Pacman adopted Chris Henry's kids?

It is very cool.. I always had a soft spot for Pac even when he did dumb shit, but adopting his kids is an amazing thing to do.... major props to him

and damn slim JR is like an 8th grader and that big already. I guess that's why the Buckeyes already offered him

3 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

It is very cool.. I always had a soft spot for Pac even when he did dumb shit, but adopting his kids is an amazing thing to do.... major props to him

and damn slim JR is like an 8th grader and that big already. I guess that's why the Buckeyes already offered him

Hope he gets to have the career his dad should've

Pac's issues were always an over-abundance of passion and poor impulse control, but never malice.

His heart was in the right place and he genuinely cared about the team winning. He heavily cried real tears after the Shittsburgh playoff robbery. I would make a place on my team for a guy like him any day. 

54 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Pac's issues were always an over-abundance of passion and poor impulse control, but never malice.

His heart was in the right place and he genuinely cared about the team winning. He heavily cried real tears after the Shittsburgh playoff robbery. I would make a place on my team for a guy like him any day. 

I don't hate the guy but he showed a complete lack of self-discipline and professionalism which infected the whole DB group, if not the defense & team in general.

He was also, IIRC, involved in airing out a strip club because he & his boys "made it rain" then wanted the money back.

So great, he has a good heart, but that doesn't mean I'd trust him to take the trashcans to the curb & I certainly wouldn't want another one on my team.

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I don't hate the guy but he showed a complete lack of self-discipline and professionalism which infected the whole DB group, if not the defense & team in general.

He was also, IIRC, involved in airing out a strip club because he & his boys "made it rain" then wanted the money back.

So great, he has a good heart, but that doesn't mean I'd trust him to take the trashcans to the curb & I certainly wouldn't want another one on my team.

close,  they were tossing cash at the strip club, the strippers started fighting over the cash, a brawl broke out, and dudes grabbed the excess cash, once it all cleared he wanted his stolen money back, and a member of his group shot at the club as they drove off.

horrible choice of friends? certainly. 

i know there is a certain......type.......of person here, who could never envision anything but what the tmz style media spits out at them, (which is ironic considering how much they call the media fake and bias)...  pacman and his wife are super humble and kind, my oldest son and i have met then a dozen times or so, a buddy and me were sitting with his wife and daughter and nanny in tampa when he got injured on a punt return, and since then whenever we cross paths we chat, he chats with my son, asks him about his sports, tossing some motivational confidence building words of wisdom sports wise, my son is now taller than pacman. i convinced a good friend to have his son train with him at his facility in the eastgate/beechmont area. i bought and got several other shops to carry his CBD/delta 8 products. 

this guy has such a passion for his circle of family and friends, and the guidance he has been able to give the Henry kids is changing their lives for the better. 

they go to my friends kids school, day one they had a mob of kids around them following them around. 

if everyone on heres worst day of decision making ever was plastered all over th news and media constantly for years i dont think people would think too highly of us all either.

36 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

close,  they were tossing cash at the strip club, the strippers started fighting over the cash, a brawl broke out, and dudes grabbed the excess cash, once it all cleared he wanted his stolen money back, and a member of his group shot at the club as they drove off.

horrible choice of friends? certainly. 

i know there is a certain......type.......of person here, who could never envision anything but what the tmz style media spits out at them, (which is ironic considering how much they call the media fake and bias)...  pacman and his wife are super humble and kind, my oldest son and i have met then a dozen times or so, a buddy and me were sitting with his wife and daughter and nanny in tampa when he got injured on a punt return, and since then whenever we cross paths we chat, he chats with my son, asks him about his sports, tossing some motivational confidence building words of wisdom sports wise, my son is now taller than pacman. i convinced a good friend to have his son train with him at his facility in the eastgate/beechmont area. i bought and got several other shops to carry his CBD/delta 8 products. 

this guy has such a passion for his circle of family and friends, and the guidance he has been able to give the Henry kids is changing their lives for the better. 

they go to my friends kids school, day one they had a mob of kids around them following them around. 

if everyone on heres worst day of decision making ever was plastered all over th news and media constantly for years i dont think people would think too highly of us all either.

Yeah that's legit, I definitely had some friends growing up that I needed to get clear of as we got older.  Given all he's been through I can believe he has matured & I'm happy to hear he's built a more stable life for himself.  Sounds like all the hotel freakouts and spitting incidents are behind him.  Still think he set a terrible example for the locker room back then but I'll take your word that he's grown into a different person.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yeah that's legit, I definitely had some friends growing up that I needed to get clear of as we got older.  Given all he's been through I can believe he has matured & I'm happy to hear he's built a more stable life for himself.  Sounds like all the hotel freakouts and spitting incidents are behind him.  Still think he set a terrible example for the locker room back then but I'll take your word that he's grown into a different person.

cant speak for the locker room, but we had a locker room full of pussies and bitches back then and maybe they needed or FELT they needed some mean streak or swagger or whatever you want to call it.

Marv came from that murderer coke dealer locker room in baltimore and seemed he MAYBE felt that was part of a tough team? who knows. 

super glad none of that is anything we need to be concerned about anymore.

and cant wait until Henry jr commits somewhere, im thinking it has to be OSU or WV, but just about ever major school will be tossing him an offer i assume, he has about 25 already and is a freshman, unreal.

