Does this alter your opinion on Mike?

I recently saw the following article on Profootballtalk and was surprised it didn't recieve more response / feedback here.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/14/mike-brown-took-a-stand-against-rams-leaving-st-louis/

Obviously Mike Brown's competence related to both:

1. Football operations and decision making.

&

2. (Genuine) committment to winning over the years (see 90's) can undoubtedly be questioned.

One thing that I don't think can be is his loyalty....often to the detriment of the team and organisation.

At the same time as much sh*t as he takes for constantly being "the fly in the NFL ointment" I kinda "dig" that he often stands for "old school" values and ideals.

The article above is an example of that and ???? surely bodes well for the Bengal long term future in Cincinnati. 

Opinions?

5 hours ago, oz_bengal said:

I recently saw the following article on Profootballtalk and was surprised it didn't recieve more response / feedback here.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/14/mike-brown-took-a-stand-against-rams-leaving-st-louis/

Obviously Mike Brown's competence related to both:

1. Football operations and decision making.

&

2. (Genuine) committment to winning over the years (see 90's) can undoubtedly be questioned.

One thing that I don't think can be is his loyalty....often to the detriment of the team and organisation.

At the same time as much sh*t as he takes for constantly being "the fly in the NFL ointment" I kinda "dig" that he often stands for "old school" values and ideals.

The article above is an example of that and ???? surely bodes well for the Bengal long term future in Cincinnati. 

Opinions?

Eh, not really.  Brown was/is a guy who opposed changes throughout his entire career.  Still trying to do things like his father did.  The results were pretty poor economically and on the scoreboard.

It's apparent he isn't calling the shots anymore, and I am very thankful. 

mike and the former bills owner were the last one the owners who did everything to try to prevent the nfl from turning into MLB, where huge market teams can buy rings, and still you have a huge market owners like snyder hiding money to not have to profit share it. 

his coach and player loyalties aside, his dedication to TRYING to ensure small markets could yield competitive football teams is unmatched.

he should have left the shithole market that is cincinnati and northern kentucky behind and made some real cash in baltimore, but the same loyalty the awful fanbase bitches about is the only reason the team even exists anymore.

but hey its the internet, where beggars can be choosers.

mike gets criticism for all the wrong things, and praise for nothing.  while the entire league fluffed players egos and gave ridiculous backloaded contracts for a quick ego trip headline for money players never ever saw, the bengals offered contracts that they actually intended on paying out, it would likely be eye opening if PFF did stats on teams likelihood to pay out a contract to its players to completion. which was foolish, but the right thing to do. he should have offered stupid money he had no intention on paying.

you can still see this in the Bates deal his kids are negotiating, hell just make the last year 20 million and cut him in 3 years and call it a day... bates and the agent get the ego pat on the back, and we can get past this. but nooooo

Archived