Something to think about

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

The last time Joe Burrow had a normal offseason his team went on to become an undefeated national champion. 

Don’t forget to call your doctor in 4 hours. 
:24: 

could've had one last year for the price of one (1) average guard

Sure hope this team knows they don't get a do-over or extra credit.  Everyone starts at 0-0.  

Yes it was incredible watching Burrow carry almost the whole team on his back all the way to a SB but letting him get sacked 100+ times a year is not a recipe for long term success.

24 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

The Bengals finally spent $$ on a guard (Cappa) and made serious strides in improving the O line I expect that to continue going forward

Yeah I was pretty happy with the FA moves on the interior. 

Less happy with the idea of Collins at starting RT and Prince as our only backup OT (as of now).

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Less happy with the idea of Collins at starting RT and Prince as our only backup OT (as of now).

The prince being the backup or the Collins the starter? 

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The prince being the backup or the Collins the starter? 

Mostly the Prince part but a bit of both.  

I have no problem at all with ppl smoking the jazz cabbage & think the NFL is a hypocritical joke about pretty much everything regarding player conduct, but when a guy is willing to fuck around and miss a drug test that jeopardizes a $50 million contract I have to wonder WTF is wrong with him.

I don't question his ability.  Big big questions about his work ethic.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Mostly the Prince part but a bit of both.  

I have no problem at all with ppl smoking the jazz cabbage & think the NFL is a hypocritical joke about pretty much everything regarding player conduct, but when a guy is willing to fuck around and miss a drug test that jeopardizes a $50 million contract I have to wonder WTF is wrong with him.

I don't question his ability.  Big big questions about his work ethic.

Got ya. Hopefully being back with Pollack gets that out of him.

I'm more concerned with his durability which is why I had hoped we'd replace Prince in the draft as well, but things didn't fall that way. Hopefully Collins stays healthy.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Got ya. Hopefully being back with Pollack gets that out of him.

I'm more concerned with his durability which is why I had hoped we'd replace Prince in the draft as well, but things didn't fall that way. Hopefully Collins stays healthy.

PFR shows him only missing one game over the last few years before the suspension.

Thing with Prince is that he's almost certain to have to step in for one of the OTs just by nature of the position.  Maybe that's only the 2nd half of one game but OTs get hurt a lot.

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

PFR shows him only missing one game over the last few years before the suspension.

Thing with Prince is that he's almost certain to have to step in for one of the OTs just by nature of the position.  Maybe that's only the 2nd half of one game but OTs get hurt a lot.

I look at Prince and see Fred Johnson all over again.

Not just the build but their mentalities.

Thes two have a passive nature on the field..

With Coach Pollack calling for glass eaters these two seem to like pudding instead..

Yes a backup RT is needed..

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

this is going to come across as hypocritical after me barking about rather have 10 average lineman than 5 good and 5 bad backups all offseason...

BUT.. if collins goes down, having a weak link (who mind you, came back from an injury early loss of time, rehab, reps, etc,) and everyone else healthy is such a better situation than last year.

we have no idea how good or bad anyone on the right side was last year in a normal circumstance, its unlikely statistically do havea collapse of health and experience like that again. If we have Jonah/carmen or rookie/karras/cappa/prince... assume LG isnt a collapse, you just TE or RB held the RT. 

our problem was they could literally pick a guy, and go after him. help goes out? work inside, help stays inside? go around. it was a win win for defenses..

we, if healthy-ish, wont have such bad holes.

having a single weakness is one thing, we had like 4, each making the next one even worse. the OL plays as such a unit, you can kinda hide one bad apple.

16 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

this is going to come across as hypocritical after me barking about rather have 10 average lineman than 5 good and 5 bad backups all offseason...

BUT.. if collins goes down, having a weak link (who mind you, came back from an injury early loss of time, rehab, reps, etc,) and everyone else healthy is such a better situation than last year.

we have no idea how good or bad anyone on the right side was last year in a normal circumstance, its unlikely statistically do havea collapse of health and experience like that again. If we have Jonah/carmen or rookie/karras/cappa/prince... assume LG isnt a collapse, you just TE or RB held the RT. 

our problem was they could literally pick a guy, and go after him. help goes out? work inside, help stays inside? go around. it was a win win for defenses..

having a single weakness is one thing, we had like 4, each making the next one even worse. the OL plays as such a unit, you can kinda hide one bad apple.

"Cant hide bad apple"..

No you cant

Someone has to pick up his slack and if he's barely getting his own job done it makes a domino effect for disaster..

Saw it time after time last year and now that theyve resurrected the unit JB should have time to dissect defenses..

49 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

Agree & expect them to be massively improved as they come to trust each other.  Not that it matters now but I do have to wonder how many of our previous "busts" would've been fine if surrounded by decent players and better coaching.  Has to be hard for a rookie to get up to speed when everything around them is a circus fire.

It's the lack of depth that worries me now since OL get hurt a lot.  Have to plan around at least one of the five missing some time if they're being realistic.

Still, we've at least got a legitimate starting NFL line even if it's only on paper.  That's about as much as can be expected in one offseason considering where they were ~2 months ago.

19 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

As a Reds fan, I find this depressing.

I was too initially..

Now that its become clear that this is one of the alltime worst teams in any sport Im hoping they set the record for most MLB losses of 120..

They have a shot at it and I'm rooting them on..😎

On pace to lose 121.  Glad I didn't get the MLB package.

The worst thing is, even if they get the #1 pick in the draft it's probably 3 years or more before he makes an impact.

Archived