Jan 6 hearings

Jamie_B

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

They were there to defend the Capital and it’s inhabitants.  You don’t do that by letting everyone in.  And if these guys were armed then what?  A shootout inside the Capital building?

Never in my military career would I let the enemy into my defensive area and hope for the best.   That isn’t how it works.   All it did was embolden the rioters to press forward. 

And the cold hard reality of Kent State is all of the protesting ended once the shooting started.  If you throw shit at someone with a loaded gun, bad things can happen.  

Except these were not enemy combatants they are us citizens with rights. 

32 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Except these were not enemy combatants they are us citizens with rights. 

They do not have the right to break into a secure area using force.  Ashil Babbitt’s death and the shooter not being charged is proof of that.  

If a group tried that at the White House the snipers would put them down in a hot second.  

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

They do not have the right to break into a secure area using force.  Ashil Babbitt’s death and the shooter not being charged is proof of that.  

If a group tried that at the White House the snipers would put them down in a hot second.  

Every so often there are fence jumpers on the white house lawn, when was the last time you heard of one getting killed?

Look I hate these people, but we have to ask the question where is the line between justified security and a fascist police state?

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Every so often there are fence jumpers on the white house lawn, when was the last time you heard of one getting killed?

Look I hate these people, but we have to ask the question where is the line between justified security and a fascist police state?

Fence JUMPER.  Singular.  If a mob started coming over the fence, they would be shot.  Dead.  Center mass with high powered rifles.  No questions asked.  No charges filed.

And when are in a police state, the government actively seeks you out. The Facists and Communists don’t sit around waiting for you to storm the government buildings.  They get intelligence from your neighbors, come to your home and you go away sometimes permanently.  

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Fence JUMPER.  Singular.  If a mob started coming over the fence, they would be shot.  Dead.  Center mass with high powered rifles.  No questions asked.  No charges filed.  

When was the last time you've been to the White house? The Congress is much more open in that regard, in fact years ago they shut down part of Penn Ave for security reasons that is never going to be opened back up. A whole mob of fence jumpers the likes of the ones that stormed the capitol would be much more difficult. 

Just now, Jamie_B said:

When was the last time you've been to the White house? The Congress is much more open in that regard, in fact years ago they shut down part of Penn Ave for security reasons that is never going to be opened back up. A whole mob of fence jumpers the likes of the ones that stormed the capitol would be much more difficult. 

Couple of weeks ago. And the Capital building had been fenced off at the time (Jan 6).  

And no, a large mob climbing the fence at the White House would result in a lot of dead people.  The sniper is only there to take out anyone who might have a rocket propelled grenade or similar.  The Marines on site would obliterate any foolish mob.  

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Couple of weeks ago. And the Capital building had been fenced off at the time (Jan 6).  

And no, a large mob climbing the fence at the White House would result in a lot of dead people.  The sniper is only there to take out anyone who might have a rocket propelled grenade or similar.  The Marines on site would obliterate any foolish mob.  

I happen to drive by the Capital on a weekly basis, the fence came up after the fact. I think your memory may be hazy here. 

The logistics alone make a large mob jumping the fence much less plausible.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I happen to drive by the Capital on a weekly basis, the fence came up after the fact. I think your memory may be hazy here. 

The logistics alone make a large mob jumping the fence much less plausible.

Man it's shitty seeing the mall all fenced off, is that still the case? 

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Man it's shitty seeing the mall all fenced off, is that still the case? 

No the Capital is back to normal as far as that goes.

When that whole Q storm about Trump having a 2nd inauguration that was the real inauguration day there were rumors of another March. I happened to be driving to a nationals game that day and traffic was a nightmare so waze rerouted me through the Capital area and while the fences were down by then that area was a ghost town and the Capital police were all around this time with machine guns. Though it didn't look like that famous pic of a whole lot of them on the steps 

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

So threating state election officials and poll workers is apparently a thing.

No news there.  You know what isn't a thing? Real consequences.

Not to worry though, I'm sure they'll learn from all this & do a better job with the next coup.

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

No news there.  You know what isn't a thing? Real consequences.

Not to worry though, I'm sure they'll learn from all this & do a better job with the next coup.

Susan Collins is "really concerned" but believes Trump learned his lesson. 

36 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

We just heard the police call that had some protestors had guns and the White House was informed of it, and they had reports before hand that there was potential for violence that day

My guess is they will stop well short of the obviously complicit law enforcement at command level.

Trump tried to overtake a Sec Service agent that was driving him to the west wing to trying to force him to take him to the capitol saying "I'm the President God Damned it"

Also apparently they told him that the protestors we chanting "hang mike pence" and he didnt have any problem with it 

basically Trump was fine with what was going on

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I mean, how could he not be when he both planned and executed what was going on? 

That's the part we need to see as of now all we have is a belief that that was the case but nothing as far a smoking gun showing that

If they can show Trump himself was involved in the planning and not just some Roger Stone/Michael Flynn type.....

16 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That's the part we need to see as of now all we have is a belief that that was the case but nothing as far a smoking gun showing that

If they can show Trump himself was involved in the planning and not just some Roger Stone/Michael Flynn type.....

Yes let's wait for conclusive proof that the man who told people to go "fight like hell" in a coup designed to keep him in power was involved in it.

I mean maybe it was supposed to be a big surprise party like he walks in to clean out the Oval Office on his last day and everyone pops out and declares him Emperor.

6 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yes let's wait for conclusive proof that the man who told people to go "fight like hell" in a coup designed to keep him in power was involved in it.

I mean maybe it was supposed to be a big surprise party like he walks in to clean out the Oval Office on his last day and everyone pops out and declares him Emperor.

Look I agree with you but for the sake of plausible deniability....