Damn....I'm Back! Long Hiatus of Bungholio!

Wass up, ya'll? Long time no talk. A lot has happened with the Bengals since I last haunted these hallowed halls. Deserted to FB for awhile (years) and I just don't belong there. I kept getting suspended over and over again for jokes that AI cannot parse the context of. Like me jokingly in a thread I had started about the opener last season, suggesting that we somehow keednappp Mike Zimmer at halftime, throw a Lou Anarumo mask on his face and force him to coach our defense in the 2nd half. But because I used that "K" word, 30 days. I can't stand visiting FB anymore. 

Anyhoo....so what's been happening around here? Anyone want to bring me up to speed? Jamie B get laid yet? OldSchooler come back? Any BJ sightings (although I do miss FB for talking to him, he's such a wild human given what he's so deeply entrenched in with the Kurds) ? Is Ryan still a weed virgin living inside a dispensary state? 

What's poppin'?

Hey Bung, nice to see you around these parts again.  FWIW, Jamie's spelling has improved, haven't seen Old here in a loooonnnngggg time, and BJ was quite active during the Draft process and still posts here lately.  I still remember that time you got on Cincy Talk Radio and dropped the "Go-Bengals.com" bomb.  That was you, right?  Good times!  Anyway, I hope you're doing well and have improved health.

Just now, esjbh2 said:

Hey Bung, nice to see you around these parts again.  FWIW, Jamie's spelling has improved, haven't seen Old here in a loooonnnngggg time, and BJ was quite active during the Draft process and still posts here lately.  I still remember that time you got on Cincy Talk Radio and dropped the "Go-Bengals.com" bomb.  That was you, right?  Good times!  Anyway, I hope you're doing well and have improved health.

What's up "old friend"? 

the bengals are good now.

i dunno about this weed virgin stuff, that cherry popping in 9th grade if i recall correctly. used to do edibles at work, but i was just doing design and web work then now im HNIC so gotta be a little more alert.

both my kids are in high school if that makes you feel older, as the first one was born a year into this place existing..

welcome back

On 5/30/2022 at 3:14 PM, Bunghole said:

Any BJ sightings

Nice to have you back Bunghole. 😎

Like you, I take hiatuses depending on which country I'm in at the time, but you know I can't stay away during draft time (my favorite part of the year tbh).

Of note, I did the very first draft on here in 2004 from the middle of a Tanzanian jungle (priorities). I then had to digest getting Chris Perry instead of Wilfork 2 weeks later with malaria (losing Vince was worse). 

* I hope Oldschooler makes a return at some point as well (if he's lurk reading).

35 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Like you, I take hiatuses depending on which country I'm in at the time, but you know I can't stay away during draft time (my favorite part of the year tbh).

Of note, I did the very first draft on here in 2004 from the middle of a Tanzanian jungle (priorities). I then had to digest getting Chris Perry instead of Wilfork 2 weeks later with malaria (losing Vince was worse). 

* I hope Oldschooler makes a return at some point as well (if he's lurk reading).

Chatted with Old awhile ago.  I think he just has other things going on these days.

On 5/30/2022 at 9:28 PM, GoBengals said:

i dunno about this weed virgin stuff, that cherry popping in 9th grade if i recall correctly. used to do edibles at work, but i was just doing design and web work then now im HNIC so gotta be a little more alert.

both my kids are in high school if that makes you feel older, as the first one was born a year into this place existing..

welcome back

Oh, I kid you about that Ryan, the weed thing. Like you, I still have one of my sons in high school, he's going to be a junior at East Central, still playing football for 'em. He's almost driving himself but has no car, so I'm still deeply involved in that. I've had custody of them what, 11 years now? Man, you now know as well as I do how fast time really just gets away from you and how you constantly feel pulled in all directions sometimes. 

I can say with authority that living with a 20 and 16 year in a five room apartment is crowded! I'm getting a lot better at guitar, have better gear, don't drink....so many life changes, I am sure you are the same. 

On 5/31/2022 at 6:49 PM, BlackJesus said:

Dude, I had no idea that you had done that with that draft. I can't remember if I got here early enough to have seen it. You're a trip man, and I gotta say I admire you, because evill has reared it's ugly face everywhere and you keep shining that light on it man...and probably to the peril of your life. So you're a badass in my book. 

