What type of topic organization do you prefer here?

What format do you prefer for topics here?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. DO you prefer the "one topic fits all" or the "spread buckshot" multiple similar topics?

• I prefer fewer topics, one big pile of info.
    • I prefer several smaller sub topics to pick and choose from.

I ask because I personally prefer more smaller topics, and i assume its maybe based on what type of visitor you are.

Like i make it here once a week maybe, sometimes a few days in a row, sometimes weeks pass, so like tonight i pop in and see the OTA mini camp thread is 6 pages deep, and at that point for me its not worth going through 6 pages of stuff, so i dont even both reading it, if i do and there is 2-3 posts on the first page id like to reply to, if thats on every page im quoting like 18 posts, and then perhaps no longer want to comment as some have already done so and cant easily unquote without going back.  so at the end of the day im fickle and just dont bother reading it.

I do ffeel hypocritical given i attempted to make one huge OL thread vs the 15 we had at the time.

and maybe im just an old ass dude who is grumpy all the time. 😁

i can appreciate the tidiness of the all in one threads, but they grow so fast for us part time visitors it can be intimidating to jump into 6+ pages in, i may be the only person on earth who thinks this, so i figured id ask. 

i dont mind if there are 5 similar preseason or draft or OTA topics, if its taking a different angle then that seems fine, but i see if there are 5 same minded OL topics, fuck it make one big one. i feel like almost everything gets tossed into vague similar big threads, like are there 2-3 topics worthy of their own thread in the main vague threads? i have no idea..

just asking around see what people are feeling.

I will do whatever people want. I try to grab whatever shots/news/clips from team stuff in one thread because people have said they like having a repository for that. If there is noteworthy shit in the course of any given days news cycle people usually spin that into its own thread. I also have had people complain about me collecting the news at all and I don't have to keep doing that.  Not everyone uses twitter etc tho and folks seem to like having the ability to see stuff in one place who would not otherwise see the pics and updates from those covering the team. 

3 minutes ago, membengal said:

I will do whatever people want. I try to grab whatever shots/news/clips from team stuff in one thread because people have said they like having a repository for that. If there is noteworthy shit in the course of any given days news cycle people usually spin that into its own thread. I also have had people complain about me collecting the news at all and I don't have to keep doing that.  Not everyone uses twitter etc tho and folks seem to like having the ability to see stuff in one place who would not otherwise see the pics and updates from those covering the team. 

Don’t stop doing what you’re doing.  Almost all of us really do appreciate your efforts.  

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

I like all the news, tweets and videos as well, but maybe we could separate those into their own threads instead of putting them in the middle of conversation threads?  That would clean up some threads so folks wanting to dive in wouldn't be as intimidated?

Maybe a daily "News" thread?

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

I made a thread just for news. The OTAs thread. There isn’t a deluge of news everyday in the off-season. Media only has limited access.  There will hardly be anything today after a lot yesterday. 

That's perfect.  I think if everyone would put their recent news/tweets/videos in that thread it would be helpful.  Once training camp starts things get crazy and a daily "News" thread could help.

I probably visit this site every hour when I'm not sleeping lol.

That being said, I feel like the organization of topics that we have is perfect. Trust me, I'm no fan of "mega threads" but I feel like they don't get out of control. I like how we have yearly iterations of threads too. Like the keeping our enemies closer thread, threads for every one of our draft picks, weekly game threads, good bad ugly threads etc.

Long story short, I wouldn't change anything...but I can understand less frequent members/visitors will be less likely to jump into a thread 5+ pages deep. I do like how there is a "new posts start here" line within the thread though. Is there a way each member could jump to that point or is that impossible.

Basically, I like this place and its denizens a lot.  Obviously.  I spend a lot of time here, my go-to source of All Things Bengals thanks to certain posters... you know who you are.

And I appreciate Go's efforts at keeping it up and running.

That said, suggestions, not criticisms...

Main thing I would say is streamline it.  Seems to be a lot of dead wood or topics that have been sitting dormant for awhile.

Maybe...

All My Bengals 

Keeping Our Enemies Close (AFC North)

Around the NFL

Other Sports (threads for rugby, soccer, etc)

Police Blotter and Obits

My former board had a section called The Woodshed for politics and personal

pissing contests without involving the other threads.

Just my 2¢

Oh.... can someone refresh the emojis used here?  Lots of question marks, etc.

Maybe add a couple.

image.gif.e7857eb99a57839ccb13aabd315554b8.gif

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Long story short, I wouldn't change anything...but I can understand less frequent members/visitors will be less likely to jump into a thread 5+ pages deep. I do like how there is a "new posts start here" line within the thread though. Is there a way each member could jump to that point or is that impossible.

When I access this site on my phone, it automatically jumps to the "New posts start here" line. I really like that feature, too. 

I haven't been here as long as most, but I'll weigh in.

I'm a creature of habit and I'm used to the site as is.

I rarely stray from the Bengals topics and can navigate around pretty easily to see what interests me.

So, I wouldn't change a thing.

and Mem............love your stuff!

I don't do twitter so you keep me up to date there - thanks!

6 hours ago, HOF dan said:

I haven't been here as long as most, but I'll weigh in.

I'm a creature of habit and I'm used to the site as is.

I rarely stray from the Bengals topics and can navigate around pretty easily to see what interests me.

So, I wouldn't change a thing.

and Mem............love your stuff!

I don't do twitter so you keep me up to date there - thanks!

Ditto

19 hours ago, GoBengals said:

I do ffeel hypocritical given i attempted to make one huge OL thread vs the 15 we had at the time.

and maybe im just an old ass dude who is grumpy all the time. 😁

do we get to vote on these too? 

that said i'm good with whichever 

Archived