"Prove-It" Year For Burrow?

48 minutes ago, membengal said:

Tom Brady says Tom Brady has things to work on. Any player always has things to work on. Stop setting up weird message board goalposts to find shit to complain about with a QB who just yanked this franchise within one fucking missed block of winning a super bowl coming off an ACL injury and a 4 win season. 

I'm simply asking questions trying to start discussion on a message board, if it offends you in any way that wasn't the intent, but you don't have to respond either.  If you take asking questions or stating something that can be improved as complaining, that's on you buddy.  

3 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I'm simply asking questions trying to start discussion on a message board, if it offends you in any way that wasn't the intent, but you don't have to respond either.  If you take asking questions or stating something that can be improved as complaining, that's on you buddy.  

Good point..

Maybe we can move this along to who does need to prove themselves this season?

I nominate Tee Higgins.  I know he has another year under contract but I think if they're going to extend him they'll try to do it next offseason. He had some big drops in the postseason & I think needs to show more consistency.

I definitely look at "who has something to prove" in terms of contracts. From that standard, that's why I am so lol over asking what Burrow has to prove. any team that doesn't already have a top 5 ranked QB would fall all over themselves to get Burrow. He has nothing left to prove.  Bengals will extend him first chance they get. 

Higgins has almost 2000 yards in his first two seasons. Pretty damn good. That said, definitely need to see him hit the field healthy and ready to go from the jump. He's missed time each of the first two years. Year 3 is the traditional leap for WRs so he definitely could show out. Do they need to see a 1400 yard season from him before deciding if they need to meet Mulagaleta's inevitable demands? I don't know, but maybe. 

I am looking for more consistency from Pratt. They are at a decision point on whether to do a second contract with him and I think he definitely has more to prove before they offer that contract. 

Carman at LG, obviously, has a fuckton to prove. Not in terms of second contract but whether he should be on the field and whether he can be counted on.

Not sure what Jonah has to prove, but they've only picked up his option, not yet appeared to have extension discussions. are they looking for more before they do? If so, then he has proof days ahead of him.

I feel like when the time comes Logan Wilson has done enough to get a bag. 

11 minutes ago, membengal said:

Not sure what Jonah has to prove, but they've only picked up his option, not yet appeared to have extension discussions. are they looking for more before they do? If so, then he has proof days ahead of him.

He's been consistently average-ish on a really bad line.  Maybe that's not good enough for them anymore?  Thing is, we hopefully won't be drafting in the top 10 again anytime soon without some serious trade magic happening so I'm not sure where there's an opportunity to upgrade.  A fairly decent 24 year old LT is still pretty valuable, as we know all too well.  Any questions about JW are probably due to him missing a lot of time early on & wanting to see him stay on the field.

He has nothing to prove with me. He and the defense put the team on their backs last year, and took us on an improbable run culminating in an AFC championship and so close to a Lombardi it still hurts.  Unfortunately, we don't get to pick up where we left off last year, and you can't take anything for granted in this league. I feel like Burrow did something truly remarkable last year though. He shamed the franchise into becoming active in free agency. With him playing so well behind a bad o line, it became a huge topic in the football world, and they kinda had no choice but to finally address it. He showed huge courage a year after getting his knee shredded, and has nothing to prove with me. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with some protection. No longer feeling like a single postseason win is almost too much to hope for. A championship is a legitimate hope for this fan base now. Another truly remarkable thing he did last year. 

13 minutes ago, A Rock said:

He has nothing to prove with me. He and the defense put the team on their backs last year, and took us on an improbable run culminating in an AFC championship and so close to a Lombardi it still hurts.  Unfortunately, we don't get to pick up where we left off last year, and you can't take anything for granted in this league. I feel like Burrow did something truly remarkable last year though. He shamed the franchise into becoming active in free agency. With him playing so well behind a bad o line, it became a huge topic in the football world, and they kinda had no choice but to finally address it. He showed huge courage a year after getting his knee shredded, and has nothing to prove with me. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with some protection. No longer feeling like a single postseason win is almost too much to hope for. A championship is a legitimate hope for this fan base now. Another truly remarkable thing he did last year. 

The Franchise has been active in Free Agency since Taylor got here, before Burrow. DJ Reader was paid, Vonn Bell was paid. Both in Taylor's first year, both before Burrow got here.

Now Joe may have put them into overdrive on it, but they were already making moves when Taylor got here.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

The Franchise has been active in Free Agency since Taylor got here, before Burrow. DJ Reader was paid, Vonn Bell was paid. Both in Taylor's first year, both before Burrow got here.

Now Joe may have put them into overdrive on it, but they were already making moves when Taylor got here.

True, and I credit the defense more than anything else for the postseason wins. More accurately, he shamed the franchise into being proactive in free agency where there was a GLARING need.

If this kid gets actual time to throw, it will be fucking scary for opposing defenses. They havent even been frightened yet, and that is scary. 

I am high right now and listening to The Black Keys new album.  Life is good. 

On 5/20/2022 at 11:46 PM, BlackJesus said:

If Burrow needed a kidney transplant, there would be 10,000 fans lined up outside PBS the next day to give him one.  

Look at the Bengals stripe scars on that knee ... What a fucking legend already. 

IMG_20220520_234201.jpg

Brothers all 3..

The love and respect for each other is

Infectious for the rest of the team..

On 5/21/2022 at 12:59 PM, Jamie_B said:

ZT and his vision ..

With an improved line JB would seem to have time to go from 2 options and a dumpoff to

3 and a dump..

Think about how that opens up so much more for his magical performances.

Edit..

You know if JB never threw another pass for the Bengals he would still be my personal all time favorite.

There was a time I thought when  God made a perfect physical specimen for a QB.it was Carson Palmer sans the leadership.

God came back and made the perfect QB in every aspect in JB..

Yes he did..

The team is scheduled to play many prime time slots.

They want to televise him as much as possible..

Archived