Damn....I'm Back! Long Hiatus of Bungholio!

16 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

I stopped partoking years ago. Wife and I got into shooting, got our carry licenses and were buying a few guns for a while. Don't want a felony for lying on the 4473, so I gave up weed.

I've seen some of Billy Strings. pretty amazing. I watch most of Rick Beato's videos and he's talked about him.

My health issues seem to compound all the time, but so far I'm still working every day. On lots of meds though. Glaucoma, blood pressure, cholesterol, early stage prostate cancer. Diabetes, Venous stasis dermatitis.... Good times. Most of my issues are self inflicted though, too fat, smoke, drink, little exercise. I basically do the opposite of what I should do for the most part. Yeah, I'm an idiot with no willpower.

Anyway, great to see you checking in. I had a long absence too, trying to stop in a little more these days. I mean, fuck, we're actually a good team again. We need to enjoy it.

Sorry to hear man, but hell yeah on the team. Burrow is the 2nd coming as far as I'm concerned and nobody can convince me otherwise. Sucks you have glaucoma, but why not edibles once you have "enough" guns, lol. It's not like you're tested for it after you have your CCL right? And if something happened and you use your firearm in self defense, who cares then anyway? 

And yeah on Billy. Man I love that cat's music, and by extension, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Colter Wall, Molly Tuttle, Sierra Ferrell and a few others I can't remember...while I crank the Pantera every third song, lol. Most of what I listen to is centered around great guitar playing or at least great songwriting. I'm seeking songs that resonate with me on more than a surface level now, which is why some old Rush and Floyd songs are in the rotation again too. I feel like I am missing out on so much music that I would love, and I am literally running out of time, as we all are. I hope you stick around for awhile man. Keep a steady hand! Peace....

34 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

He's come so far since then

Oh yeah, for sure. I wasn’t really posting that vid for you, but rather for the Billy noobs who have no idea who he is or what he does. I’ve seen him six times so far, last time was just last month in Nashville. Hell of a show!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, spicoli said:

Oh yeah, for sure. I wasn’t really posting that vid for you, but rather for the Billy noobs who have no idea who he is or what he does. I’ve seen him six times so far, last time was just last month in Nashville. Hell of a show!

I've got tickets to the Indy Saturday show now. Hell yeah! I am Working until 4, blazing home, changing into my Bengals gear, grabbing my drugs and my son (in that order, lol) and hauling ass out to Indy. I have pit tickets this time!

Edit: Here's us at the Cincinnati Billyshow March 12th (?) Saturday night at the Icon Center. Great venue, by the way. Billy even commented on how great it sounded.

Steve

Billy Show.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, spicoli said:

I remain jealous that you have seen Billy six times. So much so that I purchased a nugs subscription. Lol. I simply can't imagine anyone that really digs rock based music how they wouldn't be able to get into at least a few of his tunes. The fact that it's mostly NOT traditional bluegrass is why I like him so much. Just epic, EPIC guitar picking, great songwriting and lyrics....there's a magical quality to his music I haven't felt in forever, if ever and I am serious. I don't know what's happening to me! Pantera, save me!

Archived