You're due another drunken episode at a Bengals game though. While security may be a little tighter than it was at the Jacksonville game that halcyon day caught forever on film and in BengalBeotch's heart and literal hotel doorstep, I think we can come up with a way to let the animal within out for 3 hours on a Sunday. Lol. Not but seriously....

On 5/31/2022 at 7:25 PM, Montana Bengal said:

Chatted with Old awhile ago.  I think he just has other things going on these days.

Huh. I miss the BigDickDaddyFromCinciFuckingNati. In a platonic way of course. How are you and yours? All present and accounted for?

On 5/31/2022 at 8:23 PM, Jason said:

Welcome back Bung! 

Thank you, my sword-wielding Floridian friend! Is that still were ya'll are? I really need to catch up. 

On 6/1/2022 at 7:23 AM, High School Harry said:

Took ya' long enough!!  Great to see you back in The Jungle with all

the other animals.

You wuz missed, Brah.

WHO DEY!

Wasabi my dude. Long time. I'm hoping this will stick again, I'm tired of the way so much of the internet is run for social media and how it's just...uninteresting. Irrelevant. And not very fun anymore. Or, I am that grumpy old man destined for the basement apartment hitting the ceiling with a broomstick yelling "Turn it down! That's not music!"

On 6/1/2022 at 5:58 PM, steggyD said:

You can't come back when they start winning. Not allowed.

It wasn't really like that, but now you're making feel like the prodigal son returning. I promise after you grant me access my son will not nuke this website again.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, Slag911 said:

Taint nothing wrong with lurking from time to time like I do.....right Bung?  🥷 Welcome back DUDE

Man....fucking A....how the names, the time flying...so weird....

On 6/2/2022 at 1:37 PM, westside bengal said:

Welcome back from the dark side.

Sounds weird to hear after I just tripped balls last night and watched Vader tell Obi Wan "You should have killed me when you had the chance!" while force-holding/dragging him through those flames, lol. 

Steve!

I think that's right, right?

Good to see you're still around. I seem to remember you were going through some health issues last I heard.

Oldschooler dropped in a while back and made a few posts. A lot of the old posters, myself included came back, at least for an occasional post. I don't get in here much these days, but I do drop by a couple of times a week to see what's new.

13 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Thank you, my sword-wielding Floridian friend! Is that still were ya'll are? I really need to catch up. 

You REALLY need to catch up.  I've been in NC since 2007.  :lol: 

And sadly, it's no longer we.  Diva passed away in September.

20 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Oh, I kid you about that Ryan, the weed thing. Like you, I still have one of my sons in high school, he's going to be a junior at East Central, still playing football for 'em. He's almost driving himself but has no car, so I'm still deeply involved in that. I've had custody of them what, 11 years now? Man, you now know as well as I do how fast time really just gets away from you and how you constantly feel pulled in all directions sometimes. 

My niece goes to East Central. She's going to be a senior this year. 

On 6/6/2022 at 6:26 AM, Jason said:

Oh wow, so sorry to hear Jason :(

Also lurking lately to get some news from Memphisbengal, thanks to you sir and the others who post info here, site wouldn’t be what it is without you. 

On 5/30/2022 at 3:14 PM, Bunghole said:

Wass up, ya'll? Long time no talk. A lot has happened with the Bengals since I last haunted these hallowed halls. Deserted to FB for awhile (years) and I just don't belong there. I kept getting suspended over and over again for jokes that AI cannot parse the context of. Like me jokingly in a thread I had started about the opener last season, suggesting that we somehow keednappp Mike Zimmer at halftime, throw a Lou Anarumo mask on his face and force him to coach our defense in the 2nd half. But because I used that "K" word, 30 days. I can't stand visiting FB anymore. 

Anyhoo....so what's been happening around here? Anyone want to bring me up to speed? Jamie B get laid yet? OldSchooler come back? Any BJ sightings (although I do miss FB for talking to him, he's such a wild human given what he's so deeply entrenched in with the Kurds) ? Is Ryan still a weed virgin living inside a dispensary state? 

What's poppin'?

Hope all is well with you Stevie G 

On 5/30/2022 at 9:28 PM, GoBengals said:

welcome back

So, you are a HNIC?  Really?  Do you even know what that means?

