division II (aka EFL Cup)

image.jpeg.07f484df3f472316a2365d9f0e3a5fb7.jpeg

FCS National Championship (FA Cup):

image.jpeg.0dca208974af0389b7963954ec348668.jpeg

Possible FCS National Championship (Premier League):

image.thumb.jpeg.baa04bdcf7c2cc0bd99f7bd07e68ef8b.jpeg

And Super Bowl (Champions League):

image.jpeg.242845a136442678e4bfc18ca0259d20.jpeg

All this in the month of May. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 4:56 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

You've never been in my neighborhood then.

No, I haven't.  And, with the Amish phone books loaded with pages of "Benner's", my last name, I'm pretty certain I will someday.  My brother had a 60-acre farm (half forest) in Sayre, PA in the '80's, but I never got there.

• 6 months later...

https://www.charivari.de/nachrichten/deutschland-und-welt/was-dich-2023-in-und-um-muenchen-alles-erwartet/11529588

No source quoted and no idea who is "currently speculating" but yes, I would be down for this. 

Sports

The first NFL game ever in Munich took place in 2022. Since everything worked so well, there is currently speculation about whether the NFL game should be hosted in Munich again next year. Munich would step in for Mexico. That would mean that the NFL games would take place in Munich for the second time in the fall.

Sport

Bereits 2022 hat das erste Mal überhaupt ein NFL Spiel in München stattgefunden. Da alles so gut funktioniert hat, wird momentan darüber spekuliert, ob man im nächsten Jahr das NFL Spiel wieder in München ausrichten soll. München soll nämlich für Mexiko einspringen. Das würde heißen, dass im Herbst zum zweiten Mal die NFL Spiele in München stattfinden würden.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived