Bengals getting 5 prime time games this year.

That Dan Hoard interview on the BBP w/ the NFL scheduler was an absolutely fascinating listen.

Guy basically said Browns won't have many primetime slots due to their sucking last year relative to expectations. Confirmed Bengals/Cowboys is in the mix for the Thanksgiving game. 

Also said that not only will Bengals likely have max of 5 scheduled prime time games (with ability to flex an additional game) but that we could expect a lot of 4:25 kicks as the prime game in the late afternoon window.

Sounds like 6 or 7 1:00 pm kicks...

1 minute ago, membengal said:

That Dan Hoard interview on the BBP w/ the NFL scheduler was an absolutely fascinating listen.

Guy basically said Browns won't have many primetime slots due to their sucking last year relative to expectations. Confirmed Bengals/Cowboys is in the mix for the Thanksgiving game. 

Also said that not only will Bengals likely have max of 5 scheduled prime time games (with ability to flex an additional game) but that we could expect a lot of 4:25 kicks as the prime game in the late afternoon window.

Wow, I can't wait til next Thursday!

You may know some before then - he said that the NFL "partners" (ie the networks/Amazon) will be allowed to leak a game each next week ahead of the full release and that there would be planned leaks of various other games. I would suspect if we have a Thanksgiving game we will know before Thursday, for instance. 

54 minutes ago, membengal said:

You may know some before then - he said that the NFL "partners" (ie the networks/Amazon) will be allowed to leak a game each next week ahead of the full release and that there would be planned leaks of various other games. I would suspect if we have a Thanksgiving game we will know before Thursday, for instance. 

Interesting..

That Thanksgiving day against Dallas 

would be a great one if so..

43 minutes ago, Griever said:

Isn't Christmas in play this year as well? Could be one hell of a schedule

Bengals should and will be on primetime games ..

I think nfl fans will be enticed by Buffalo

Chargers Chiefs and Bucs as well..

This league has some outstanding teams that matchup 

for must see primetime encounters..

4 hours ago, saphead said:

This is horrible news. No more flying under the radar. 

I dont think theyve been "Under the Radar since they destroyed Baltimore.

Ravens lacked depth but whos fault is that?

Total destruction for 60 full minutes..

They became a threat that day..

4 hours ago, membengal said:

Thank you for this. That’s what I heard it from. Didn’t have time to go into all the details. 

I do disagree on the thanksgiving game tho. He basically said it’s not off the table based on conference rotation since it’s the 17th game. But said that slot kills so why put a high selling game in it. Cowboys bengals will get 40 million viewers so will cowboys eagles. So he said cowboys bengals may be better suited for another slot as it is a draw matchup on its own. 

mat least that’s what I took from his comments. 

he definitely didn't say bengals/cowboys would be thanksgiving game - just that because it was 17th game (the cross-over game) it was a "free agent" game in terms of network assignment so it could be selected for that spot. Which was news to me because I thought it was totally off the table due to Dallas hosting an AFC team on thanksgiving last year.

What was really fascinating about the conversation was hearing how the NFL views the attractiveness of potential games and how it tries to balance all interests. 

3 hours ago, membengal said:

he definitely didn't say bengals/cowboys would be thanksgiving game - just that because it was 17th game (the cross-over game) it was a "free agent" game in terms of network assignment so it could be selected for that spot. Which was news to me because I thought it was totally off the table due to Dallas hosting an AFC team on thanksgiving last year.

What was really fascinating about the conversation was hearing how the NFL views the attractiveness of potential games and how it tries to balance all interests. 

Yea and appease ALL of the networks, it cant show all the love to MNF, TNF needs good matchups too, otherwise theyll get jack shit in returns.. it was super interesting, one of my favorite episodes of theirs.

if you dig that have you ever listened to the Business of Sports it used to be a segment on ross tucker podcast but he spun it to its own andrew brandt show, his solo ones (majority) can be tiresome, but as a former agent, gm, etc his insights are great, sometimes he is a bit old fashioned in his opinions on modern topics but still fun.

have you heard that one? if so do you like it? if not, you should check it out.

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Yea and appease ALL of the networks, it cant show all the love to MNF, TNF needs good matchups too, otherwise theyll get jack shit in returns.. it was super interesting, one of my favorite episodes of theirs.

if you dig that have you ever listened to the Business of Sports it used to be a segment on ross tucker podcast but he spun it to its own andrew brandt show, his solo ones (majority) can be tiresome, but as a former agent, gm, etc his insights are great, sometimes he is a bit old fashioned in his opinions on modern topics but still fun.

Bloomberg also has podcasts along the same lines. I generally have distaste for podcasts (would much rather read than listen), and Bloomberg in particular, but it has some decent subjects. 

16 hours ago, saphead said:

This is horrible news. No more flying under the radar. 

This isn’t Andy Dalton’s Bengals anymore. Joe Burrow is a different kind of cat. He really is a Bengal tiger. 

7 hours ago, GoBengals said:

I have not - will add it to my list of pods. 

On 5/7/2022 at 9:04 AM, saphead said:

Our unis do pop hard under the lights. Especially those iconic helmets. 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:30 AM, Griever said:

Good call on this, they really do

One thing you miss not being there at night is last year they programmed the lights around the rim of the stadium to go nuts with a

light show of sorts.  Fantastic!  Even came with a warning about possibly causing seizure problems, etc but it was absolutely

awesome... and let's not forget I'm an old school, get off my lawn kind of guy. :liberalmedia:

Props to Pumpkin' :wub: Jr for that one, me thinks...

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

One thing you miss not being there at night is last year they programmed the lights around the rim of the stadium to go nuts with a

light show of sorts.  Fantastic!  Even came with a warning about possibly causing seizure problems, etc but it was absolutely

awesome... and let's not forget I'm an old school, get off my lawn kind of guy. :liberalmedia:

Props to Pumpkin' :wub: Jr for that one, me thinks...

SEC schools have been doing that stuff for a couple years.  Lots of fun.  Glad the Bengals coming out of the stone age with fan experience at the stadium.

Archived