12 hours ago, GoBengals said:

cant speak for the locker room, but we had a locker room full of pussies and bitches back then and maybe they needed or FELT they needed some mean streak or swagger or whatever you want to call it.

Marv came from that murderer coke dealer locker room in baltimore and seemed he MAYBE felt that was part of a tough team? who knows. 

No doubt those teams were babydoodoo soft, first busted play or turnover & they tended to just crumble.  That's when our DB's would start doing too much and drawing the big penalties.

Burrow has shown himself to be the polar opposite of whatever that mess was...  IDK if I've ever seen a QB get hit so much and never rattle.

On 6/24/2022 at 5:26 PM, T-Dub said:

he showed a complete lack of self-discipline and professionalism

I certainly wouldn't want another one on my team.

Because a football team has so many players, I think there is room for physically talented players who bring "juice" and unbridled "energy / aggression" to the team, even if they are boneheaded or unreliable at times.

For instance, I would contend that the greatest NFL player of all time is Lawrence Taylor, and he was a complete fuckup off the field and a partial headcase on it. 

Now in order reap the full benefits of these "Icarus players" (who fly too close to the sun and get burned), you then also need other team leaders to reign them in at times. 

The Bengals when Pac came in were soft, lacked confidence, folded under pressure, and needed some swagger and "fire" in their bellies. Especially since 'Velcro New Balance' Dalton was not getting anyone to run through a wall for him.

Burfict and Pac both did their jobs very well and if they had played in the 80s and 90s they would both be celebrated on NFL films. 

18 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Because a football team has so many players, I think there is room for physically talented players who bring "juice" and unbridled "energy / aggression" to the team, even if they are boneheaded or unreliable at times.

For instance, I would contend that the greatest NFL player of all time is Lawrence Taylor, and he was a complete fuckup off the field and a partial headcase on it. 

Now in order reap the full benefits of these "Icarus players" (who fly too close to the sun and get burned), you then also need other team leaders to reign them in at times. 

The Bengals when Pac came in were soft, lacked confidence, folded under pressure, and needed some swagger and "fire" in their bellies. Especially since 'Velcro New Balance' Dalton was not getting anyone to run through a wall for him.

Burfict and Pac both did their jobs very well and if they had played in the 80s and 90s they would both be celebrated on NFL films. 

Wow....If you hit the nail on the head harder, you'll crack the face of Mount Rushmore...that comment is so correct for the situation.  And it also shows the about-face of the locker room we have now with a team that is battle-tested and will never quit.  I kinda wonder how they would turn out if Burfict and Pac were here now--though odd-on favorite they couldnt make the squad or Zac wouldnt even consider it...

I will always say the NFL did Burfict dirty & AFAIK was never a liability off the field like Jones.  In fact, it brings it back around to Henry as I'd expect CTE affected their judgment just like it did his at times.  Have to wonder how their careers could've gone if they'd received more support than punishment for it.  NFLPA is probably more to blame than Goodell for that, too.  Slimy as he is, he works for the owners,  Was the union there for any of these three?

6 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Don't know if you guys know that Pacman and Solomon Wilcots do a show on youtube, I think it's weekly but not sure. He talks like he's still a Bengal, much like Housh does.

I don't remember where I saw it but apparently there is a whole text chain between a bunch of the former players, Chad was talking about it, he said he talks in it sometimes but the most active player is Willie. 

12 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Don't know if you guys know that Pacman and Solomon Wilcots do a show on youtube, I think it's weekly but not sure. He talks like he's still a Bengal, much like Housh does.

Good listen but geeze, Luke Wilson!! Dude made plays in the Superbowl!! Lol

I do this every football and baseball season, I post an ad on craigslist asking for a few kids who love sports but cannot afford the equipment. I buy all their equipment and keep in touch until they are out of high school buying whatever they needed. It;s not anything that kills my bank account (I am not rich), but I think it helps families who are too low income to afford sports gear for their kids. A couple guys I helped buy gear for in the past have went on to get college scholarships. I like to think I made a difference in someone's life. I don't even meet a lot of the kids personally. I like them to think their parents worked hard to get him the gear, thinking maybe they will appreciate it more. 

1 hour ago, Gary said:

I do this every football and baseball season, I post an ad on craigslist asking for a few kids who love sports but cannot afford the equipment. I buy all their equipment and keep in touch until they are out of high school buying whatever they needed. It;s not anything that kills my bank account (I am not rich), but I think it helps families who are too low income to afford sports gear for their kids. A couple guys I helped buy gear for in the past have went on to get college scholarships. I like to think I made a difference in someone's life. I don't even meet a lot of the kids personally. I like them to think their parents worked hard to get him the gear, thinking maybe they will appreciate it more. 

Quality human

On 7/1/2022 at 12:33 AM, Gary said:

I like to think I made a difference in someone's life. I don't even meet a lot of the kids personally. I like them to think their parents worked hard to get him the gear, thinking maybe they will appreciate it more. 

This is what I liked the most about your story - so many people do shit for recognition. Showing off on Insta live, "Look, I'm giving John his new pads today!"

Good on you, man.

Thanks y'all. Always have loved giving. Love animals too. Parents always have said I would have made a good Vet. Too old now though to start all over heh. I foster a few litters of kittens every year. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived