OTAs/Mini-camps and other post draft stuff up to camp

10 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Tee Higgins is a top 10 receiver in the NFL ...

If the Bengals can keep Burrow, Chase, and Higgins for the long term (it will cost them over 100 million a year for the trio) then they will always be a threat to win the Super Bowl.

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

If the Bengals can keep Burrow, Chase, and Higgins for the long term (it will cost them over 100 million a year for the trio) then they will always be a threat to win the Super Bowl.

That's close to half the cap.  Throw in Burrow and you're talking four players taking over half the cap.  There has to be money left for defense and an OL.  That could be disastrous.

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

That's close to half the cap.  Throw in Burrow and you're talking four players taking over half the cap.  There has to be money left for defense and an OL.  That could be disastrous.

Theyll figure a way to keep all 3..

Like some said..

Cap going up alot..

Bengals should be able to keep Burrow, Higgins, and Chase together for a while. Boyd and Mixon will likely be the ones who aren't kept around. Colleges produce lots of good receivers these days so maybe they let Tee walk but it won't be because they can't afford him. 

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I read somewhere an estimate of $280M by 2024

We have to remember sticker shock that will follow.  We think the Desean Watson contract was bad, what will we see with a bigger cap.  So we still might not be able to keep everyone we want to keep.

19 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I was hoping they'd amend the salary cap to there the QB's salary isn't included in the overall cap.  That would allow teams to keep their QBs and still build a team.  

Problem with that is two fold. First, the very wealthy owners would start paying QB's $100M per year (and that in itself would cause other positions to go up) and second, the rest of the players would just demand more to fill the cap 'hole'. It would make it worse for the smaller market teams.

19 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I will be shocked if Higgins stays, they'd have to match a big WR1 contract somewhere else that will surely be coming his way.  As others have said, that's probably not a good idea budget-wise.

Kind of how I feel. Love Higgins but between him and Chase, I pay Chase.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Kind of how I feel. Love Higgins but between him and Chase, I pay Chase.

I'd have to look at stats again to be certain but I think Higgins had some pretty bad drops during the postseason run.

Still amazed JB didn't blow out his back carrying the whole damn city out to LA.

Archived