Their season is winding down with the playoffs starting next week. I am sure some guys will make their way to NFL rosters. As far as I can tell we have 88 guys on the roster so 2 open spots. I think we have some room to add a 4th QB, a Dynamic RB, Some depth at WR and TE and a dynamic return man. 

Some Fellas

QB

Jordan Ta'Amu: I have been a fan sense he came out. Saying he has bounced around the league is minimizing things. He has stops at Houston, KC, Detroit, back to KSC, Back to Detroit, Washington and Carolina since going undrafted in 2019. Just 24 he was successful in the XFL stint and now in the USFL both running and passing. He didn't make the playoffs. 

RB

Bo Scarborough: Remember him? Former Bama RB bounced around the league (Cowboys, Jax, Seahawks, Lions, Seahawks, Raiders). With the Lions in 2019 he had 89-377-4.2-1. I think he can compete with our 5th and 6th guys pretty easily and has a higher upside. Will be 28 this season though. 

WR

Victor Bolden: He is already 27 and undersized at 5-8 178. and not so fast in the 40, but his speed seems better on film. 2 Rs for TDs in preseason for Niners. 

He was 4th in the league in receiving yards, 3rd in PR yards and 3rd in KR yards. 

Maurice Alexander: Another undersized WR with kick return chops. Alexander led the league in KR yards. Pedestrian receiving numbers both in the league and at Florida International where he moved to WR from QB and made his biggest impact as a PR. 

TE

Cheyenne O'Grady: Familiar face having been in camp last year. He had upside but no polish and might have gone a long way gaining some of that in the league by being in the top 10 in receiving. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back. He will be 26 in September. 

CB

Will Likely: The former Maryland corner has 46 tackles, 4 ints and good kr and pr numbers

4 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i watched part of a game today or yesterday, and it seemed like USFL is full of guys juuuuust not smart enough to not commit a bunch of personal fouls. just dudes late hit, hitting punter, shoving guys.

Maybe the “F” stands for “Fight” instead of “Football”???  :shrug:  

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

Maybe the “F” stands for “Fight” instead of “Football”???  :shrug:  

Anything to get noticed I guess.  I am guessing a few guys have the physical talent to be viable NFL players but have Burfict Syndrome.  

Statistically, I'm sure there at least 5 USFL players who could start in the NFL. The trick is finding those 5 amidst a bunch of guys who only look good because of sup par competition. 

I would wager that the biggest trait separating them from NFL starters would be their heights, speed, and agility - as strength is probably comparable. 

On 6/19/2022 at 2:33 AM, GoBengals said:

i watched part of a game today or yesterday, and it seemed like USFL is full of guys juuuuust not smart enough to not commit a bunch of personal fouls. just dudes late hit, hitting punter, shoving guys.

As you start digging into many of these guys you see they got booted from their original schools for terrible behavior. 

Many punched women, which I am sure we would stay away from just so it didn't bring back up Mixons punch. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 2:33 AM, GoBengals said:

Pittsburgh scouts be like

giphy.gif?cid=790b761128e752911c9245f5f6

Archived