7 hours ago, kennethmw said:

sure would be a weird thing to to put if i didnt know what it meant, no?  do people post acronyms they dont know the meaning of?

it means Hockey Night In Canada, right?

joking aside, if that offended you, which i assume it did, I apologize.

I am a mobb deep fan(Prodigy has a solo album by this title, which was juuuust rereleased for record store day last month), and this is also a term used endlessly by all races in every retail job i have had in every state ive ever been. manager leaves, says so and so is in charge or so and so has the safe keys or inventory keys, whatever, was mocked as the HNIC be everyones else. never used or heard it used in a derogatory way, not that that changes much I suppose.

On 6/5/2022 at 8:58 PM, BengalBacker said:

Steve!

I think that's right, right?

Good to see you're still around. I seem to remember you were going through some health issues last I heard.

Oldschooler dropped in a while back and made a few posts. A lot of the old posters, myself included came back, at least for an occasional post. I don't get in here much these days, but I do drop by a couple of times a week to see what's new.

Dude! What's up, man? Yeah, I did. Drank enough beer to almost kill the liver, but I'm good now. I can say it's been very strange going to Bengals games sob....not drinking....and wondering to myself how many times I was "that guy", haha. Now I go to games in other frames of mind and drink LOTS of water, lol. 
It seems so long ago we were chatting about spraying JWH-018 on plant material, eh? Man...the quality and variety of the flower now coupled with the musliple delivery systems really has changed since then, huh? 
I hope you are well. Aside from the daily squirrel wheel of selling cars for a living, being a Dad, trying to plunk on my guitar when I can, going to games and musically living in the moment (oh man....taking the Billy Strings, "BMFS" to those that know, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Marcus King, Colter Wall, etc, etc deep dive has got me blasting music and singing lustily along every single chance I get. I live in moments now. My brush with mortality has taught me at least that. 

If you haven't heard of Billy yet, you need to. Guitar prodigy, amazing songwriter and singer. Take a train ride, who deosn't like trains? Crank it up man, this song about sums it up for me these days (and the camera work with the trains and portrayal of rural America is really, really good):

On 6/6/2022 at 6:26 AM, Jason said:

Jason-

I am very, very sorry to hear this man. I obviously had no idea, but I will spare you the empty platitudes because there really isn't anything I can say or offer except heartfelt sadness, which is weird in and of itself as we have never met, which I suppose isn't so weird these days as I watch my 20 year old go through being emotionally upset over a "relationship" he's having (or had, I don't know) with a girl that he's never met and doesn't live near us. World we're living in I guess. 

I hope all is well other than that? You know, this is making me think we should have like a "One Last Hurrah" Go-Bengals get together either at a game or before one somewhere before we start drifting even further apart through age, circumstances and even death. IDK. Just thinking out loud. Take care, Jason. 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:17 PM, Shebengal said:

My niece goes to East Central. She's going to be a senior this year. 

Cool! Small world. I wonder if they know each other. It's possible. 

On 6/8/2022 at 5:51 PM, IKOTA said:

Hope all is well with you Stevie G 

Dude! This is feeling a lot like a HS class reunion and I'm the balding fifty-something with the paunch standing in the corner with my nametag all askew. How are you? Man...I have shit to do today and I am trying to reply to everyone. Ugh. It's strange how insular I must be to have drifted this far away from a websote that I loved and breathed on for so many years. I need to get off Reddit and back on here. Reddit replaced my FB addiction which is mercifully over. I simply cannot stand that company nor their product so I just refuse to use it. 
We really need to catch up sometime, man. You're one of the few people I have in fact met IRL from this place. 

On 6/9/2022 at 6:01 PM, kennethmw said:

Ken-

Still in the business of moving the metal? Weird times, eh? So very, very strange. I hope you're doing well. It appears your position as the site contrarian is safe. 
I keed, I keed! Take care,man. 

On 6/10/2022 at 2:04 AM, GoBengals said:

sure would be a weird thing to to put if i didnt know what it meant, no?  do people post acronyms they dont know the meaning of?

it means Hockey Night In Canada, right?

joking aside, if that offended you, which i assume it did, I apologize.

