Next Level Forum Ideas

Just curious but has anyone ever thought about what this forum could be doing to boost membership and add some supreme value to our discussions? How great would it be to engage the Bengals organization and see if they would be willing to organize a player question and answer session on zoom for us? Or maybe a Go-Bengals specific Q and A with Bengals players in the forum itself. I have been a longtime member and have very much enjoyed much of the banter and even SOME of the arguments. However, I am also of the school that very few people on here actually knows much real information inside the organization. With the right temperament and addressed in a formal way, it could be possible to have an actual relationship with the Bengals organization. I know most of the people on here have their hearts in the right place and quite honestly I turn to this forum for a lot of my information on Bengals Nation. You guys know how to dig up some real gems. I also think the majority of the forum posters are respectful and would not geek out too much if we had some players come on board. I just was curious if there was interest and if the mods and owners would be interested in starting up some really interesting ideas that we could address with them? There is no better time to be a Bengals fan right now and I think it would be really cool to see where this forum site can go. I am heading to Cincy this summer quite a bit and would be happy to help with some approved initiatives 

8 hours ago, Slag911 said:

Just curious but has anyone ever thought about what this forum could be doing to boost membership and add some supreme value to our discussions? How great would it be to engage the Bengals organization and see if they would be willing to organize a player question and answer session on zoom for us? Or maybe a Go-Bengals specific Q and A with Bengals players in the forum itself. I have been a longtime member and have very much enjoyed much of the banter and even SOME of the arguments. However, I am also of the school that very few people on here actually knows much real information inside the organization. With the right temperament and addressed in a formal way, it could be possible to have an actual relationship with the Bengals organization. I know most of the people on here have their hearts in the right place and quite honestly I turn to this forum for a lot of my information on Bengals Nation. You guys know how to dig up some real gems. I also think the majority of the forum posters are respectful and would not geek out too much if we had some players come on board. I just was curious if there was interest and if the mods and owners would be interested in starting up some really interesting ideas that we could address with them? There is no better time to be a Bengals fan right now and I think it would be really cool to see where this forum site can go. I am heading to Cincy this summer quite a bit and would be happy to help with some approved initiatives 

long ago i had NFL media credentials, and was offered bengals ones by Rusty the security guy, i was just a working class loser and had no time to take advantage of either, i used the nfl one to get in to PFHOF games for free and stuff like that.

I did recently sponsor on the ross tucker fooball podcast, so he gives a shoutout to the website on the end of his podcast every day he has an episode in hopes to bring people in.

the bengals have little to no interest in accomodating things like this place, they have their own social media that they are trying to maximize, if they are going to have someone available for media they are getting it on their youtube, their facebook ,etc. now contacting players directly is another story, I can pay them via their agents, or do a donation to their foundation for access, things like that. 

camp is the easiest time, undrafted free agents are DYING to get seen and heard, so access to those guys is cake.

I also have a friend who used to post here who does pro sports media for a living, and could potentially conduct the interviews for us if he is interested. 

I have been pondering getting a basic youtube show going for pre and postgame stuff, but the player interview stuff would be great to post there as well.

I am hoping to retire from work in the near future (next 3-4 years) and want to get something ramped up to have a hobby rolling to spend my time on.

So the bottom line here is fan engagement the goal, so how much fan engagement  can i get to pick questions for low round draft picks and free agents? how many will watch the episodes posted here and on youtube? 

doing a live fan interactive one would be MUCH harder. 

but doing fan questions gathering have answered and then post the interview would me much easier.

open to thoughts and other ideas?

Thanks for weighing in GO. I agree that social media has its own streams to get the attention desired for most people. Unfortunately I am old school or at least just old and am not very active on it. I personally appreciate all the work you have sacrificed over the years to keep this site up and running even when the Bengals STUNK. I was just curious if there was interest and how hard it is to organize. I like the easier idea of gathering the questions and then doing a video....might be cool. I think your right that the Bengals organization would probably prefer the ability to control the content and player interviews as best they can. After Ocho, I certainly understand why they would frown on this type interaction and players are likely told to avoid agreeing to it. However, I do spend an unnatural amount of time watching the Bengals player/coach interviews when I see them because honestly I like some of the people and have followed them in their college careers. Might be cool to have some interaction on here but I completely understand where you are coming from                 

9 hours ago, Slag911 said:

Thanks for weighing in GO. I agree that social media has its own streams to get the attention desired for most people. Unfortunately I am old school or at least just old and am not very active on it. I personally appreciate all the work you have sacrificed over the years to keep this site up and running even when the Bengals STUNK. I was just curious if there was interest and how hard it is to organize. I like the easier idea of gathering the questions and then doing a video....might be cool. I think your right that the Bengals organization would probably prefer the ability to control the content and player interviews as best they can. After Ocho, I certainly understand why they would frown on this type interaction and players are likely told to avoid agreeing to it. However, I do spend an unnatural amount of time watching the Bengals player/coach interviews when I see them because honestly I like some of the people and have followed them in their college careers. Might be cool to have some interaction on here but I completely understand where you are coming from                 

I agree and am the same way, my oldest son is about to be 17, travels to games with me and we watch the post games stuff, and its been a lot of fun discussing with him the politics of things they say and reading between the lines on answers to questions and all that stuff. We do the same for the nuggets, we have season tickets for bengals and nuggets, so we watch the interviews, camp, offseason for both, he wants to work in sports, so we spend a lot of time talking about sports and players and all that stuff. 

Ill reach out to the other member and see if he has any interest in essentially "running the show" as far as media stuff would go around here.

Archived