OTAs/Mini-camps and other post draft stuff up to camp

7 hours ago, membengal said:

That’s from this piece - dropping link to it here if you all haven’t had a chance to read it yet:

Sucks that it took losing a SB to make them get serious about the OL but better late than never.

Burrow took off his brace today? I wish he would wear them during the games. He's the best QB in the leagbue with a bad line and a brace on. Now he has a good line, and since he's used to the brace he should keep it on. I just worry about his knee. 

In a prev thread I mentioned an ankle injury I had when I wore a plastic air cast thing to keep my ankle from rolling. I had the injury in 7th grade and it came back about 3 years ago when I rolled my ankle in flag football. Wearing the brace thing makes me feel indestructible for some reason lol. It's like my ankle is golden. I could play without it, but it gives me a piece of mind wearing it, and makes me feel that I can take chances on otherwise plays I wouldn't without fear of my ankle rolling again. 

7 hours ago, membengal said:

3 minutes ago, Gary said:

Burrow took off his brace today? I wish he would wear them during the games. He's the best QB in the leagbue with a bad line and a brace on. Now he has a good line, and since he's used to the brace he should keep it on. I just worry about his knee. 

See above.  I'd personally like to see him continue to wear it, but its ultimately up to him and coaches I suppose.  Honestly, I'd prefer he wear a complete suit of armor, but I'm guessing that's out of the question.  :)

11 hours ago, membengal said:

IMG_20220518_003133.jpg

There is an alternate reality in some level of hyperspace where Burrow does get that pass off and Chase catches the ball wide open and walks into the end zone and it goes down as the greatest play in Super Bowl history. I can see and hear it vividly in my mind. Absolute pandemonium in the stadium. They would likely call it "the check" and it would surpass "the catch" by Dwight Clark or whatever that bullshit groundball play is by Franco Harris. 

Painful to think about though. 😐 

Hopefully it fuels Shiesty to do it again next season.

How about a Bates debate.  Safety is one of those positions (like IOL) that the Bengals just don't value and aren't gonna pay top dollar for.  I would be surprised if they come up off of their latest offer to Bates (whatever that may be).

I believe when they didn't offer him what he felt he deserved last summer he got all pissy and let it sour his play.  Now he's been tagged he's he gonna holdout and causing all kinds of drama.  Even if he does finally accept the tag, how will it affect his play?  The locker room?  Unless there's a surprise multi-year deal, I think the team should start exploring option.

I'm not that familiar with Tag rules though.  Even though he's not technically under  contract, can they deal him (sign and trade maybe?)? If they end up letting him walk, does he still qualify for a comp pick?  Does his $13M+ cap figure go back in the kitty to be spent elsewhere?

29 minutes ago, snarkster said:

How about a Bates debate.  Safety is one of those positions (like IOL) that the Bengals just don't value and aren't gonna pay top dollar for.  I would be surprised if they come up off of their latest offer to Bates (whatever that may be).

I believe when they didn't offer him what he felt he deserved last summer he got all pissy and let it sour his play.  Now he's been tagged he's he gonna holdout and causing all kinds of drama.  Even if he does finally accept the tag, how will it affect his play?  The locker room?  Unless there's a surprise multi-year deal, I think the team should start exploring option.

I'm not that familiar with Tag rules though.  Even though he's not technically under  contract, can they deal him (sign and trade maybe?)? If they end up letting him walk, does he still qualify for a comp pick?  Does his $13M+ cap figure go back in the kitty to be spent elsewhere?

there's some bates talk in the Hill thread, probably needs it's own thread I would guess. 

Archived