I am a mobb deep fan(Prodigy has a solo album by this title, which was juuuust rereleased for record store day last month), and this is also a term used endlessly by all races in every retail job i have had in every state ive ever been. manager leaves, says so and so is in charge or so and so has the safe keys or inventory keys, whatever, was mocked as the HNIC be everyones else. never used or heard it used in a derogatory way, not that that changes much I suppose.

I was about to just say "what's up" and I just now think I realize what that acronym means. I literally thought it was some industry acronym and I wondered what it was then I re-read your explanation and I was like "Ohhhhhhhhh". I hope you're still doing well, man. This place's existence is at least in part a testament to your stubborness, lol. 

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

I was about to just say "what's up" and I just now think I realize what that acronym means. I literally thought it was some industry acronym and I wondered what it was then I re-read your explanation and I was like "Ohhhhhhhhh". I hope you're still doing well, man. This place's existence is at least in part a testament to your stubborness, lol. 

i 50/50 mix of stubbornness and laziness perhaps. andy dalton sure can test a fellas limits.

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i 50/50 mix of stubbornness and laziness perhaps. andy dalton sure can test a fellas limits.

So you've come clean while I was away and admitted you thought Dalton was great all along and you were just driving site traffic with all that contrarian talk about and making fun of our glorious franchise's 2nd leading passer?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I know that shit ain't true. 

7 hours ago, Bunghole said:

If you haven't heard of Billy yet, you need to. Guitar prodigy, amazing songwriter and singer. Take a train ride, who deosn't like trains? Crank it up man, this song about sums it up for me these days (and the camera work with the trains and portrayal of rural America is really, really good):

Billy is the MAN when it comes to flat picking. He’s like a Doc Watson/Tony Rice love child.

Molly Tuttle is another prodigy that Billy is really close to.

Pay no attention to the dirty hippie in the background and instead focus on the fingers of this young man. Truly something to behold.  

9 hours ago, Bunghole said:

Dude! What's up, man? Yeah, I did. Drank enough beer to almost kill the liver, but I'm good now. I can say it's been very strange going to Bengals games sob....not drinking....and wondering to myself how many times I was "that guy", haha. Now I go to games in other frames of mind and drink LOTS of water, lol. 
It seems so long ago we were chatting about spraying JWH-018 on plant material, eh? Man...the quality and variety of the flower now coupled with the musliple delivery systems really has changed since then, huh? 
I hope you are well. Aside from the daily squirrel wheel of selling cars for a living, being a Dad, trying to plunk on my guitar when I can, going to games and musically living in the moment (oh man....taking the Billy Strings, "BMFS" to those that know, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Marcus King, Colter Wall, etc, etc deep dive has got me blasting music and singing lustily along every single chance I get. I live in moments now. My brush with mortality has taught me at least that. 

I stopped partoking years ago. Wife and I got into shooting, got our carry licenses and were buying a few guns for a while. Don't want a felony for lying on the 4473, so I gave up weed.

I've seen some of Billy Strings. pretty amazing. I watch most of Rick Beato's videos and he's talked about him.

My health issues seem to compound all the time, but so far I'm still working every day. On lots of meds though. Glaucoma, blood pressure, cholesterol, early stage prostate cancer. Diabetes, Venous stasis dermatitis.... Good times. Most of my issues are self inflicted though, too fat, smoke, drink, little exercise. I basically do the opposite of what I should do for the most part. Yeah, I'm an idiot with no willpower.

Anyway, great to see you checking in. I had a long absence too, trying to stop in a little more these days. I mean, fuck, we're actually a good team again. We need to enjoy it.

18 hours ago, spicoli said:

Billy is the MAN when it comes to flat picking. He’s like a Doc Watson/Tony Rice love child.

Molly Tuttle is another prodigy that Billy is really close to.

Pay no attention to the dirty hippie in the background and instead focus on the fingers of this young man. Truly something to behold.  

He's come so far since then. His songwriting is epically good too. His band is amazing live, saw them in Cincinnati in March with my son. So much fun, except for the seat Nazis trying to continuously guide tripping billies to their seats, lol. His latest two albums "Renewal" and "Home" are really good. I like great guitar playing and songwriting, and even Billy can't really make me like bluegrass, but I like Billy Strings music. There's just something about this guy. He's a magical musical stoned muse.

Archived