* BENGALS 2022 SCHEDULE *

10 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Whoa!  You're right, of course.  Either it was changed or I looked at it wrong... probably the latter.

Thanks for the catch.

I'm trying to make dinner plans for after the game and this becomes one less to plan for.

Your eyesight sucks Harry! 😜

I'm hoping to get back to town for another game this season...but was psyched that we'd be playing the Patriots up here in NE and was counting on going to that game...and they put the damn thing on Christmas Eve when I'll be back in Cincy. D'oh!

1 hour ago, Lawshark13 said:

...but was psyched that we'd be playing the Patriots up here in NE and was counting on going to that game...and they put the damn thing on Christmas Eve when I'll be back in Cincy. D'oh!

Man, that’s rotten luck.

I wish they would cut preseason down to 2 games (1 home, 1 away) and raise the regular season to 18 games. 

Most preseason is just bad nfl product put on the field. Basically selling tickets to watch scrimmage practices where half the players will be selling insurance in a few weeks.

There's almost no reward of playing starters and only risk of injury. I hope Burrow sits the entire preseason out.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

I wish they would cut preseason down to 2 games (1 home, 1 away) and raise the regular season to 18 games. 

Most preseason is just bad nfl product put on the field. Basically selling tickets to watch scrimmage practices where half the players will be selling insurance in a few weeks.

There's almost no reward of playing starters and only risk of injury. I hope Burrow sits the entire preseason out.

Hey now, these guys could be stars in the USFL and XFL! Lol

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

I suspect ZT will sit Burrow and his band of bad asses for but a few series.

Your right.. Why risk injury in a meaningless game?

9 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I suspect ZT will sit Burrow and his band of bad asses for but a few series.

Your right.. Why risk injury in a meaningless game?

Of course, we DO want the team ready to face the asshole stealers, who I expect to be in full-on dirty play format.

On 5/20/2022 at 5:29 PM, BlackJesus said:

TNF isn't much better quality and those games count.

I've noticed a difference in early season games with the offseason being cut down.  I like having a month for the team to take some knocks, like a shakedown cruise to see who is really in shape for an NFL season.  Rookies with undiagnosed dislocated pinkies or some vet hiding a drunken jet-ski accident that tweaked an elbow get exposed, plus they get everyone up to speed for opening kickoff.  Gives the coaches a chance to really get the roster locked in, "Playing their way into shape" has looked a little rough these last couple of years.

41 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

TNF isn't much better quality and those games count.

I've noticed a difference in early season games with the offseason being cut down.  I like having a month for the team to take some knocks, like a shakedown cruise to see who is really in shape for an NFL season.  Rookies with undiagnosed dislocated pinkies or some vet hiding a drunken jet-ski accident that tweaked an elbow get exposed, plus they get everyone up to speed for opening kickoff.  Gives the coaches a chance to really get the roster locked in, "Playing their way into shape" has looked a little rough these last couple of years.

Then again, the healthy guys you are relying on when things count…invariably tear a pec or an Achilles while banging into their own teammates on a practice field or against John Q Camp Fodder of the Rams in an August nothing match. 

7 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Then again, the healthy guys you are relying on when things count…invariably tear a pec or an Achilles while banging into their own teammates on a practice field or against John Q Camp Fodder of the Rams in an August nothing match. 

Better it happens before the season starts when there's still some chance of replacing them.  If they can't make it through 20-30m of preseason game action they probably weren't going to last 16+ weeks.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If they can't make it through 20-30m of preseason game action they probably weren't going to last 16+ weeks.

Injuries are so random though, it's not convertible game to game. But the way I see it, every game is a bout of Russian Roulette on injuries and why take extra spins with the gun when you don't have to. Especially since the games mean nothing at all, and a win has no value.

If I was a coach I wouldn't even punt in preseason unless practicing that specifically, as who cares if you lose 150-0. 

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Better it happens before the season starts when there's still some chance of replacing them.  If they can't make it through 20-30m of preseason game action they probably weren't going to last 16+ weeks.

I suppose. Then again, will someone like Ossai last 16+ weeks? 

Rich Eisen loves that Joe Burrow has Bengals in a ton of primetime games

64e578b4479845ebb47e32e5dd461f54.jpg?w=1

The Cincinnati Bengals essentially maxed out the number of primetime games they’re allowed to have in 2022.

That schedule includes one trip to “Thursday Night Football,” plus two games on a Monday night and two more on a Sunday night. The team plays each divisional team once on primetime, plus opponents like the Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills. Even a game against the Kansas City Chiefs that isn’t primetime still gets the high-rated 4:25 p.m. ET slot.

Count Rich Eisen among the folks who love the fact Joe Burrow’s casual approach to turning around the Bengals has the team as a major primetime staple.

Eisen explained why the Bengals get so many national games in 2022:

“It’s because the Bengals are an outstanding team that went to the Super Bowl, and then went about fixing their problem on the offensive line in free agency and just drafted just to fine-tune things. When’s the last time the Bengals just fine-tuned things?”

He later gushed about how Burrow has so calmly turned around the franchise:

“…and we’re all sitting here believing it. Joseph Burrow, everybody. Joey from Athens Ohio, the Cincinnati savior. And he’s so cool about it too. ‘Yeah, it’s my first offseason really. I got drafted and there was that whole pandemic thing. And then you know, the blew out my knee thing. And then I took them to the Super Bowl and we’re just fine-tuning around here.'”

There’s a reason Burrow is becoming one of the faces of the NFL and outselling all but a few players in terms of merchandise.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/21/rich-eisen-loves-joe-burrow-bengals-primetime-games/

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Injuries are so random though, it's not convertible game to game. But the way I see it, every game is a bout of Russian Roulette on injuries and why take extra spins with the gun when you don't have to. Especially since the games mean nothing at all, and a win has no value.

If I was a coach I wouldn't even punt in preseason unless practicing that specifically, as who cares if you lose 150-0. 

Could be right.  I guess the question would be how rate of injury trends up or down over the season. 

Archived